Sponsored by:

Star Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2023, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55 Amg
Star Help

I have been active in the VW, Audi, BMW, and aircooled Porsche scene for many years and am new to Mercedes. Been a lurker on MBWorld for a few years and used the info found the forum to help me purchased a 04 E55 a few months ago. I am finally ready to be part of the community. Been catching up all the maintenance and it is time to start the fun projects. Getting ready to split cooling and install xl and secondary heat exchangers. I am also installing a set of mbh long tube headers. Once those chores are done, I plan on doing 84mm pulley and tune. I have vagcom, but don't have Star yet. I am currently reaching out for some help to code out rear o2 sensors and sai.. I am in northeast Ohio. Thanks!

Last edited by WESTMOTORSPORTS; 03-15-2023 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:10 PM

Received 239 Likes on 200 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by WESTMOTORSPORTS
I have been active in the VW, Audi, BMW, and aircooled Porsche scene for many years and am new to Mercedes. Been a lurker on MBWorld for a few years and used the info found the forum to help me purchased a 04 E55 a few months ago. I am finally ready to be part of the community. Been catching up all the maintenance and it is time to start the fun projects. Getting ready to split cooling and install xl and secondary heat exchangers. I am also installing a set of mbh long tube headers. Once those chores are done, I plan on doing 84mm pulley and tune. I am currently reaching out for some help to code out rear o2 sensors and sai.. I am in northeast Ohio. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Here is what I have on deleting EGR, secondary air pump, and O2 sensor: In Star go to >Engine >Control Module ME 2.8 >Development data >Control unit adaptation >Variant coding >Implizite Codierung >0224 then to turn off these items:

EGR scroll down to 0176 and change Diagnose ein to Diagnose aus

Secondary Air Injection scroll down to 0178 and change Diagnose ein to Diagnose aus

Post Cat 02 sensors scroll down to 0182 and change Diagnose ein to Diagnose aus

Good luck.