Sponsored by:

Negative review of e55.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
2009 C63 AMG
KK, yea, go to the m5 board for non biased opinions on the m5. Especially if you agree with what they say, then its non biased.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Off topic

alx - acceleration, spelled with a single 'l'.

kk - you need help, you hate this board so much yet you cannot stop yourself from coming back?
Old 12-23-2004, 04:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
04 E55
Originally Posted by norb
KK, yea, go to the m5 board for non biased opinions on the m5. Especially if you agree with what they say, then its non biased.
huh???

what has this to do with the discussion here? Please enlighten me. All i am stating is that majority of comments made so far are really biased or twisted. I can careless which car drives better, or suit anyone better. Just don't like to see idioitic comment such as "Lasik" when the original poster was wrong to begin with.

If anyone can make a valid comment, than this forum is good. But what does lasik, or claim someone lied has anything to do with E55??

May be I am too straight forward. But stay on topic. Why is it so hard to believe that someone would lend their car out to a friend for a little run? Why is hard to believe or accept that E55 is not for everyone.

It's a car and should not be treated like a god and can't be questioned.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:54 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by W210
Off topic

alx - acceleration, spelled with a single 'l'.

kk - you need help, you hate this board so much yet you cannot stop yourself from coming back?
as longs as i am an owner, i think i can make truthful statement. i don't like a lot of post on this board. but why should that prevent me from posting truth?

what i don't understand, why you need to claim that other people lied and discredit a post when you can't prove it one way or the other. why does it bothers you so much when other people after driving the E55 fail to be impressed?

This is what i don't understand. Please enlighten me here. Just because alx did not find E55 to be all mighty god, your comment were" I don't think the test drive ever take place".

I don't hate this board. I do think this board really s u c ks. But it's entertaining to see a bunch of people bend all out of shape over a car.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:58 PM

04 E55
KK,

Launch control means it will accelerate at its most optimum using clutch burn out. Its a trick used in F1, where they can accelerate at maximum tire adhesion. To say that launch control only allows you to do burn out is totally wrong.
That is what it suppose to do. But so far no one seems to have been able to master it on the BMW. I do agree this is what launch control should be. But so far on the M3, it simply does not work at anything over 2000 RPM.

You should know this as well. I have driven a european M3 in taiwan before. I could not maintain traction above 2000 RPM. It simply burns the crap out of the tire. I think pretty much every magazine that screwed around with the M3 launch control would tell you the exact same thing.

Your M3 will have great launch at sub 2000 RPM. Above that, it's useless. At least with both conti and pilot on my car, I had problem with traction at dead launch. (may be i just suck at driving).
Old 12-23-2004, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by krispykrme
All launch control does is simply gives you the wow effect with buring tires.

Next time come up with more valid comment than idiotic "Lasik comment". That's why this board really s u c k s. Never makes valid point except twisted idioitc response.

I see now ---- BMW does the whole "lunch control" thing so that some overweight dude somwhere will get the "wow effect" and nothing else.

if this forum s ucks than it only because clowns like you and Alx post here half baked stories.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:03 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Belmondo
I see now ---- BMW does the whole "lunch control" thing so that some overweight dude somwhere will get the "wow effect" and nothing else.

if this forum s ucks than it only because clowns like you and Alx post here half baked stories.
half baked story? huh, huh.

i guess idiot is what idiot does. Hope you have fun driving the E55 using your keyboard.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:13 PM

half baked story? huh, huh.

i guess idiot is what idiot does. Hope you have fun driving the E55 using your keyboard.

In one statement above you state lunch control has nothing to do with acceleration only "wow effect" for the fat dude driving it and than in a post above you agree that what lunch control suppose to do is to accelerate the car faster but in reality does not because yo say so?

Sweet Jesus I bet "I have problems" is tattoed on your forehead. As to what you are --idiot or not everyone can decide for themsselfs here no need for me to say it.
What a wierd chubby dude you are. Too bad you E55 cant use keyboard to give us a short "write up" on "life with krispy the clown as my owner".

Last edited by Belmondo; 12-23-2004 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 05:25 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Belmondo
In one statement above you state lunch control has nothing to do with acceleration only "wow effect" for the fat dude driving it and than in a post above you agree that what lunch control suppose to do is to accelerate the car faster but in reality does not because yo say so?

Sweet Jesus I bet "I have problems" is tattoed on your forehead. As to what you are --idiot or not everyone can decide for themsselfs here no need for me to say it.
What a wierd chubby dude you are. Too bad you E55 cant use keyboard to give us a short "write up" on "life with krispy the clown as my owner".
You are a moron. Launch control per design is suppose to allow maximum output to the wheel without losing grip. But with launch control setup by BMW, it allows way too much power to be outputed, at 4000 RPM, the M3 already puts too much power to the wheel at dead stop. Hence, all you do is simply spin the tires. If you set it at lower setting, which i believe C&D/MT did during their test drive as well as personal experience, the best launch occurs at less than 2000 RPM.

