Sponsored by:

Traction control off = Limp mode

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2022, 02:16 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
Traction control off = Limp mode

So I’ve noticed this weird issue with my car. Went out to do some rolls with a e85 mustang (completely trashed him) and when going to turn traction control completely off the car went into limp mode. I tried it 3 times and same thing. Stuck in second no supercharger.

I did have a 2-3 Shift solenoid short circuit and some speed sensor codes in the transmission but the conductor plate was literally just replaced and trans seems to shift fine besides bogging on shifts for some reasons.

I also do have a code for the bypass valve so maybe that could be the issue. (This is why I think the car is bogging on shifts) Any thoughts guys?
Old 02-07-2022, 02:19 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 E55 AMG
These are the codes, I feel like the speed sensor code and slipping code are from when I’ve floored it when the transmission isn’t warmed up enough causing it to slip and go into limp mode or the speed sensor code is from when I rev it in neutral driving and kick it back into drive and instead of going to drive car stays in neutral and I have to restart the car. Unsure what the 2-3 short circuit is though.

Last edited by chaseb9; 02-07-2022 at 02:26 AM.