2004 E55 P0455 issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 07:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
2004 E55 P0455 issue

Hey guys,
I know this has been beat to death but I'm pretty sure this is a little different.
I'm getting a P0455 error. I decided to change the solenoid and mini canister parts in the engine bay. 17 year old car, cheap insurance, right?
Well, I wish I had looked a little closer and saw this first...

The 1st picture shows the hard line where the solenoid output line ends...no hose.
The 2nd picture shows what I believe is the grommet mentioned in https://mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/...0455-woes.html with nothing inserted.

So, I assume I'm missing a hard line between the 2.
Am I wrong?
Anyone know what the part # is for that hard line?
The shade-tree part of me is thinking I could get a brass hose adapter to fit in the grommet and just running fuel line from the existing hard line to it.

Thanks
Old 09-06-2021, 10:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 976 Likes on 759 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
The missing line is rubber tubing that connects to a small-diameter hard line; the hard line connects into a grommet that is below and to the right of the plug/grommet in your second photo. It is very difficult to follow the hard line but it is possible; you'll have to feel for it and if you have a camera/borescope that will help you to locate the other hard line so you can reinstall the missing rubber tubing.

EDIT: If you are looking for the part number, go to mbepc.net, search by VIN. Enter your VIN and it will bring up the datacard for your car. In the upper block of the datacard select "click to see full data". That will bring up the part numbers that were used for your particular build. In your case, go to "Fuel System" and then to item 060. In this case, it ends with the rubber tubing (but with no part number). The hard line attached to the intake manifold is not shown here; possibly/probably elsewhere.

EDIT 2: http://mbepc.net/1/m/m#gsc.tab=0
This will bring up the list of engine including the M113 installed in the E55 both normally aspirated and supercharged. The parts list is not as comprehensive as the old version that is no longer online. Never mind, I didn't think of looking under item 09, "Air Cleaner" , to find the supercharger and associated parts. Note: there may be more than one exploded parts diagram. If so, select "#1" just above the photo or "#2" just above the photo to toggle back and forth between the screens.

Last edited by bbirdwell; 09-06-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55
Thank you so much!
The hose was actually there, connected to the other hard line. It was just disconnected from the side I circled in the 1st pic.
I had the car in the Mercedes dealership to do a C service and to do a few other fixes.
One of the other fixes was replacing the valve cover gaskets. I can only guess the tech disconnected the hose during that and forgot to reconnect it.