P208F - Recirculating Air Flap Actuator Faulty - SC Wont Engage

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 08:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2005 E55 AMG
P208F - Recirculating Air Flap Actuator Faulty - SC Wont Engage

I have a 2005 E55.
Randomly the other day I lost my supercharger completely. No more boost and clutch doesn't seem to want to engage...
So I pulled out the handy icarsoft to read the BENZ codes and the ECM is throwing a code P208F: M16/7(Recirculating Air Flap Actuator) : FAULTY

After doing some reading it looks like it is probably the supercharger bypass valve causing the issue? I'm assuming it is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Does that sound like a reasonable assumption or should I be looking somewhere else?

I can't find the part number for it ANYWHERE. But I think I may have found it, I found a Bosch part 0280750467 which might be it?
Does anyone know the proper part number or where I can find a replacement valve?

Also, does anyone have any experience replacing this part? I'm assuming it will require removing the supercharger...
Is there any "while you're in there" maintenance I should perform?
Old 11-29-2022, 09:14 AM

Received 236 Likes on 197 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by OldPizza
I have a 2005 E55.
Randomly the other day I lost my supercharger completely. No more boost and clutch doesn't seem to want to engage...
So I pulled out the handy icarsoft to read the BENZ codes and the ECM is throwing a code P208F: M16/7(Recirculating Air Flap Actuator) : FAULTY

After doing some reading it looks like it is probably the supercharger bypass valve causing the issue? I'm assuming it is faulty and needs to be replaced.
Does that sound like a reasonable assumption or should I be looking somewhere else?

I can't find the part number for it ANYWHERE. But I think I may have found it, I found a Bosch part 0280750467 which might be it?
Does anyone know the proper part number or where I can find a replacement valve?

Also, does anyone have any experience replacing this part? I'm assuming it will require removing the supercharger...
Is there any "while you're in there" maintenance I should perform?
Part number 113 098 01 50. May check your wiring carefully as insulation deterioration is an issue. Parts of the wiring runs under the SC.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:03 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by machild
Part number 113 098 01 50. May check your wiring carefully as insulation deterioration is an issue. Parts of the wiring runs under the SC.
Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. The part says CLS55 but I don't think there is any difference between the CLS55 and E55 M113K setup right?
I had heard about that harness having issues, do you think it could be just the harness causing the issue? That sure would be lucky.
If I end up needing a new supercharger harness... Is that a small replaceable section or is it connected to the whole car wiring harness? Is there a part number for that piece?
Old 11-29-2022, 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 969 Likes on 753 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Start simple and remove the air filters and y-pipe and look down the throat of the throttle body to ensure something did not make it underneath the bypass flap. If anything is holding the bypass flap open then at that point it will no longer actuate and will throw a code.
Old 11-29-2022, 11:38 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by bbirdwell
Start simple and remove the air filters and y-pipe and look down the throat of the throttle body to ensure something did not make it underneath the bypass flap. If anything is holding the bypass flap open then at that point it will no longer actuate and will throw a code.
Good idea. I will absolutely start with that. I also have STAR so I think I may be able to try and manually actuate the flap via software too.
Old 11-29-2022, 12:19 PM

Received 236 Likes on 197 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it. The part says CLS55 but I don't think there is any difference between the CLS55 and E55 M113K setup right?
I had heard about that harness having issues, do you think it could be just the harness causing the issue? That sure would be lucky.
If I end up needing a new supercharger harness... Is that a small replaceable section or is it connected to the whole car wiring harness? Is there a part number for that piece?
I looked it up under the 211.076 designation. That bypass is used on most, if not all, M113K engine iterations. Not at all sure why it is only linked to the CLS55 model when you look it up online.
Old 11-29-2022, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 969 Likes on 753 Posts
'99 and '05 E55 AMG
Good idea. I will absolutely start with that. I also have STAR so I think I may be able to try and manually actuate the flap via software too.
Hopefully an easy fix for you. I once managed to get o-ring where the y-pipe attaches to throttle body dropped on top of the throttle plate. I hit full throttle the o-ring got sucked underneath the throttle plate where fortunately it got stuck. At that time the ESP light tripped on the instrument cluster, the engine would race up and down between 3,000 RPM and idle, and whenever I put it in gear the right rear wheel would spin then stop and then spin and stop as the brake grabbed it. Star showed a faulty throttle plate actuator. I pulled the o-ring out from under the throttle plate cleared codes and all was good. Let us know what you find please.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:21 AM

2005 E55 AMG
Update:
So the day after the last reply in this thread my supercharger just randomly started working again...
The code is gone and it is building boost without any issues... Wondering if maybe the valve was dirty and after a few starts it just "unstuck" itself?
Gotta love issues like this... lol