W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

m113k internal engine damage help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2024 | 04:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes benz e55 amg s211 2004. Bmw 530d f10 2012. Bmw 320d e91 2008.
Originally Posted by SICAMG
I'm proud of you man, good job !!!!

1 -Remove the Crank Damper. I should have told you to do that first before pulling engine because its on there real tight but it's doable. Keep things clean and organized .
2 - Pull the blower off. Keep things clean and organized.
3 Loosen the chain tensioner ...right behind/next to the alternator.

3- The cylinder heads come off in a particular bolt pattern. Pull rocker arms, throw bolts away they are one time only. When taking rockers of Loosen the bolts from the center out. Don't just remove the bolts all at one time....loosen them systematically until they are all completely loose and then remove them.....this is important. The girdle is under a lot of stress from the lifters pumped up and will be "pushing" real hard against the valves.
Throw head bolts away one time use as well and replacement head stands will be much cheaper than factory bolts. Keep things clean and organized.
Front to back....
1 5 9 8 4
2 6 10 7 3

Then the oil pan, pump and second oil pan. Keep things clean and organized.

Then front cover. Try and keep track of where the bolts go as most are a different size. Get a big piece of card board,trace out the cover with all the bolts and just stick them through a hole in the card board that matches up with your drawing. No brainier putting them back in.

We will stop here until pistons come out.

Keep things clean and organized. I may have said this one other time LOL

ANY TIME you turn the engine over ALWAYS turn CLOCKWISE...ALWAYS especially when assembling.If you don't the chain tensioner will unload on the chain meaning take all the slack out.

This how I do things and it will not fail you.
Others can chime in and say it's not needed this way of doing things so do what you feel is best.
Thanks man, incredible how one can learn so much through internet. This forum and all of your insights have been great help. I have now taken the blower of. Next step is i guess taking the rockers and heads of? Can i do that or do i need to take the front cover and timing chain of first? Is there a manual since there is a procedure on how to unbolt the rockers and heads?
Old 08-26-2024 | 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 387 Likes on 328 Posts
2005 e55 AMG
You can follow exactly what I told you ,get a manual or pull it up on you tube...E55 engine build,part 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 goes through everything.
The following users liked this post:
b€nz (09-02-2024)
Old 09-03-2024 | 06:49 AM

You can follow exactly what I told you ,get a manual or pull it up on you tube...E55 engine build,part 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 goes through everything.
I have taken the bottom apart and the good news is there is no damage to the crankshaft or the bearings. I am gonna take the heads of in order to see the damaged piston/cylinder. My question is, how deep can the scratches be in order to only hone the cylinder. And if it's to deep, can i sleeve only that cylinder so that it matches the other cylinders after drilling and honing the damaged cylinder?
Old 09-03-2024 | 07:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 e55 AMG
If you are going to sleeve it you will more than likely need to do all eight as no one I have heard of only sells one sleeve. Plus now you have a steel cylinder with a cast piston and the clearance situation would have to be calculated from an Alusel bore to steel for that piston. But "maybe" it can be honed but that also takes a special process known by very few to do.
Old 09-03-2024 | 07:33 AM

If you are going to sleeve it you will more than likely need to do all eight as no one I have heard of only sells one sleeve. Plus now you have a steel cylinder with a cast piston and the clearance situation would have to be calculated from an Alusel bore to steel for that piston. But "maybe" it can be honed but that also takes a special process known by very few to do.
There are some reputable shops in sweden. I have talked to them and it is possible to hone if it hasnt got throu the alusil. And they say that it is posssible to only sleeve that cylinder and match the clearances. I am a bit unsure, i am going to lool at how deep the scratches is, how do i tell if it's to deep, that i dont know.
Old 09-03-2024 | 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 e55 AMG
That's for the machine shop to figure out.