Sponsored by:

E55 AMG Max Wheel Sizes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2022, 01:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
E55 AMG Max Wheel Sizes

Hey Guys I thought id add some info. I had trouble finding the max wheel sizes I could fit on my E55 so ill share what I got. I bought a set of 19X8.5 and 19X9.5 SL63 AMG wheels front has 30 offset rear has 31 offset. on the front I put 255/35/19 and in the rear I did 295/30/19 all Falken 510s. I have slight rubbing on the inner plastic in the back and front. I dont think it will wear a hole in it but I could be wrong. Other than that the fronts dont rub at all at full lock. The rears rubbing slightly on the inner part of the upper fender only on bumps. I imagine a mild rolling would get rid of that issue. Right now there is minor tire wear form where it was hitting doesn't seem major. The rears measure out to be about 11.6in wide (per tire calculator), this seems to me to be the widest you can go with a stock set up like mine. If someone can tell me how to upload pics id be happy to upon request. let me know if you have any questions.
The following users liked this post:
CQHall (06-17-2022)
Old 06-17-2022, 09:31 AM

Received 239 Likes on 200 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by Bmax28
Hey Guys I thought id add some info. I had trouble finding the max wheel sizes I could fit on my E55 so ill share what I got. I bought a set of 19X8.5 and 19X9.5 SL63 AMG wheels front has 30 offset rear has 31 offset. on the front I put 255/35/19 and in the rear I did 295/30/19 all Falken 510s. I have slight rubbing on the inner plastic in the back and front. I dont think it will wear a hole in it but I could be wrong. Other than that the fronts dont rub at all at full lock. The rears rubbing slightly on the inner part of the upper fender only on bumps. I imagine a mild rolling would get rid of that issue. Right now there is minor tire wear form where it was hitting doesn't seem major. The rears measure out to be about 11.6in wide (per tire calculator), this seems to me to be the widest you can go with a stock set up like mine. If someone can tell me how to upload pics id be happy to upon request. let me know if you have any questions.
Is there enough clearance to move the rear wheels out 3mm and not come in contact of the outer fender/wheel well? Same question for the front. If so, a simple 3mm spacer will effectively reduce the offset by that amount and put the front wheels at 27mm offset and the rear wheels at 28mm. H&R has many different spacers from 3mm and up. Tires rubbing is not good.
Old 06-17-2022, 12:28 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by machild
Is there enough clearance to move the rear wheels out 3mm and not come in contact of the outer fender/wheel well? Same question for the front. If so, a simple 3mm spacer will effectively reduce the offset by that amount and put the front wheels at 27mm offset and the rear wheels at 28mm. H&R has many different spacers from 3mm and up. Tires rubbing is not good.
No the tires cannot come out any more. Most of the rubbing is on the outside painted fender. It’s on the interior rolled part so it’s rubbing on the outermost part of the side wall of the tire. There isn’t any rubbing on the inside plastic fenders. The tires would have to be tucked under the car more to avoid rubbing. But it only rubs over bumps so it’s not a huge deal right?
Old 06-17-2022, 01:06 PM

Received 160 Likes on 98 Posts
W211 E220, W211 E55, W219 CLS 500
Depends on how you drive. Personally i put my car on a lift and then placed two old wheels under the front right wheel and rear left wheel of my car and then lowered the lift and car on the two wheels completely, so the front right and rear left spring would be fully compressed. I then checked clearance of my wheels while steering fully left and right. I can safely say nothing is rubbing on mine now. I have 9.5 wheels on the rear with 35 offset and 275 tires on 19", but it's very close to the inner fender with about 2mm clearance.
Old 06-17-2022, 01:06 PM

Received 239 Likes on 200 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by Bmax28
No the tires cannot come out any more. Most of the rubbing is on the outside painted fender. It’s on the interior rolled part so it’s rubbing on the outermost part of the side wall of the tire. There isn’t any rubbing on the inside plastic fenders. The tires would have to be tucked under the car more to avoid rubbing. But it only rubs over bumps so it’s not a huge deal right?
Sorry, I understood the issues to be there was too much offset, but what you need is a bit more offset.Tire rubbing would not be acceptable to me.