How much do you pay for your services..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 04:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something on 4 wheels..
How much do you pay for your services..

Hi,

I'm looking forward to my first E55 and since the mantainance isn't included anymore, I'm just wondering how expensive those services will be. I'm a moderate driver (I won't turn off ESP too often ), so how long should my first set of tires last? How much is an oil-service and how often is it required? How much is the first major service and when is it approax. due?

Would be great if someone could give me an idea! Thanks!
Old 11-07-2004, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
Hi,

I'm looking forward to my first E55 and since the mantainance isn't included anymore, I'm just wondering how expensive those services will be. I'm a moderate driver (I won't turn off ESP too often ), so how long should my first set of tires last? How much is an oil-service and how often is it required? How much is the first major service and when is it approax. due?

Would be great if someone could give me an idea! Thanks!
For someone getting a designo e55, I'm surprised you are this concerned with the cost of these maintenance items. Your services will likely be on a yearly basis, since I believe they suggest the service every 10k miles. First MAJOR service, Im not sure when that is..

These tires are horrible, so I suppose they might last longer than a better sticking tire. That being said, I would say plan for no more than 15k miles, and if you get any more, you're lucky.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by ThemisN
For someone getting a designo e55, I'm surprised you are this concerned with the cost of these maintenance items.

I'm getting a designo and I am curious. As a matter of fact I got every major option (missing side shades) possible and I am still curious. Not concerned mind you, but curious.

I don't think it is very fair to make judgments like that without first understanding the context in which he is asking. Now if he said "I only have $100 left every month after my car payment, I hope service isn't too costly" I'd understand your comment.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:31 AM

Something on 4 wheels..
Thanks, guys..

You're absolutely right! I would have asked this question even if I would be waiting for a fully loaded CL65 AMG. Just imagine going to your dealer for an oil-change and after that he is presenting you a bill over $1,000.00 and stating "You drive an AMG - money shouldn't be an issue..". I'd really like to see your face in that situation...

The reason I asked is simple - I don't like surprises at my dealership - especially not if it comes to bills. I simply want to know what I have to expect BEFORE making the final decision.

A service on a yearly basis is O.K. I'd definitely chose a different car if I had to bring it in every 3K miles and pay several hundred dollars for each servive. In that case, I'd switch to BMW...
Old 11-08-2004, 09:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 M5, 2004 X3 3.0i
Originally Posted by FloridaE55
You're absolutely right! I would have asked this question even if I would be waiting for a fully loaded CL65 AMG. Just imagine going to your dealer for an oil-change and after that he is presenting you a bill over $1,000.00 and stating "You drive an AMG - money shouldn't be an issue..". I'd really like to see your face in that situation...

The reason I asked is simple - I don't like surprises at my dealership - especially not if it comes to bills. I simply want to know what I have to expect BEFORE making the final decision.

A service on a yearly basis is O.K. I'd definitely chose a different car if I had to bring it in every 3K miles and pay several hundred dollars for each servive. In that case, I'd switch to BMW...
I totally understand, but the information about the regularity of the services isn't secret. It's available from any dealership, or even online. I assumed you knew the regularity, as I thought it was pretty readily available. I apologize as I wasn't trying to say you couldn't afford it, but I think most mercedes services are pretty standard. I know with my lexus, I regularly spent 400 on minor services, and closer to a grand for major ones. A service going over 1000 on the beast wouldn't the least bit surprise me.

BUt like you said, once a year, it's easy to deal with.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:16 PM

Something on 4 wheels..
You're right. I'm sure my dealer can tell me what I have to know and I'm sure his information will be reliable and accurate. Actually, there was no special reason for my thread, I was just curios.

There is absolutely no reason for you to apologize for any comments because due to what I wrote you could really assume that I was some kind of afraid of the maintenance-cost

Finding the right phrazes isn't that easy for me because my native language is German, so I'm still learning... :p