I guess you would not know because you are a key board driver. Norb should know this, because i remeber he has or had a SMG M3. Should be fully aware what i am talking about.

So far no one has been able to consistently use SMG+launch control to launch the car faster than manual simply proves my point that launch control at least in BMW current application really does not work. I would still maintain that SMG really really blows. (DSG on the other hand, I do really like)

I am only stating the truth, from bothe 3rd party sources as well as personal experience. Go to C&D and do a search and see what their comment was on the launch control.

Like i said, idiot is what idiot does. Perhaps when you are able to really afford to get a car that moves, you would be able to tell how does a car really drives.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:16 PM

i believe LC is supposed to give consistent launches rather than the absolute fastest times, a bit like activating ABS is not always the best way to stop in the shortest distance but its predictable and consistent.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:52 PM

2004 E500
Originally Posted by Autostream
I thought that post was a very honest interpretation. I just sold my 210 E55 and I wish the 211 was the next obviously logical choice. But it just isnt! The lackluster steering and brake feel and the cadillac like handling feel above 100mph just ruins the whole experience for me. In that respect, the M5 (old or new) is clearly superior car. However BMW styling leaves me cold on the inside and outside. And Benz's have just a bit more of a luxurious feel and exudes more class and panache for me.
So that left me with only one other choice. The Cayenne turbo. If it wasnt so high off the ground, so damn heavy, and awd, it would be mine. Especially considering its faster than ANY bmw, benz, or audi. It could use a little more power but as a driving tool, it is simply amazing onroad, and not that i care, offroad as well.
Handling and feel are soo important to me that the new AMG series of cars just disappoints too much.. Its almost enough to ruin the whole car.
All things considered, since i wanted a big, powerful, fun and luxurious daily driver, the 211 just slightly beats out the porsche due to its greater power and its' 2wd's ability to have fun with the tail out.
And whoever thinks the 211's steering, handling, and brake feel are great, you have no idea how further much advanced bmw and porsche are.
Have fun with your new Cayenne, and after driving that for awhile I'm sure we'l see you back here soon lamenting your crazy decision
Old 12-23-2004, 07:15 PM

e55211 traded in for CLS55
Krispy Kremen, no offense but

If you really think this board "sucks", why on earth are you still roaming around here? Is it to **** off members? If you go away and just stick with the m5 board, you'll be happy and so will the members of this board too!

Again no offense, just trying to make everybody happy. Merry X'mas!
Old 12-23-2004, 11:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Build date 2-04 E500
Same ol bull****, just some new players....

Thanks for the cheap "good" entertainment....
Old 12-24-2004, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
trust me, you are beating a dead horse here. Majority of post here are biased and blind. Rarely you will found someone that gives credit where credit is due.
[/b]

Maybe you should follow your own advice. We give credit where we believe it's due. Obviously, as owners of the E55, we will give more credit than people who don't want E55s - because we feel it warrants that credit. That's why we own them.

Esepcially when you are criticizing the all mighty god like E55 on this forum. I have been on this board for a year now. All i can say is that you can't state any kind of complaint here against the god E55.

Go to any forum on the internet and criticize the car the forum is geared towards. No one owns a car that warrants nothing but criticism. They own the cars because they like the cars.

Anything you say that is truthful will be twisted around and claim as B.S. or lie. There are a few owner here that is more than willing to treat E55 for what it is ( a fast cruiser). And are more than willing to admit that E55 is not perfect. But you are barking up the wrong tree.

No one said the E55 is perfect. No car is perfect. No car company is perfect. The E55 is more than a fast cruiser. The old Impala SSs were fast cruisers. The E55 is a refined, fast, luxurious, distinguished highway monster that can be driven slow enough one day to drive Miss Daisy, or can turn up the wick and hunt down an unsuspecting Corvette. It meshes the today's cutting edge creature comforts with insane brute force. It's not a track car, it's not race car, it's a comfortable street car. I have not read otherwise in this entire thread. All that has been debated is "feel" - which I do disagree with people on, and it's not like I don't have any experience.

m5board is a much better board to stick around. simple as that.

Just watch, how quickly this thread will turn.

Before buying my W210 I hung around there quite a bit as well... funny thing - they didn't like criticisms of their cars and they thought their cars were the best too. Interesting how that works?

-m
Old 12-24-2004, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by reggid
i believe LC is supposed to give consistent launches rather than the absolute fastest times, a bit like activating ABS is not always the best way to stop in the shortest distance but its predictable and consistent.
According to krispy hte clown you are very, very wrong, here is what Launch control for, read and learn:

"Originally Posted by krispykrme
All launch control does is simply gives you the wow effect
with buring tires."

DO you get it now? Basically according to Krispy you put your chubby a ss in M5, launch control on , off you go. Than since M5 needs a 45 minute breather after every Launch control, hte guy just sits in hte M5 while its cooling down(according to krispy, not my words ) and just goes "wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, wow" for 45 minuts.
And there you have the launch control wow effect by Krispy.

