2007 E63 - Erratic Interior Blower Fan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2023, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63
2007 E63 - Erratic Interior Blower Fan

Hi Everyone,

I've had my 2007 E63 for 7 months now, and have done quite a bit of work/repairs/maintenance to it (big surprise, right? haha). Bought it with 85k miles.
After all the work, one thing that continues to be a problem is the erratic behavior from the interior blower fan.

When driving for a while, you won't even notice it's not blowing, until you realize it's getting a little stuffy in the car.
First thing you do is press some buttons --- fan speed up/down, auto/manual, turn the wheels directing the air, etc, and sometimes that works to get air blowing again, but most of the time it doesn't.

This was a problem from the beginning, so on the first round of repairs my mechanic replaced the blower motor and resistor. The problem prevailed. Then they changed the blower motor a 2nd time, and it was fine for a while, but now it's doing the exact same thing again.

What's weird is that it seems to be affected by car speed. When it's not working for a while, it'll come on for 2-3 seconds right as you're coming to a stop, AND/OR as you're accelerating away from a stop. Maybe 10mph either way. But then it immediately stops blowing again and continues to not work as you're driving.

Anyway, I'm planning on taking it to the mechanic again, but just wanted to see if anyone here might be able to point me in the right direction?

Thank you!