W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

M5 video VS E55 video

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.

Old 10-02-2004, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by E55JAY
Why dont you discuss this on PM since the board nor I cares?
Well, it does affect my reputation, so I care. In business I am in, reputation is everything. I shall wait for his reply.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C55AMG W203; 330i E90
believe or not , plenty of torque at 4th gear
Old 10-02-2004, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by cntlaw
believe or not , plenty of torque at 4th gear

Look to me you no backing whatsoever in your comment bout I was lying. So please, do yourself a favour by shut the fxxk up and forever keep your peace.

My company not only let me drive their E320 but also paying for my housing and other expenditures for sending me back from Canada to Hong Kong. And yes, as long as I get my job done, I can be online posting posts all day long. And does that has anything to do with you?
Old 10-02-2004, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Jay
I still think W210 is a legend.
cnt
Old 10-02-2004, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by W210
From reading most of the posts you have written about your proclaimed interest in MB and other cars in general, I cannot recall reading any positive experience you have shared, expect being forced to drive a W211 provided by the company.

W210
I must agree with what you said. I fully support your points.
All the information he provided to this forum are spam and nonsense.
I searched his posts, he did not even response to any of other threads in this forum. Once he found a thread with listeners, he draged on and on and on. Never ever wanted to stop. Does he have a life?
You are right, nothing positve from him
cnt
Old 10-02-2004, 02:20 PM

W210
I searched his posts, he did not even response to any of other threads in this forum. Once he found a thread with listeners, he draged on and on and on. Never ever wanted to stop. Does he have a life?
cnt
O come on, can't you stand on your own feet? instead of agreeing, supporting others posts, can't you stand on your own feet?

And you have 300+ posts where I am have less than 50, looks to me you are the way should worry about your own life first?
Old 10-02-2004, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Jay
he's yelling again, I know
he has no choice because he works for a nasty company gives him a Mercedes Benz.
he could not choose a car he wanted. it is all so sad,
he is crying every night because his company did not give him the M5 E60.
Oh no, would he kill himself, or at least to see a doctor something
Let's help him out.

cnt
Old 10-02-2004, 02:32 PM

Jay
he's yelling again, I know
he has no choice because he works for a nasty company gives him a Mercedes Benz.
he could not choose a car he wanted. it is all so sad,
he is crying every night because his company did not give him the M5 E60.
Oh no, would he kill himself, or at least to see a doctor something
Let's help him out.

cnt
Now this is funny! you are making a fool of yourself! Thank you! No more posts from me on this thread!
Old 10-02-2004, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Belmondo
Its not off topic, hte video speaks for itself in case of E55.
Whatever stories willbe written of M5 being a new car as it was when E55 came out, looks like M5 will be a good conversation topic with high rpm engine and buggy SMG for a while but when M5 will run into this e55 guess what, there will be nothing to write about about it.

All the F1 bs about M5 engine can be summed up by this review:
"This engine is worthy of further comment, partly to debunk a bit of marketing whimsy, but mainly to say just how good it is. The marketing-speak is that it has significant strands of Formula One technology in its genes, but with the exception of having the same 90-degree configuration, bedplate construction for bottom-end strength and a hugely powerful management system, that's all window dressing, and the real engineers know it. Nevertheless, they can be proud of it as a road car engine because beyond power it has character, and that's something every M5 needs."

In a year or so BMW will have competitor to the E55 but will it beat it, I dont think so. Untill than lots of hot air will be pushed around.

the bliss of ignorance

autocar
topgear

only two independent comparisons i've read, both rate M5 over E55 in straight line performance, both comment on even bigger margin on so called laterial performance, ie agility

it's not rocket - power to weight - classic sports car benchmark

jonboy
Old 10-02-2004, 07:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by reggid
you mustn't have downloaded the whole thing
I actually only watched it streaming until now. I just saved it and viewed it. Guess what? The streaming video cut out the last few seconds. But I am still not blind. Just too lazy to save videos.
Old 10-02-2004, 08:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
cntlaw

W210
cnt
Thanks cntlaw, I thought I'm bad spending so much time here sharing my car passion with other enthusiasts. But apparently, I'm still relatively healthy.

If you ever catch me going to BMW, Lexus, Acura, Saab, Volvo, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, Infiniti, Cadillac communities to 'enlighten' and 'educate' others on the virtues of Mercedes, please shoot me.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C55AMG W203; 330i E90
Originally Posted by W210
Thanks cntlaw, I thought I'm bad spending so much time here sharing my car passion with other enthusiasts. But apparently, I'm still relatively healthy.

If you ever catch me going to BMW, Lexus, Acura, Saab, Volvo, Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, Infiniti, Cadillac communities to 'enlighten' and 'educate' others on the virtues of Mercedes, please shoot me.
He wasted a lot of ppl time here and did not give any respects about owners experience. He should not come back here.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:53 AM

Turbo
This is pathetic.. I've never seen a forum that I've become so frustrated by other peoples posts than this one.

But it's only a few people who fuxx things up so I feel really sorry for the rest of the members here.

I completly agree with MikeHK. I was too coming here to learn more about the mainly the SL and E55 but every other post is about 1/4, road kills and how the mercs will smoke the bmw's. Or how one should mod the mercs to really smoke the bmw's....

