Sponsored by:

CLS55 radio won’t turn on. Stuck on logo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-31-2022, 01:50 AM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
CLS55 radio won’t turn on. Stuck on logo

I’m having a very annoying problem with my CLS55. Yesterday, I was working on my car and I guess I left the driver door open too long and the battery got low. I started the engine and let it idle awhile to charge before it got too low to start.

I drove the car later last night, and the radio wouldn’t turn on. It would just stay on the MB logo screen for 20 seconds or so and I could hear noises coming from the radio, but nothing would happen and it would just shut back off. Is my radio bad or is it something worse? Kinda weird that this happened after the battery got low
Old 11-01-2022, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 969 Likes on 753 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Same thing happened to mine in the past and it required a hard reboot of the radio. You will have to search but there are two fuses that feed power to the radio system. Pull both fuses let it sit for a very short while then reinsert the fuses and it should come back on. You can also try the soft reboot which involves holding down the power button for if I remember correctly approximately 20 seconds. Again the latter is a soft reboot. Pulling the two fuses provides a hard reboot. There have been posts on this on this forum.
Old 11-01-2022, 07:34 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Same thing happened to mine in the past and it required a hard reboot of the radio. You will have to search but there are two fuses that feed power to the radio system. Pull both fuses let it sit for a very short while then reinsert the fuses and it should come back on. You can also try the soft reboot which involves holding down the power button for if I remember correctly approximately 20 seconds. Again the latter is a soft reboot. Pulling the two fuses provides a hard reboot. There have been posts on this on this forum.
Seems like my battery is actually draining over night. Haven’t tried the fuses yet but will soon