W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2004, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Improviz....you crack me up lol

That "Big Chicken" is only about 20 minutes from my house....

Have a great TURKEY DAY!! lol
Old 11-24-2004, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by APK1013
Let me clarify my story real quick. A few months ago I came to a light with a guy in a CL55 that was on 20 inch rims. We talked to each other, and admired one another's car. The light turned great and I got one of the best launches of my life. I heard his tires spin and chirp, and then he got going. I pulled him down low then hit second. My tires then spun, and he came back up a little. He came back until he was almost at my door in the front of the car. We went through 3rd and we both backed off since it wasn't the best place for racing. He was shocked and he asked me what I had done to my car, and then we said bye to each other and drove away. I am just telling you guys exactly what happened.
With the Turbo, I never claimed to beat a Turbo. The guy with the turbo is a friend of mine. I pulled him slightly down low through second. He came back through third, and then ran away pretty good after one hundred. This happened three straight times. We went from a 20 roll.
I never said anything about the E55 or the SL55. If anyone with a stock CL55 wants to race me, I will definitely do it. I will also race a CLK55 or a C55 since both of these claim to beat M5's. I'm not here to create enemies with any of you. I just told you a story of what happened one day when I was driving around town. I respect AMG cars and think they are great cars as is the M5.
I don't take issue with your story...
I don't care if you made it up...

What sucks is the hideously immature way you handled yourself on the m5board.

“Only old people drive AMG’s….”

“We all talk **** over here…..”

We had a thread a week or so ago about avg age here, and it is low 30’s way lower than the 40 – 50 BMW claims for the M5. If you look at our sigs most of us have a bmw, vette, porsche, or other car for the twisties, so it’s not like we are of a singular brand.

The way you kept talking about your “boys” and their modded cars…

Fight your own battles, he called you and no one else a liar, he said your car couldn’t take a CL55, not that no BMW could. Somewhere in the world there’s an ’85 chevette modded to smoke us all, proves nothing.

For what it's worth, the story is actually plausible, great job on the kill, now grow up and learn to conduct yourself in a manner commiserate with the fine automobile your drive
Old 11-24-2004, 04:49 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by DRCrowder

We had a thread a week or so ago about avg age here, and it is low 30’s way lower than the 40 – 50 BMW claims for the M5. If you look at our sigs most of us have a bmw, vette, porsche, or other car for the twisties, so it’s not like we are of a singular brand.

Fight your own battles, he called you and no one else a liar, he said your car couldn’t take a CL55, not that no BMW could. Somewhere in the world there’s an ’85 chevette modded to smoke us all, proves nothing.

For what it's worth, the story is actually plausible, great job on the kill, now grow up and learn to conduct yourself in a manner commiserate with the fine automobile your drive
I did not mean to offend anyone. I never meant for this to become what it became. I said some stupid things because Improviz called me a liar, a troll, and a chicken. Others on this board called me a loser and a fool. I know what happened that day, and so does the guy in the CL55. I respect all of you and your great cars. I just couldn't help it after all these things were said about me.
Old 11-24-2004, 04:50 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
I did not mean to offend anyone. I never meant for this to become what it became. I said some stupid things because Improviz called me a liar, a troll, and a chicken. Others on this board called me a loser and a fool. I know what happened that day, and so does the guy in the CL55. I respect all of you and your great cars. I just couldn't help it after all these things were said about me.

fair enough, stuff happens bro.

take care
Old 11-24-2004, 05:04 PM

2003 BMW M5
fair enough, stuff happens bro.

take care
Thanks, have a great night!!
Old 11-24-2004, 05:18 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
apk1013 I live in Jupiter. Email me when you decide to go. No grudges or anger, just fun heads up racing.

