Sponsored by:

Handling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't currently own a vehicle.
Question Handling

Ok, so I keep reading from numerous sources that the E55 does not have good handling. But these people that say that are trying to push the car to it's limits. I would guess that within it's limits that this car handles very well, seeing that it's 1). a Mercedes, 2). a Mercedes AMG car, 3). costs upwards of $80,000. Would I be guessing wrong? I mean I may race a few cars at a red light, I may do 100 mph on the way to NYC, I may go a little faster than the speed limit on some back roads, but I'm not going to be heading to the track, so handling wise, I would guess that I won't have any problems with handling, right!?!

Oh yeah one more thing, I rented an E500 on a vacation and I thought that the car handled very well. So if I was happy with the way that the E500 handled, will I be happy with the way the E55 handles?
Old 12-20-2004, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG 55, 335i, Mini Cooper S
Originally Posted by Car Freak
Ok, so I keep reading from numerous sources that the E55 does not have good handling. But these people that say that are trying to push the car to it's limits. I would guess that within it's limits that this car handles very well, seeing that it's 1). a Mercedes, 2). a Mercedes AMG car, 3). costs upwards of $80,000. Would I be guessing wrong? I mean I may race a few cars at a red light, I may do 100 mph on the way to NYC, I may go a little faster than the speed limit on some back roads, but I'm not going to be heading to the track, so handling wise, I would guess that I won't have any problems with handling, right!?!

Oh yeah one more thing, I rented an E500 on a vacation and I thought that the car handled very well. So if I was happy with the way that the E500 handled, will I be happy with the way the E55 handles?
My 210 handles fine and to everyone else that takes a ride it, thinks it handles insane. I would agree with them but I had a M3 and a 540i, both had suspension and wheels and handled very well. The Bimmers are a much better handling cars and better driver feed back, but the Mercedes is in my opinion is a better built car with more power. Lowering my E55 has helped some of the handling issues but the car is still a bit numb.

For the average driver that just pushes the car a tad, the stock suspension should be fine.
Mario