Sponsored by:

Pano Roof Rear Sunshade Roller Blind Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-18-2022, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
Pano Roof Rear Sunshade Roller Blind Guide

Hello ALL.... 2009 e63 My right clip on the rear sunshade broke off. I was able to remove the old piece but now my rear sunshade is in the permanent OPEN position obviously. I have been able to find the part, super cheap BUT... OMG, how do I install the new guide into the track? I would prefer not to drop the entire headliner and I can't believe that this is the only way to install this piece. Has anyone else done this and if so, what do I need to do here?
Thank you !!!!!

Old 11-05-2022, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 E63 AMG
I have found out by inspecting things further that the new piece cannot be inserted from the front as there is no opening in the rail, so it either can go in through the back, which would certainly mean removing the headliner, or even worse, if the guide cable needs to be removed, the entire thing just becomes a headache. I sure wish that Mercedes had engineered a little groove in the rail so that a new piece could be inserted. What should be a one minute job to install a $5 dollar part becomes way harder than it needs to be. I am almost ready to drill a hole in the rail so that the hex bolt on the new piece can be inserted.

I am still open to input from anyone who can provide a good solution. At this point over 350 views and not a single word of advice. I can’t be the only one with this issue… thx.