Used the SBC warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2022, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 977 Likes on 760 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Used the SBC warranty

Grateful for the 25-year extended warranty on the SBC. White "Brakes" message on instrument cluster; Xentry indicated C2131 code and faulty pre-tensioning pressure reservoir (64 Bar versus recommended 72-102 Bar). Took car to dealer and three days later back in my happy hands and working well with zero cost.

One issue while dropping off and picking up my car was I spent time in the showroom and there was a beautiful C63s Bi-Turbo convertible...I'm looking at it and thinking, "I can afford that". Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

Humorous stuff: the techs did not disconnect power to my dash cam with audio recording. So...the key was in position 2 most of the time and the dash cam was recording the entire time. I watched the video and listened to the audio. Apparently a first-time SBC job for the junior tech and it took him approximately six hours to confirm the issue, R/R the pressure reservoir, clear codes, and test drive. The junior tech was not familiar with SBC so a more experienced tech stepped in and assisted for an hour or so explaining the ins and outs of the SBC system and walking the junior tech through the activation and testing procedures (I was impressed with the older tech's knowledge). Expensive labor so I'm very happy it was covered by warranty. Anyway, I was interested in the test drive portion of the recording wondering if the tech was going to "romp" on the throttle at some point to see how an E55 AMG accelerates. I won't give you any details but I will say at one point while he was driving on the way back to the shop I smiled bigly watching the video. And he did it safely. The guy did a great job so he deserved a bit of fun. I am pleased with the dealer's work and I'm still thinking about that C63s...

Watching the video and listening to the audio I also discovered the folks washing my car really, really liked the Bad Company CD I had in the audio system...

Last edited by bbirdwell; 04-16-2022 at 12:12 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by bbirdwell:
GinDistiller (04-16-2022), mbmg (04-16-2022), RobE55 (04-17-2022), sexyxe (06-20-2022), Solo wing (04-16-2022)
Old 04-16-2022, 10:17 PM

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts
N/A
Sat at a bar next to Paul Rodgers for about an hour when I was 17. I was working at a restaurant and Bad Company came in. Busboy said Bad Co. just walked in I said "sure they did"... They did. Place was almost empty so I walked up front and sat next to Paul. He was the only one at the bar. Owner was cool and let me sit next to Paul while he shucked oysters for both of us. Paul asked if I had the night off the following day and I said no. He then asked the owner if I could, owner said sure. BS passes. I also walked over and talked to the Boz, Simon and Mick. I was listening to Desolation Angels today matter of fact.

Last edited by Fountain35; 04-16-2022 at 10:24 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bbirdwell (04-16-2022)
Old 04-22-2022, 08:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
Would you be willing to upload the recording (the portion where the Sr. Tech educates the Jr. Tech)?

Read a bit about the SBC and always looking to learn more.