To all board members- thanks for the support and fun read.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-24-2004, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,096 Likes on 883 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
I know what happened that day, and so does the guy in the CL55.
It must have been a 2002 CL55 with a naturally aspirated motor. A 2003 CL55 would not have even been a contest and a 20 mph roll would have made the contest even more of a laugh. The M5 would have a better 60' time but after the CL55 got going it would absolutely rape the M5. Heck even a blown M5 would have a very hard time beating a stock CL55. http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1
That supercharged M5 motor also blew a short time later: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42910
Old 11-24-2004, 05:59 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by BlownV8
It must have been a 2002 CL55 with a naturally aspirated motor. A 2003 CL55 would not have even been a contest and a 20 mph roll would have made the contest even more of a laugh. The M5 would have a better 60' time but after the CL55 got going it would absolutely rape the M5. Heck even a blown M5 would have a very hard time beating a stock CL55. http://www.caranddriver.com/article....&page_number=1
That supercharged M5 motor also blew a short time later: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42910
It was definitely a Kompressor.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,096 Likes on 883 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
If it was a 2003 or later CL55 he wasn't trying. The M5 doesn't have the gearing or torque to beat the car. Then again, I guess you've been told this over and over even on the M5 board. Go to the dragstrip and pull a 12.5 second 1/4 mile then come back and talk.
Old 11-24-2004, 06:09 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by BlownV8
If it was a 2003 or later CL55 he wasn't trying. The M5 doesn't have the gearing or torque to beat the car. Then again, I guess you've been told this over and over even on the M5 board. Go to the dragstrip and pull a 12.5 second 1/4 mile then come back and talk.
I will do my best!!!
Old 11-24-2004, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
BlownV8, this guy is a joke, and clearly a troll...

...either that, or he's the most idiotic driver I've ever seen. No matter what evidence gets presented, be it video, track tests, magazine tests, personal accounts, whatever, he just keeps acting as though he can hang.

I told him that this is basically the same thing as a 330ci driver claiming he'd hung with an M3 or an M5 until 110 mph, and he got all indignant, saying that a 330ci should not be mentioned in the same sentence as the M5, lol! Yet as I demonstrated to him here, the tested times between the 330ci and M5 are actually *closer* than the CL55 and M5!

In this same thread, I also provided him to the Car & Driver comparo of the E55 and M5, with quotes from the authors about how the E55 would simply leave the M5 behind. Again, to no avail.

It's just ridiculous.

But the main thing to keep in mind is that after talking sh*t for fifteen threads and accusing the AMG owners of not having the ***** to show up, when one did, he suddenly had other plans!

CHICKEN OUT!!! <= His homepage!!

Old 11-24-2004, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels

THANK YOU WELL SAID

improviz, don't sweat this man, you are putting too muche ffort into this. There will always be trolls around (not saying you are apk) don't wast your time with them.
Old 11-24-2004, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From your story, it's clear you aren't being truthful. The gearing of the latest CL55 will pull over the M5 through 3rd. Plus, the Electronic Stability Program on the CL would limit wheel spin to a degree that would make his launch just slightly slower then "the best one of your life". But lets put the odds in your favor: Say you get a quick launch, and (assuming the driver of the CL was an idiot) let's say that he lost about .90 off his 60' time because of his wheel spin and the lag from his ESP. He would still pull through first and second (even if you had good throws) and at LEAST be head to head with you by 60mph. From there, the CL pulls away. My guess is either you're full of **** and are about to be schooled by a real AMG, or the guy you raced was really in a CL500 badged CL55. But thats a different story...
Old 11-24-2004, 09:59 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Eleanor Owner
From your story, it's clear you aren't being truthful. The gearing of the latest CL55 will pull over the M5 through 3rd. Plus, the Electronic Stability Program on the CL would limit wheel spin to a degree that would make his launch just slightly slower then "the best one of your life". But lets put the odds in your favor: Say you get a quick launch, and (assuming the driver of the CL was an idiot) let's say that he lost about .90 off his 60' time because of his wheel spin and the lag from his ESP. He would still pull through first and second (even if you had good throws) and at LEAST be head to head with you by 60mph. From there, the CL pulls away. My guess is either you're full of **** and are about to be schooled by a real AMG, or the guy you raced was really in a CL500 badged CL55. But thats a different story...
I am done talking. Get me the three cars that claim to be faster than me, and I will race them all (C55, CLK55, and CL55). I will race them after the holiday sometime next week. I am sure there are a few guys with these cars who wants to have some fun with an M5.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
There you go, lying again:

I am done talking. Get me the three cars that claim to be faster than me, and I will race them all (C55, CLK55, and CL55). I will race them after the holiday sometime next week. I am sure there are a few guys with these cars who wants to have some fun with an M5.
"Claim to be faster than you", lol...(shakes head). So, answer this question, apk1013: are you disputing that a supercharged CL55 AMG is a faster car than an M5? Yes or no. Stop the evasion, stop the BS, and just answer.

And forum readers, note his evasion. Since nobody from the CL55 AMG forum has yet bothered to waste any time proving to this guy what can be proven by anyone who reads a car magazine, he's still zeroing on on *only* the CL55. Why? Because he can beat it? No. Because he thinks no one will accept his challenge, because no one has so far. If someone does, he'll back out of it, just like he backed out of running the E55 tonight.

