Sponsored by:

MB Roadside Assistance Gets My Vote

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 10:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
MB Roadside Assistance Gets My Vote

Was going to dinner last night and ran into a "pothole" in DC, what a suprise!
Was going to the Ritz Carlton in Georgetown and once parked pressed my "i" button for the first time. Great service and the flat bed truck was at my location within a hour on a Saturday night.

Front tire side wall was torn (under 100 miles in a Dunlop Winter Sport M3), glad it was my 19" rim.

Service was great, and dinner was first rate for those in the DC area
Old 12-12-2004, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
i used them also this weekend, they were there within 45 minutes. also found out that i cracked my amg rim, miserable
Old 12-12-2004, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheels
They are terrific. My wife had to call for them since AAA said it would take one hour. MBZ Road assistance was there within 30 minutes and they replaced the battery on the E320 in a matter of minutes and she was on her way. She said that they acted proffesional and were very courteous. I will most surely keep buying Mercedes products till I die since I have never experienced this level of customer sevice and support from anyother car manufacturer. They have me for life.
Old 12-13-2004, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes Benz
Glad it worked for you...

I had a blow out on the 101 in Woodland Hills and the SOS button did nothing. It never connected so I just called the 800 number and talked to them on a real cell phone. The tech did show up in 20 minutes so I can't talk poorly about the response time. Good system... SOS is just a joke.

Had the same thing happen in my 2000 S500 back in 2001. The car had a blow out in the middle of the a drive from LA to Lake Tahoe and the system never activated until we had changed the tire, driven for 2 hrs and found civilization once again!

SOS is just a non-digital cellular phone and MB has a digital system in the works. Trouble is ... MB seems to be looking into discontinuing the SOS system for the non-digital users and that means we are all stuck with useless switches at that point. Sounds fun huh?
Old 12-13-2004, 03:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got the same problem as you Cyn. LA seems to have really crappy service when it comes to SOS or even the information and roadside assistance features. I don't know why but it only connects for me on very rare occasions. I've never really used SOS but I did use it one time right after my car was delivered. The voice in the Navi was so loud my head nearly exploded so I figured that was somewhat of an "emergency" :p
Old 12-13-2004, 07:56 AM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
My understanding is that the SOS is only automated in the event of a accident. When my firend had his aribags deploy, SOS was calling the car.