Last edited by Belmondo; 12-24-2004 at 01:03 AM.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally Posted by MrAMG
If you really think this board "sucks", why on earth are you still roaming around here? Is it to **** off members? If you go away and just stick with the m5 board, you'll be happy and so will the members of this board too!

Amen! Happy Holidays to everyone!
Old 12-24-2004, 02:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
[/b]

Maybe you should follow your own advice. We give credit where we believe it's due. Obviously, as owners of the E55, we will give more credit than people who don't want E55s - because we feel it warrants that credit. That's why we own them.

[/b]

Go to any forum on the internet and criticize the car the forum is geared towards. No one owns a car that warrants nothing but criticism. They own the cars because they like the cars.

[/b]

No one said the E55 is perfect. No car is perfect. No car company is perfect. The E55 is more than a fast cruiser. The old Impala SSs were fast cruisers. The E55 is a refined, fast, luxurious, distinguished highway monster that can be driven slow enough one day to drive Miss Daisy, or can turn up the wick and hunt down an unsuspecting Corvette. It meshes the today's cutting edge creature comforts with insane brute force. It's not a track car, it's not race car, it's a comfortable street car. I have not read otherwise in this entire thread. All that has been debated is "feel" - which I do disagree with people on, and it's not like I don't have any experience.

[/b]

Before buying my W210 I hung around there quite a bit as well... funny thing - they didn't like criticisms of their cars and they thought their cars were the best too. Interesting how that works?

-m
Thank you Marcus, I agree with you 100%.
Old 12-24-2004, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Oh come one guys, you can really beat the heck out of a car on a PlayStation.
Now that is funny...
Old 12-24-2004, 10:40 AM

The funniest thing is the "Negative Review" started over in m5board.com and brought over by BOBcanada to this board.

At first, i thought this board just doesn't like members with different opinions but now it seems it doesn't like other boards have different opinions on their all god mighty E55 as well.

This is sad.
Old 12-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Almost a Member!

2002 996TT,2004 996 C2,2005 C230K
Originally Posted by MikeHK
The funniest thing is the "Negative Review" started over in m5board.com and brought over by BOBcanada to this board.

At first, i thought this board just doesn't like members with different opinions but now it seems it doesn't like other boards have different opinions on their all god mighty E55 as well.

This is sad.
I don't own an E55,but I do a 996TT, and some people say, that it's overpriced, not realy fast POS.I disagree...Same thing with E55.Possibly some people just would like to own one.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:03 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
[/b]

[/b]

[/b]

[/b]

-m
please read the entire thread. when on this thread that i ciriticize the car?

I am stating that some response here by certain owners are low class.

This board should be for exchange information and opinion regarding the car. However, this is not the case.

Why does it bother owners here so much that the car is ciriticized that comment such as "I don't think test drive ever taken place".

If anyone here can't take opinion about their car whether is bad or good. shut off the computer and don't read it. Or put up a valid counter point. There is no need to accuse other of lieing to discredit a post. THAT IS LOW CLASS.

This is what i think the board blows. You and i can disagree on the opinion about the car. But the most post here in the thread were not made to counter opinion rather than throwing garbage around.

Last edited by krispykrme; 12-24-2004 at 04:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:05 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by reggid
no, launch control is simply to allow the best launch possible with maximum power to the wheels without losing grip. However, launch control in BMW SMG design does not work. Simple as that.

We can sit here and debate how launch control was suppose to work. But in reality with BMW's design right now it does not work.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:09 PM

04 E55
Originally Posted by MrAMG

this is a free country. As long as i am an owner of E55. I can post what i want as long as is truthful.

I like to see contructive post but not garbage being thrown around. This board has turn into **** in disguise. Not only different opinion are not allowed on this board. Different opinion on the other boards needs to be killed as well.

Please read entire thread. I have not criticize the car in this thread. But I am taking exception to the response made by some owners here.

W210 could have simply responded to counter the argument/comment made by ALX. Instead W210 accused someone of lieing to discredit a post. What does this has to do with the car.

Unless you want to become a **** and seach to destroy all other differing opinion, then your comment make sense.

BTW, i guess i am correct. Any time when this type of thread happens, it just take off like wild fire. I am just laughin my *** off here in vegas watching this thread. I guess a car is super important to the owners ego.

Last edited by krispykrme; 12-24-2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-24-2004, 04:28 PM
alx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts
i think that whoever could find my experience useful- did that. the rest.. oh well. i could prolly rag on few ppl here, but... trolling is not something i find amusing.

merry christmas to all...

alex
few cars
Old 12-24-2004, 04:34 PM
Almost a Member!

a few Germans, a few Americans
the engine is truck-like, is geared very low and very unresponsive. ever driven a big block auto muscle car? feels like that
I dont know what kind of big block musclecar he's been in.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Negative review of e55.