W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63

S211 Battery Drain Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2024, 07:57 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
S211 E55
S211 Battery Drain Issue

So if I leave my car for a few days the battery drains and the nice bits like steering column and seat memory don’t work until the voltage of the batteries is sufficient again.

Im wondering is there a thread here that discusses the most common faults which cause battery drain. There’s a **** ton of stuff in these cars and I don’t have time to go and check everything so would like to see if there’s a few low hanging fruit to check first.
Old 09-13-2024, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 252 Likes on 207 Posts
2006 CLS55 AMG, 2005 SLK 350 AMG
Originally Posted by Smokey Bear
So if I leave my car for a few days the battery drains and the nice bits like steering column and seat memory don’t work until the voltage of the batteries is sufficient again.

Im wondering is there a thread here that discusses the most common faults which cause battery drain. There’s a **** ton of stuff in these cars and I don’t have time to go and check everything so would like to see if there’s a few low hanging fruit to check first.
SOP if the car is not driven on a frequent basis it needs a battery tender to keep it charged and ready for service when you want to drive it. If you think you have a parasitic draw - above the typical ongoing draw once the car is in sleep mode, then do a search here as there have been plenty of discussions on them.