Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wall mart steering wheel cover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 02:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wall mart steering wheel cover

in trying to get an idea about the desireability of a larger diameter steering wheel, I got a wall mart cover which is rubberized and has areas of nubbins, or bumps, at the three to eleven,one to three and four to seven o'clock areas.
It seems very much to make the steering easier when grasping the nubbin area, than when grasping the plain rubber inbetween. there is , I think, just greater traction, so that less force needs to be used to turn the wheel. When I hold on to the plain area, it feels like the original steering wheel.
some definite amount of force, when holding the original wheel, is needed to grasp the wheel, in addition to pulling it. So, the area with greater traction with the bumps
just allows some of that force which would be involved with grasping the wheel, to be used for pulling.,
No question about the tackiness and lack of class, but it's sort of more fun.
Going to pep boys to look for upscale covers.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 CLS55 AMG
I dont think your going to find a very "upscale" cover at Pep-Boys. I am sure there are better places to get nicer covers than Wall-Mart and Pep-Boys. Try a search on Yahoo or something, unless you are happy with a Pep Boys cover.