W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Would you Get a Designo with this more many choices ??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2004 | 01:40 AM
Almost a Member!

E500 2003
Would you Get a Designo with this more many choices ??

I think that one of the main reasons that you dont see many of the designo colors here in the states is that the choice IS SO LIMITED. I for one do not want a dark color (mocha or Graphite as offered on the current E class).
However, I would order a designo if they were offered with lighter color's. Go see all the colors that Euros get to choose from. http://www.mercedes-benz.it/vetture...e_e/default.htm Then click on the photo of the car, then the Designo button and then click 'configura la tua designo'. Presto! there you have pretty much any color you could dream of!

Does anyone know about importing a European version of the new CLS 55? Is there much to change to make it a US Spec and how would one go about it?

At least a person can get exactly the choices that europeans get. If someone were living in another country and moving to the US permanantly and wanted to bring their car with them, Mercedes would still have to honor their warranty just as if they would if say they were travelling around the rest of Europe vacationing in their car. If something needed fixing if it were to break (mechanical or interior wear) while travelling through another country, Mercedes warrants it at any dealer (I know this as I used to live in England and had warranty work done in Spain while travelling)..

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited by colinforte; 11-14-2004 at 03:10 AM.