Sponsored by:

Suspected Airmatic Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 03:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
None (Yet)
Suspected Airmatic Leak

Hi All. I'm here again with more questions about the E55. Straight to the point, we believe there is an Airmatic Leak, but we are not sure. The rear left side sinks about 5mm when parked overnight usually, however when we first got the vehicle it was the front right that sank overnight. Recently though, it has been ranging from the entire car lowering very slightly, evenly across all corners, to just the entire rear getting lowered to the point it's covering part of the tire sidewall. It has not been driven in 3 days. (Wet Weather.)

It raises and lowers completely fine, although occasionally you can hear a very brief hiss of air come from the engine bay. I presume that's the compressor working.

Is it possible to use anything to determine if there is a system somewhere? Whether it's air lines, the struts themselves, or the compressor? We have the car going in to a workshop in a few days to get some work completed and an inspection done of a few parts. Would they be able to use STAR to find out if there is a leak and where?

I feel like it's the air lines because of the different corners sinking, and it not being one specific strut, but I can't be sure.

Note: If it helps, our driveway is sloped. You have to drive up it to get out.

Last edited by Jodul; 11-02-2021 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:43 PM

Received 143 Likes on 107 Posts
N/A
See if you can find the hissing noise. It may just be a hose/block connection leak which I hear is common. (Easy fix)