Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2021 | 11:18 AM

05 E55 (06 E55 RIP)
XS power LTs + Fabberge 3in catback.

Old 05-05-2021 | 04:27 PM

CLS55
I like it a lot.

I have those LTs on my car with stock CLS55 mufflers (which I understand are different than the E55 mufflers). I have no resonators and it sounds great under load, but at idle...well its fine, but I was hoping for more snap like yours. I really loved the sound of the meistercraft (or whatever they call those mufflers) in videos I've seen but.... damn those are expensive (I have zero idea how they can be that expensive). These have a similar note, imo, as those and is what I would target myself if I ever went with new mufflers.

I would be interested to hear how it sounds under load (don't go out of your way, but just curious)

Also, where did you get your mufflers...I assume they were just weld ins. I'm guessing they are costly too, but am interested

Nice sound car there though.
Old 05-05-2021 | 04:32 PM

05 E55 (06 E55 RIP)
Originally Posted by testknight
I like it a lot. I have those LTs on my car with stock CLS55 mufflers (which I understand are different than the E55 mufflers). I have no resonators and it sounds great under load, but at idle...well its fine, but I was hoping for more snap like yours, I really loved the sound of the meistercraft or whatever they call those muffler in videos I've seen but.... damn those are expensive (I have zero idea how they can be that expensive). These have a similar note, imo, as those and is what I would target myself if I ever went with new mufflers.

I would be interested to hear how it sounds under load (don't go out fo your way, but just curious)

Also, where did you get your mufflers...I assume they were just weld ins. I'm guessing they are costly to, but am interested

Nice sound car there though.
thanks for the kind words. IMHO it sounds even meaner under load, ill have more vids coming soon. ive got to get the car into the exhaust shop as the X pipe hangs too low. the headers fit amazingly, almost no massaging was needed at all. but the mid pipe is a different story. im also going to add a two resonators to the system to just smooth it out.

in answer to your question, the exhaust is a 3in catback system from a extinct company called Fabberge. the mufflers look to me like magnaflows, some say that it is a proprietary muffler from Fabberge but they aren't around to answer questions. I would say right now its probably in the ball park of C63 mufflers as far as volume. I like it, but im hoping two resonators will mellow it out it tick.