W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Forward most belly pan that meets front bumper - will regular E class part fit E55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2023 | 12:11 AM

2006 E55 AMG, 2018 Audi Q7, 2005 Porsche Boxster S, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 744HP 1965 Shelby Cobra
Forward most belly pan that meets front bumper - will regular E class part fit E55?

The front most belly pan segment piece, the one that tucks under the front bumper, got torn up on my 2006 E55 when I whacked a racoon while going pretty damned fast. A friend of a friend about a 3 hour drive away has one for a regular W211 E class car. Before I drive all the way out there to grab it, does anyone know offhand if it'll fit? I looked on eBay and the ones for sale seem to indicate same part number for E class and E55, but it's hard to tell, the ads are fairly vague.

Just out of curiosity, why are so many E55 parts over in Lithuania? There is three of these forward belly pan parts for sale on eBay. Each are with different sellers, but all three are in Lithuania. Many other E55 parts on eBay are also in Lithuania. I know it's not very important but I'm just curious as it's very odd.
Old 10-30-2023 | 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by Doug427
The front most belly pan segment piece, the one that tucks under the front bumper, got torn up on my 2006 E55 when I whacked a racoon while going pretty damned fast. A friend of a friend about a 3 hour drive away has one for a regular W211 E class car. Before I drive all the way out there to grab it, does anyone know offhand if it'll fit? I looked on eBay and the ones for sale seem to indicate same part number for E class and E55, but it's hard to tell, the ads are fairly vague.

Just out of curiosity, why are so many E55 parts over in Lithuania? There is three of these forward belly pan parts for sale on eBay. Each are with different sellers, but all three are in Lithuania. Many other E55 parts on eBay are also in Lithuania. I know it's not very important but I'm just curious as it's very odd.
Based on the parts catalog the front belly pan is only used on the E55. It may have to do with the opening for the air flow through the oil cooler that is mounted under the SC intercooler heat exchanger.