Further, as I have pointed out to him four times now (i.e. he knows this, yet continues to lie about it): The challenge I originally made to apk1013, and the one which he accepted, clearly stated CL55, OR SL55, OR E55:
Originally Posted by Improviz_CLK55
...you'd be up for putting some cash on your claim. Is there a dragstrip nearby you you'd care to do some friendly runs against a supercharged CL55, SL55, or E55?

Do tell, because I've already posted an invite on the MB forum. Let's see you back it up, because I don't believe it.

Oh, and just for good measure, would you also care to extend the invitation to the Turbo Porsche forums as well? This should be good for a laugh.
AND, as I've pointed out to him on at least four occasions now, the E55, SL55, and CL55 are about the same weight, have the same motor, same gearing, same driveline. Finally, in this thread, I pointed out to him that Motor Trend tested the CL55 AMG and the E55 AMG, and the cars were 0.01 seconds apart in the 1/4 mile.

So, unless he's the most unintelligent person to ever have walked the face of the earth, he understands that if he can beat a CL55, then he can beat an SL55 or E55. We are not talking rocket science here, apk1310.

But by intentionally splitting hairs, he's trying to give the impression that he's still confident that he can beat the CL55--but oh, me, oh, my, he never, never, ever said he could beat an E55 or SL55.

So, he *can* beat the CL55 AMG, which runs a 12.4 1/4 mile...but he *can't* beat the E55 AMG---which runs a 12.4 second 1/4 mile. Just like he could beat a 911 Turbo from 20-100 mph, three times.

But oh, wait: he flip-flopped: first, he said he could beat the CL55, then he said he couldn't, and now he's acting like he can again...more waffles than a House of Pancakes!

This is so ridiculous and unbelievable as to defy all common sense and logic, but like a proverbial Energizer bunny of non sequiturs and false claims, he just keeps going, and going, and going...

Last edited by Improviz; 11-24-2004 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
And speaking of lying, how about this:

When he backed out of the race with SGC's E55 tonight, apk1013 claimed he "has to be somewhere" tonight, but he seems to have had plenty of time to post on the MBWorld forums:

Posted at 9:42 PM EST:

Posted at 9:59 PM EST:

Posted at 6:09 PM EST:
Old 11-25-2004, 12:05 AM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by Improviz
"Claim to be faster than you", lol...(shakes head). So, answer this question, apk1013: are you disputing that a supercharged CL55 AMG is a faster car than an M5? Yes or no. Stop the evasion, stop the BS, and just answer.

And forum readers, note his evasion. Since nobody from the CL55 AMG forum has yet bothered to waste any time proving to this guy what can be proven by anyone who reads a car magazine, he's still zeroing on on *only* the CL55. Why? Because he can beat it? No. Because he thinks no one will accept his challenge, because no one has so far. If someone does, he'll back out of it, just like he backed out of running the E55 tonight.

Further, as I have pointed out to him four times now (i.e. he knows this, yet continues to lie about it): The challenge I originally made to apk1013, and the one which he accepted, clearly stated CL55, OR SL55, OR E55:

AND, as I've pointed out to him on at least four occasions now, the E55, SL55, and CL55 are about the same weight, have the same motor, same gearing, same driveline. Finally, in this thread, I pointed out to him that Motor Trend tested the CL55 AMG and the E55 AMG, and the cars were 0.01 seconds apart in the 1/4 mile.

So, unless he's the most unintelligent person to ever have walked the face of the earth, he understands that if he can beat a CL55, then he can beat an SL55 or E55. We are not talking rocket science here, apk1310.

But by intentionally splitting hairs, he's trying to give the impression that he's still confident that he can beat the CL55--but oh, me, oh, my, he never, never, ever said he could beat an E55 or SL55.

So, he *can* beat the CL55 AMG, which runs a 12.4 1/4 mile...but he *can't* beat the E55 AMG---which runs a 12.4 second 1/4 mile. Just like he could beat a 911 Turbo from 20-100 mph, three times.

But oh, wait: he flip-flopped: first, he said he could beat the CL55, then he said he couldn't, and now he's acting like he can again...more waffles than a House of Pancakes!

