W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

2003 E55 Superseded/Upgrade Fuel Pump Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-03-2022 | 02:32 AM

Mercedes E55
2003 E55 Superseded/Upgrade Fuel Pump Kit

Hi, I have a W211 2003 E55 AMG. Production 04/2003 (early).
Currently has the original fuel pump and fuel sender/filter assembly.

I've bought the latest superseded/upgrade kit from Mercedes which they told me was applicable for my VIN and is quite extensive. I'm in the process of installing it all.
It is the full kit which comprises of the following,
-Fuel PUMP Module A2114700000
-Wiring Harness A2115400700
-Sender/Filter Module A2114706494
-Wiring Harness A2114405508
-Brackets/Cable Ties/Grommets etc etc

I found the installation instructions on WIS which actually has a section for this upgrade and looks to be straight forward enough, but on WIS, despite my car being a 2003, the instructions are specifically designated for a 2005 (CODE 805).
So this brings about a few queries.

1. Can an early 2003 spec E55 be upgraded with this latest kit?
My original sender/filter unit is A0009828023. This only has 1 electrical connector on it. 5 PIN.
The new one as part of the extensive upgrade kit (A2114706494), has 2 connectors. One 5 PIN and one 3 PIN. From what I can gather, the additional 3 PIN connector was found on the later models and this is for the revised sender? The 2003 never had this, so I do not have a plug to plug into it.
Do I need another wiring harness to install and wire into the factory system to upgrade to the later model fuel sender setup, or do I just not connect anything to it and just connect my original 5 PIN connector to it and leave the 3PIN one open?
2. On WIS it says to perform an Engine ECU software update once this kit has been installed. Is this necessary? Or is this just to update the car information so it's listed as having the upgrade if someone checks through Xentry/vehicle codes. Or does it actually enable the ECU to work with the new upgrades more efficiantly? If so, can the vehicle be safely driven to the dealership which I will then get to carry out the software update? Or ideally the engine should not be run until the software update has been carried out so I must get the car towed to the dealership after installing this kit?

Has anyone upgraded an early 2003 with this kit? Maybe even a step by step walkthrough?

Much appreciated!
Old 09-03-2022 | 05:02 AM
SPONSOR

WWW.BENZNINJA.COM
Originally Posted by Cooker48
Hi, I have a W211 2003 E55 AMG. Production 04/2003 (early).
Currently has the original fuel pump and fuel sender/filter assembly.

I've bought the latest superseded/upgrade kit from Mercedes which they told me was applicable for my VIN and is quite extensive. I'm in the process of installing it all.
It is the full kit which comprises of the following,
-Fuel PUMP Module A2114700000
-Wiring Harness A2115400700
-Sender/Filter Module A2114706494
-Wiring Harness A2114405508
-Brackets/Cable Ties/Grommets etc etc

I found the installation instructions on WIS which actually has a section for this upgrade and looks to be straight forward enough, but on WIS, despite my car being a 2003, the instructions are specifically designated for a 2005 (CODE 805).
So this brings about a few queries.

1. Can an early 2003 spec E55 be upgraded with this latest kit?
My original sender/filter unit is A0009828023. This only has 1 electrical connector on it. 5 PIN.
The new one as part of the extensive upgrade kit (A2114706494), has 2 connectors. One 5 PIN and one 3 PIN. From what I can gather, the additional 3 PIN connector was found on the later models and this is for the revised sender? The 2003 never had this, so I do not have a plug to plug into it.
Do I need another wiring harness to install and wire into the factory system to upgrade to the later model fuel sender setup, or do I just not connect anything to it and just connect my original 5 PIN connector to it and leave the 3PIN one open?
2. On WIS it says to perform an Engine ECU software update once this kit has been installed. Is this necessary? Or is this just to update the car information so it's listed as having the upgrade if someone checks through Xentry/vehicle codes. Or does it actually enable the ECU to work with the new upgrades more efficiantly? If so, can the vehicle be safely driven to the dealership which I will then get to carry out the software update? Or ideally the engine should not be run until the software update has been carried out so I must get the car towed to the dealership after installing this kit?

Has anyone upgraded an early 2003 with this kit? Maybe even a step by step walkthrough?

Much appreciated!
will be cheaper if I do for you
just msg me on my website contact form
Old 09-04-2022 | 03:09 AM

W211 E220, W211 E55, W219 CLS 500
Can you post a picture of your wires and pumps? The part numbers look correct so far
Old 09-04-2022 | 05:00 AM

Mercedes E55
Originally Posted by UncleBenz55
Can you post a picture of your wires and pumps? The part numbers look correct so far
After thinking about it, I think I just don't connect anything to the extra 3 pin connector on the new revised sender unit. This is for the newer W211's and mine being a 2003 does not support this, so nothing to connect. This kit was ordered from my supplied VIN number. I'm pretty sure this upgrade kit covers all W211's that do not have this upgrade already wether they have the 3PIN connector or not.
I will proceed with installing the kit and then get the engine ECU software updated. As far as pics go, I dont know how to upload, but just google the part numbers and you will see what I'm talking about.
Old 09-04-2022 | 06:02 AM

W211 E220, W211 E55, W219 CLS 500
Oh wait I misread. The 3 pin connector is probably for the tank pressure sensor. Only models with Code USA have that iirc. My 2005 Japan model doesn't have it connected as well.

Once you have the wires connected, you shouldn't drive the car until you have the updated motor software, otherwise your second fuel pump relay might not get engaged and you'll be running lean on only one pump. With the new software the second pin for the fuel pump on the engine ecu gets unlocked.

The new wiring goes from trunk to front Sam in the engine bay, so you need to dismantle a bit in the interior.
Old 09-04-2022 | 06:55 AM

Mercedes E55
Originally Posted by UncleBenz55
Oh wait I misread. The 3 pin connector is probably for the tank pressure sensor. Only models with Code USA have that iirc. My 2005 Japan model doesn't have it connected as well.

Once you have the wires connected, you shouldn't drive the car until you have the updated motor software, otherwise your second fuel pump relay might not get engaged and you'll be running lean on only one pump. With the new software the second pin for the fuel pump on the engine ecu gets unlocked.

The new wiring goes from trunk to front Sam in the engine bay, so you need to dismantle a bit in the interior.
Thanks!
Much appreciated. Yes I will get the software updated before starting the engine. Thanks again for confirming my thoughts.