CDM Motorsports Long Tube Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
CDM Motorsports Long Tube Headers

Hey guys
New to MB world, new to Mercedes. Just bought a 2005 E55. All regular maintenance has been addressed so looking to move on to first aftermarket mod. Long Tube Headers. Anyone have any first have experience with these CDM Motorsports LTH?

http://cdmmotorsports.com/product/mercedes-e55-longtube-headers-w-200-cell-cats/

I'm in CA so if anyone local has experience, especially with emissions (or know why shops that'll pass it for an upcharge), any feedback would be appreciated. And if you're in SoCal and would be willing to meet up and let me have a listen to see how they sound that would be amazing!

But even if you aren't in CA and have no emissions wisdom to share, I would love any feedback on these LTH.

The car is currently stock, I believe the previous owner said he had the resonater deleted and that's it.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:34 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
Get something else. These don't look right to me, tbh.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:39 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by testknight
Get something else. These don't look right to me, tbh.
Any particular reason they don't look right? Or have you had experience with these?

And what do you suggest if not these? VRP doesn't have long tubes currently so that's out of the question.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:45 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
CLS55
That image looks like a generic image not pertaining to our platform, tbh, I don't think you'll find anyone real with those installed. I can't help much though on emissions requirement, but if I were you..I'd either spend a ton for MBH headers w cats, or I'd consider getting the standard chinese knockoffs w flex section you see everywhere and just having a shop weld in some cats for you.
Old 08-02-2021, 10:45 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
W210, W164, W220, W222
I'm in So Cal myself expressing interest with this set on CL.
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...356157963.html

However, I have no clue with the fitment and quality of the hardware from this company.

Were you planning to do the install yourself or did you have a local shop in mind?
Old 08-02-2021, 12:01 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by AudiologyVA
I'm in So Cal myself expressing interest with this set on CL.
https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/...356157963.html

However, I have no clue with the fitment and quality of the hardware from this company.

Were you planning to do the install yourself or did you have a local shop in mind?
I saw this kit as well. I'm a little hesitant. Who knows how the quality is.

I figured I'll find a shop once I've ordered the parts. I just bought the car and had it snogged but registration renewal is this November so I'm trying to figure out if I need to smog it again for renewal, or if I'm good for 2 years. That's make the difference in when I get it installed.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:38 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Zeeshan08
I saw this kit as well. I'm a little hesitant. Who knows how the quality is.

I figured I'll find a shop once I've ordered the parts. I just bought the car and had it snogged but registration renewal is this November so I'm trying to figure out if I need to smog it again for renewal, or if I'm good for 2 years. That's make the difference in when I get it installed.
you don't need to smog again I just went trough this, I was also thinking the same thing as you but I just renewed my Registration in August, I smoged it earlier this year when I did the transfer.