Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG what does it stand for?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
04 CL55 (sold), 2012 CLS550 (sold), 2014 S550 (sold), 2015 ES300H (DAILY)
Originally Posted by Vic55
Nice job editing before you got beat up- your original thread was pretty pathetic in itself (I could post your rude comments to multiple members (RedBullJnky, AKnight55, AMG_RL, and Ag02m5 ) here but I wont)... Toadster started a repeat thread yesterday and another moderator merged that thread with this one. Toadster please relax- yes you need to.

I love how members always assume things without the facts. Maybe there should have been moderator post to inform that he merged Toadsters thread to this but its not required.
LMAO was that supposed to be some kind of threat? Please do, I could honestly care less. The only thing pathetic here is the IHateToadster fan group that is constantly bashing every thread he replies in. If you guys hate him so much, why not simply ban him? Give out a couple infractions? Warnings? Instead, you guys sit here and complain about it for DAYS on end.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by danlnyc
LMAO was that supposed to be some kind of threat? Please do, I could honestly care less. The only thing pathetic here is the IHateToadster fan group that is constantly bashing every thread he replies in. If you guys hate him so much, why not simply ban him? Give out a couple infractions? Warnings? Instead, you guys sit here and complain about it for DAYS on end.
I would agree if I had done anything (lately) requiring an infraction - but yes, I've had a couple. I've also had my PM box almost fill up from support from other members who don't want to go against the barrage/insults in the forums publicly.

first I was proclaimed a tire-kicker for not having an E55, but I was 'real' and got one
next I was called a clown for whatever reason...
now many just think what I post is annoying but I'm just being enthusiastic - how many of you remember your first two months of ownership?

I'm not condoning anything wrong, or out of line IMHO and I haven't taken anything personal or called anyone out. I've been a moderator on several forums and I understand it's a tough job - no pay, no love, just a big stick - and even though you like a guy - you get tired of the PMs, and other members complaining so you start infracting, banning, etc...

rules on MBWorld relate to this https://mbworld.org/forums/faq.php?f...q_new_faq_item and that's about it, everything else is based on personal judgement, and the Mods here seem to be pretty consistent (which is good).

There are tons of old threads on here that just died a slow painful death, and the OP never came back...Why does every thread I post into become a 3 ring circus? If you wan't to participate, no one is forcing you to contribute - right?

I have no problem with any of you guys/gals to be totally honest - and I'm not sorry to say I like my car. Love it or leave it.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
You are not privy to the discussions and infractions that are given to members (nor should you be) or to Toadster directly for that matter. Toadster doesnt necessarily violate the TOU of this forum but he sure does clutter it up with useless posts. But I dont hate him- I dont know even know him but his body of work (or lack of it) here does create more work for us the mods. Walk a mile in our shoes before you judge or speculate.
Old 03-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 AMG, 72' Toyota Carina, 63' Ford F100, 72' Mercedes 250c, 15' Harley Davidson Softail
Originally Posted by Vic55
Toadster started a repeat thread yesterday and another moderator merged that thread with this one. Toadster please relax- yes you need to.
This.

Look I really don't mean to offend anyone here, talking trash over the internet is lame to begin with. I've never even said anything till now about Toadster's antics but honestly it gets a little annoying, not hating but seriously bro you need to chill. If I've offended anyone I do apologize.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 W211 E55K, GL550
All this to tell us what AMG ment. This is so stupid and im a bigger moron for even wasting my time typing anything on here.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bnzuovr
All this to tell us what AMG ment. This is so stupid and im a bigger moron for even wasting my time typing anything on here.
I concur, was meant to be a lighthearted post and poke some dry humor toward the M crowd - oh well...
Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+does+AMG+stand+for%3F
Old 03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55
Toad, people wake in the morning filled with expectations. When they open the fridge they expect to find food or maybe some milk to add to their coffee and this makes people comfortable. When the same people come on Mbworld and they see a thread from Toadster, they expect to find something to bash you with. Expect people to be people and don't take it to heart.

What may seem important to you may be lost on others. Your wet behind the ears in terms of time spent here, hopefully you'll learn. Put your big boys pants on and post some more threads of hot babes if you want to get along with the other children in the sandbox. Remember, no exposed nipples or vaginas...post away!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55 AMG
Oh, now I understand... All Men Gawk

Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55
Why this topic is back to w211?! It moved to off-topic earlier today
Old 03-09-2012, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 E55

are you mentally challenged or just fooling around? 99% of us give no sh_t about toadster, just his idiot posts and bringing thread from 8 years ago don't make us happy. It is open forum, banning is not an option, just removing or deleting his posts because he doesn't follow the rules. we don't complain, this forum would be better without toadster, thats a fact!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Wow what a useless thread. Waste of time.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Its time to close this one...

A few words though:

This forum is by the members for the members- not one is above another but there are some that definitely push the majority of the other's buttons.

I look at this like the "fruits of the poisonous tree" approach. The tree causes some undesired responses so IMHO we need to control the tree. For those who actually get mad at the negative responses at Toadster (aka danlnyc), maybe you need to understand that these responses would not occur if there wasnt the constant piling of threads and posts that are not valuable. Dont get me wrong, we all post things that are not always factual towards this forum but we have some/one who tend to exceed their daily allowance. Its allowable but in moderation.

I love when I see "if you dont like it dont read it". Thats a bunch of crap. The OP who starts the crap creates the followup crap. We just need to reduce the amount of worthless threads which will lead to less negative posts. They will never 100% go away and they verge on a fine line on whether or not they violate the TOU. Lets just not bury the forums with these threads.

Last edited by Vic55; 03-10-2012 at 12:42 PM.