Sponsored by:

Headlight Control Module failure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 07:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400
Headlight Control Module failure

I have an issue on the driver-side headlight, both the low beam and turn signal light are not functioning. I've checked and replaced both bulbs, but still no dice. Another thing I'm getting is a message about the headlight adaption or dynamic function isn't working. Currently, I'm thinking it's a failed control module for the headlight, has anyone else run into this problem, or able to tell me what that module all controls?
Old 11-14-2022, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
2012 Volt - 2005 E55 - 2011 G55 - 2013 GL63
Originally Posted by Zelman
I have an issue on the driver-side headlight, both the low beam and turn signal light are not functioning. I've checked and replaced both bulbs, but still no dice. Another thing I'm getting is a message about the headlight adaption or dynamic function isn't working. Currently, I'm thinking it's a failed control module for the headlight, has anyone else run into this problem, or able to tell me what that module all controls?
swap the control unit for sure and if the issue remains likely the ****y wires inside have lost the insulation and are touching causing errors. Then you have 2 options 1. Open and repair wires. Do so gently as moving them more will make the fall further apart. 2. Rewire the all wires with new wires. Will need wire and way de-pin each and re-pin. 3. All new OE used headlights that have been tested but know they will fail again.
Old 11-14-2022, 06:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C400
Originally Posted by black06c230
swap the control unit for sure and if the issue remains likely the ****y wires inside have lost the insulation and are touching causing errors. Then you have 2 options 1. Open and repair wires. Do so gently as moving them more will make the fall further apart. 2. Rewire the all wires with new wires. Will need wire and way de-pin each and re-pin. 3. All new OE used headlights that have been tested but know they will fail again.
Appreciate it, at least I know the path to getting it fixed, and if I need to will just replace the headlights as they are still a bit cloudy even after restoring them.