Sponsored by:

non MB v60 question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2004, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 W211 E55
non MB v60 question

I have a non-MB V60 motorola, and was wondering if there was any way to use on w211, with command. No thanks to spending $1500 through dealer. I read under search engine where a member named Mik has a way to use any phone. (Mikbox.com) Has anyone used this? Not sure if it will work with w211? Also what is an UHI phone kit? Thanks for any information. (Kinda clueless on this type of technology.)
Old 11-21-2004, 04:52 AM

2005 E55 AMG
The site you reference says it will work with a number of models "except the W211 (2003 and later E-class), and the 2004 S and CL class".
Old 11-21-2004, 05:31 PM

2004 W211 E55
Any suggestions from anyone?
Old 11-21-2004, 09:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
I've gotten an older cingular v60 phone to integrate perfectly in my car, do a search, some people can get it to work, but I think its luck...who is your carrier? does your e-class have a cradle already???

Last edited by moa4r; 11-21-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2004, 11:27 PM

2004 W211 E55
Its an AT&T v60, the same exact model issued by MB, minus the huge surcharge. Oh yea, it doesnt say MB on front. No, I dont have the cradle. I was hoping it would be that simple. I have searched the forum and cant seem to get a clear answer. Maybe thats because its like you said, just luck. I thought by asking dealer, they would of course say, you have to buy everthing ($1500-1700) to get it working. BTW, does yous integrate perfectly with command, just by adding cradle. Please say yes!
Old 11-22-2004, 10:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
I bought the car used and it already had the cradle in it, but it did not come with a phone. Mine is 2003, so no command, but I tried several v60s and could only get the cingular one to work, and yes it integrated perfectly with the car and was quite nice. I don't use cingular, though, and don't want to switch, so it was just a one time thing, bit it was definately fully functional. I know other members of the board have gotten thier verizon phones to work also. My dealer told me it depends on what carrier your car is wired for (which may or may not be true) he also said only the mercedes phones work (Which we know is not true)... Other options would be the Mic-box (not sure about status of this, especially for W211) and the UHI from europe (universal handy interface) which is another way of integrating a phone w/the car...try doing a search on UHI for more info.
Old 11-22-2004, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 E500, 1998 Ferrari Spider
Originally Posted by Koster
I have a non-MB V60 motorola, and was wondering if there was any way to use on w211, with command. No thanks to spending $1500 through dealer. I read under search engine where a member named Mik has a way to use any phone. (Mikbox.com) Has anyone used this? Not sure if it will work with w211? Also what is an UHI phone kit? Thanks for any information. (Kinda clueless on this type of technology.)
Koster, I bought my 03 used and it already had the cradle in it. I just bought a v-60 from the dealer ($495), put it in the cradle and I was ready to go. Then I called Verizon and gave them the ESN on the back of the phone. It works just like it is supposed to (which quite frankly the outgoing handsfree clarity is not great). I can add the Voice Command for another $400.

On my car the module was already in the trunk (diver's side). Obsviously the microphone and speakers were already there. I would check to see if you have the module in the trunk. If you do then it sounds like you will need: 1) The cradle ($150), 2) An MB phone (it appears to bt hit and miss with a non-MB phone). The last I saw it was an older V-60 that happened to work in the car.

You are right, if you needed all of the parts (they come in kits from MB), then you will be in it for some coin. I spoke to the MB Service Manager on my car and he literally said "you will have to buy an MB phone and see if it powers up". WTF?? Luckily mine did. I was surprised that they could not just look at the car or type in the VIN to see what parts I needed.

I searched the forums prior to dropping 5 bills on an old antiquted phone. Some people complained of echoeing, and poor reception. Mine sounded as if I were under water, so I brought it to the dealer. They replaced my Voice Control Modelue (under warranty) and fixed a short to groung in the mic. $500 later I now sound as if I am in a long tunnel.

The jury is still out if I am going to drop another $450 for the voice command. That to me seems like throwing good money after bad.

Trending Topics

Old 11-22-2004, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by MB SF
On my car the module was already in the trunk (diver's side). Obsviously the microphone and speakers were already there. I would check to see if you have the module in the trunk.
The only added module is on the RIGHT side of the electronics tray in the trunk. And this module is not even necessary (mine is not connected into the system). So the only parts needed for a 2003-2004 US-spec W211 is the cradle, and a phone that works with the system (mine is an AT&T V60 and it does not work with the system).

-s-