Sponsored by:

Can't find part number for coolant pipe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 02:50 PM

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
2017 GLS 550
Can't find part number for coolant pipe

SO power steering hose rubbed a hole in the aluminum coolant pipe that goes from the reservoir to the radiator/intercooler pump. Can someone confirm this is the part number?

Thanks,
Old 04-30-2021, 03:21 PM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 E55, 2009 VW GLI
You're good. I replaced mine for the same reason. I used a piece of heater hose and placed it around the area where the power steering hose comes in contact with the filler hose to prevent it from happening again.

Old 05-03-2021, 08:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 E55 AMG Kombi
I had the same issue last year. In my case it was complicated by the fact that my headlight washer motor decided to spring a leak on literally the same day, and as both fluids were blue and the coolant leak was intermittent, it was a bit of a problem to track it all down. LOL!

In my case, I used the rubber covered hose clamps from the old pipe to insulate the new one from having the same issue. It is a bit of a bear to reach everything to get the old pipe out if you haven't already done it. 90 Degree short length tools would be handy, as there is very little clearance between the radiator abd the accessory belt systems. I believe the hose clamp was a torx if memory serves. May possibly have been a small metric like a 10 mm. If you have really big hand/forearms, it's not going to be much fun.