There's even posts on other carforums about how "childish" this forum is and that's really, really bad. Especially for the people who run this forum and for the members that know's how to act properly..

After this post I'm going to have my membership on this site removed.

I doubt you will miss me because I like BMW's as well as AMG's... but that's not good enough for some people on this board apparently....
Old 10-03-2004, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by Zlaatan
But it's only a few people who fuxx things up so I feel really sorry for the rest of the members here.
No need to feel sorry, perhaps most of us are happy to see this madness coming to an end. Thanks for your announcement but let's allow this thread to come to an end and move on!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:53 PM
Almost a Member!

Hello

Originally Posted by E55JAY
Do yourselves a favor...although innacurate use your media player to time both cars acceleration to about 270KMH...I started at about 200KMH and timed both to 270 KMH...tell me what you guys come up with and which you think is faster..now that we seem to have somewhat interesting data to work with, no more bench racing we have some good data here....hehehehe

Jason

http://myweb.hinet.net/home7/annyson/308KM.mpg
http://home.planet.nl/~sjaro/BMW_e60M5_0-270.wmv
all hi ^^ i am annyson ....E55 is nice car i think so.....
Old 10-06-2004, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by annyson
all hi ^^ i am annyson ....E55 is nice car i think so.....

Hi, can your E55 do more than 308km/h?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:06 PM

This thread is absolutely useless. You can't make a definitive assertion as to which car is faster based on two completely seperate videos. Why can't you just enjoy the attributes of two great cars and keep the discussion moving in a positive direction. Furthermore, Belmondo is an absolute imbecile. I refuse to believe someone with the verbal abilities of a 12 year old and the reasoning skills of 6 year old would be in a financial position to even consider owning a car like an E55. Your making an *** out of yourself, and denigrating this board, as well as the E55 you seem to be so childishly attached to. Go to the M5 boards and see how grownups engage in discussion.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:30 PM

Been there here is one of you from BMW board having a tantrum over review of M5 vs E55 that is not to his liking...........

"There are two threads to this article, Tom focusing on the car's appeal, technology, driving pleasure and Paul Horrell given the responsibility
of comparison with E55.

Paul does "not" state the E55 is more responsive than E60 M5 but does say "its a draw" on the engine front which is complete and utter BS.

The M5 has direct and instant connection i.e longitudinal agility where the E55 is sloppy, ok sure it has a high torque at low revs but E55 is
another example of pure flat line speed where M5 is a complete drivers package. E55 won't keep up and when I get my car de-restricted the
first thing I'm going to do is **** over the nearest E55 for satisfaction levels.

Mercedes badge all their product lines with AMG models - M division only do cars that can truly be called sporty, "I quote"

Tom hated the 5 series at launch and I think its embedded in his genetic structure to hate the M5 which compels him to say "he don't want one".

I've seen the E60 M5, I've heard it, it looks and sounds awesome. F1 it is.

Tom in my opinion should be sidelined to the vault of emphatic fools, at least Paul says he's "blown away by this one"

I have more respect for the lady from the Sun paper. Bring back Tiff Needle from Top Gear.
Ghufran is offline Reply With Quote"

This board would have been fine were it not for clowns like you who register here just to post their BS.

Last edited by Belmondo; 10-06-2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 09:40 PM

Hey I like the E55, and I enjoy learning about all kinds of different vehicles. That last post, aside from not being even half as stupid as the utter drivel you post, is an anomaly on that board. Your hatred for the M5 defies logic. Whats so detestable about futuristic technology?
Old 10-06-2004, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
new balance
Moderators...Why is this thread still open, please close!!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 09:42 PM

Old 10-06-2004, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by Erratic
Hey I like the E55, and I enjoy learning about all kinds of different vehicles. That last post, aside from not being even half as stupid as the utter drivel you post, is an anomaly on that board. Your hatred for the M5 defies logic. Whats so detestable about futuristic technology?
Your thinking is erratic. M5 "hatred" is loony as is all hte BS about it that "imbeciles" like you from BMW board bring to this forum . YOu are clueless.

"Whats so detestable about futuristic technology?" Not technology only the BS that clowns like you generate about it.

Last edited by Belmondo; 10-06-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Thumbs up

Sure...I believe that I will provide a video about 325km/hr of E55 next week.
In addition, the channel of Discovery will show this video on the screen in the middle of this month, October. Coming soon! The content of this video is about a professional interview of this super car "E55" in Taiwan. Of course, we are glad to expect your coming for our club. GPRS Club
Old 10-07-2004, 12:47 PM
Almost a Member!

next mabye can up to 520RWHP ...pls let me do it ^^ bcoz ..... hehhehe
Old 10-07-2004, 01:26 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Erratic
This thread is absolutely useless. You can't make a definitive assertion as to which car is faster based on two completely seperate videos. Why can't you just enjoy the attributes of two great cars and keep the discussion moving in a positive direction. Furthermore, Belmondo is an absolute imbecile. I refuse to believe someone with the verbal abilities of a 12 year old and the reasoning skills of 6 year old would be in a financial position to even consider owning a car like an E55. Your making an *** out of yourself, and denigrating this board, as well as the E55 you seem to be so childishly attached to. Go to the M5 boards and see how grownups engage in discussion.
if u can't believe maby u can try !!