Sponsored by:

04 E55 AMG: What needs to be addressed after 1 month of ownership

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 55 AMG
04 E55 AMG: What needs to be addressed after 1 month of ownership

after successfully owning and maintaining myself 6 bmws (25i &28i’s) I have humbled myself and accepted that AMG maintenance is a different beast (although i am persistent not intimidated) and to also take on the project among advice of those here who are much more knowledgable than me on this subject. after a drunken and dejected somewhat of a rant in the forums here I was motivated to keep the car, and return it back to a pristine example by over time.

Now I have also been motivated to document the whole process via YouTube which I encourage you all to follow along.

My goal is to do as much if this myself as possible to enhance my knowledge of how these cars work for the future cars i plan to own as well, so truly this time advice will be appreciated. also i must mention mr birdwells help via email when I first purchased the car.

Now I have posted a walk around an explanation of all my symptoms in a youtube video I will link along with some questions of where to start and anything I am missing.

This is the beginning if a hopefully not too too long restoration process, and I am starting with talking to the guys who have the most experience first!

If anyone takes the time to watch my video and take a look at my car i really appreciate it honestly.

Also and preventative maintenance mods that ars reccommended I would love to hear.

again thank you all and for the motication to keep this amazing car and give it the love it deserves.

Also is making this car a daily driver realistic? it and what does that take?

again, I provide more details of the car in the video and appreciate each and everyone of you who read and take time to watch, no matter your response may be.

https://youtu.be/grD_yyC0GNA
Old 08-05-2021, 11:41 PM

E 55 AMG
TO ANY TECH THAT I MAY HAVE RUBBED THE WRONG WAY ON THIS FORUM:

I am aware I have managed to **** off some people on this forum with my snarky attitude at times, which is why i am making an emphasis that I am coming to everyone here humbly, as i recognize most of you are much more knowledgleble so it behoove me not to **** people off. also dont be an a hole too is a something to strive for. as maybe some people my age might not reflect on their actions in a humble sense i very much attempt to thus i dont always necesarilly agree with everything i have done or said in the past, I am sure all humans can relate to this to some extent. this does not absolve any remarks made by me in the past.
Thank you
Old 08-06-2021, 02:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts
mgLipGD
I’m just not watching a vid to learn the issues helping have monetary gain. List the issues simply for the forum.
Old 08-06-2021, 02:22 AM

E 55 AMG
the channel has literally 0 subscribers and i made it hours ago in which it was just for me to give a better description as im not familiar with everything im looking at. also I thought it coulld be fun to document and give me something to do. i wish i was making money off your views… LOL.

If your are curious birdwell pretty much talked about what i talked about in the video which he watched which I will link that thread

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/821054-04-e55-amg-what-needs-addressed-after-1-month-ownership.html#post8390185

Last edited by aguawaters; 08-06-2021 at 02:25 AM.