This is so ridiculous and unbelievable as to defy all common sense and logic, but like a proverbial Energizer bunny of non sequiturs and false claims, he just keeps going, and going, and going...
Get a life!!! There is not one CL55 in the state that wants to have some fun. I see plenty of them around.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
04 E320 4 Matic, 95 Audi S6, 99 Carrera 4 Cabrio, 12 Fiat 500 Sport, 00 BMW R1200C 10, BMW R1200R
I grew up in Boca Raton, lived in Florida for a long time. I don't miss it, it is full of big words and no action. Why don't we just wait and see when APK1013 has time in his busy schedule to actually prove something.

Once something happens (like a little drag), ones brain can get very creative, especially in the humid climate there .

APK1013, are you one of those people who causes accidents on Glades and Palmetto dragging? I hope not, but I sure hope you can put all this crap talk to rest and prove something. Just show up and get it over with, you might win . I bet you wish you never would have posted that KILL story

Steve
Old 11-25-2004, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Porcelain Bus
Hey boys, I'm in if you go to Moroso. It's in my backyard. Anyone for Sebring Dec 5? I'd love to smoke some M5 on the 3.7 mile 16 turn road course in my poorly handling pig of a car. So far several M3's have been out there but no M5's.
Old 11-25-2004, 07:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Hey boys, I'm in if you go to Moroso. It's in my backyard. Anyone for Sebring Dec 5? I'd love to smoke some M5 on the 3.7 mile 16 turn road course in my poorly handling pig of a car. So far several M3's have been out there but no M5's.

Uhhh ooohh
Old 11-25-2004, 11:21 AM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by SAguirre
I grew up in Boca Raton, lived in Florida for a long time. I don't miss it, it is full of big words and no action. Why don't we just wait and see when APK1013 has time in his busy schedule to actually prove something.

Once something happens (like a little drag), ones brain can get very creative, especially in the humid climate there .

APK1013, are you one of those people who causes accidents on Glades and Palmetto dragging? I hope not, but I sure hope you can put all this crap talk to rest and prove something. Just show up and get it over with, you might win . I bet you wish you never would have posted that KILL story

Steve

By the way, I have never caused any accidents yet in my life. I was actually once lightly hit by an older lady that just switched lanes without looking. No big deal. I will race after Thanksgiving I said 500 times. What is so complicated about this. The other thing that I said is that I want to race the car you guys say I lied about. If you did live in Boca, I am sure you know there are plenty of CL55's in the area. Probably more than E55's. You are telling me that not one of them is willing to have a couple of friendly runs with a liar that they can easily smoke. By the way, my kill story was up for about 3 months before Improviz came around and started all of this crap.
Old 11-25-2004, 11:38 AM

2003 BMW M5
You know what is pretty funny about all of this. A couple of my friends went down to the track yesterday to run their cars. This included the red Turbo that I raced. They saw a Rentech CL55 down there a the track running but no E55's. He had a chip and some other mods done. Obviously there are some CL55's that are willing to run, but none of the stock one's have said anything yet. My friend's told me the Rentech one ran 13.1 and then 12.8.
Old 11-25-2004, 12:01 PM
SGC

2006 CL65
APK1013 Are you kidding?

APK1013, I was trying to be kind to you with my prior posts; however, it appears you would like me to treat you differently. That being said, I was going to Moroso to race YOU. When you opted not to rise to the occassion, there was no need for me to go. When you are ready, I will be there. No excuses like we heard from you. By the way, I have been to Moroso many times and can assure you that my stock E55 will do much better than 12.80 and will crush your M5. As I said before, I like the E55 and M5; however, the E55 will walk your M5.

Last edited by SGC; 11-25-2004 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:25 PM

2003 BMW M5
Originally Posted by SGC
APK1013, I was trying to be kind to you with my prior posts; however, it appears you would like me to treat you differently. That being said, I was going to Moroso to race YOU. When you opted not to rise to the occassion, there was no need for me to go. When you are ready, I will be there. No excuses like we heard from you. By the way, I have been to Moroso many times and can assure you that my stock E55 will do much better than 12.80 and will crush your M5. As I said before, I like the E55 and M5; however, the E55 will walk your M5.

I never called you out in any of my posts. I said I want to race a CL55, not an E55. I have never raced and E55, and I have never claimed to be faster than one. I think the E is faster than the CL regardless of the times that have been presented. All I know is that a modded CL ran a 13.1 then a 12.8. I think I can compete with these kinds of numbers. It is an automatic so the driver doesn't make that much of a difference. By the way, Car and Driver tested a Rentech CL55 at 12.7 themselves.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Any W211's in/near Boca Raton, FL want to make some easy $ against an M5??