Sponsored by:

Pre-Delivery Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2004, 09:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
04 E55
Pre-Delivery Questions

I am scheduled to take delivery of an 04 E55 in the next few days. The cars first owner took great detail in keeping this car in concours condition. It will come to me with less then 3500 miles, and I can't wait!

I have a few questions as to what "programable settings" that I need to be aware of prior to delivery that the dealer may have to change ie. DTRL on or off, lock doors at 7 mphs, etc. As well as the benefit of the cars Certifed Pre-Owned Status

The other questions that I have is regarding to the Keyless Go, I have heard differing reports that if the car is equipped with keyless go you lose the easy entry option; (where the seat goes all the way back and the wheel goes in and up when the doors are unlocked, or the engined is shut off) is this the case?

I have also learned that the previous owner had the front and rear K40 installed. I am a diehard V1 owner and I am trying to determine if the K40 would interfere with the V1?

I would love to hear of other comments about things that I should know prior to the big day.

Thanks for your time, I plan to be around these parts a good bit!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 E55
Originally Posted by Northernivy
The other questions that I have is regarding to the Keyless Go, I have heard differing reports that if the car is equipped with keyless go you lose the easy entry option; (where the seat goes all the way back and the wheel goes in and up when the doors are unlocked, or the engined is shut off) is this the case?
I can answer this question and the answer is no. You will not lose the easy entry option if you have Keyless Go. I have Keyless Go and my seat and steering wheel always move when I exit and move back to their memorized positions after I start the car.

You will love the car..... I know I do.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice car!

I believe that those options are progremmable from within the car by the driver. Hopfully someone that actually has the car can confirm/deny this.

PS Nice Audi's I owned a 2003 S6 and still have a 2002 AllRaod
Old 11-04-2004, 10:18 AM

04 E55
Thanks for the entry and drive answers....

I surely add a few pounds to the average weight of an E55 owner. Once you have one auto with the easy entry option, it is a must have on all others!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by t-bone
I can answer this question and the answer is no. You will not lose the easy entry option if you have Keyless Go. I have Keyless Go and my seat and steering wheel always move when I exit and move back to their memorized positions after I start the car.

You will love the car..... I know I do.
T-bone...how do you initiate the easy entry option on the car? I've had the car for 2 months and I haven't gotten around to setting it...

Thx
Old 11-04-2004, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55 tectite grey/charcoal
The programmable settings are easily done by the driver using the owners manual-no need to take it to the dealer to change the options to your liking. The easy entry feature is also programmable by the driver using the steering wheel controls and the instrument panel display.