Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2004, 02:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS55 AMG
M&M, changing the subject again:

Originally Posted by M&M
Hey Belmondo, after that Impro-super-man posted a link askinf all C32/55 owners in the area to rock up & challenge me. I even challenged the self-proclaimed fastest C32 in the land to rock up. Well no-one rocked up & I went to the track withou them. Want a link? BTW did I mention the C32 that went to the track did a 15.0 average & 14.8 best 1/4 mile?
Did we mention that all three of the major American car mags (Motor Trend, Car & Driver, and Road & Track) have tested the C55 faster than any of them got in their tests of the E46 M3?

IF you won as you claimed, you beat the driver, not the car. And I say IF, because you already admitted that your car was not stock when you ran him.

Which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, but as I noted earlier you are the king of .
Old 12-28-2004, 03:05 PM
M&M

Impro, I was stock then. Now I'm not but that's off-topic. And also you're a liar & I can prove it with regards your C&D claim. I have a link that's prove you're a liar but I'll give you a chance to correct yourself.

I can also prove that the CL65 test was not a fluke because the same mag tested another one to 124 in 13.1. That's 0.7 faster which is possible given different conditions. Also, this SL55 that was tested was faster than ever other 55-engined car tested. Want links?

And with regards the CLS55 test you say is false by SA. I posted the link. Take it up with them.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:05 PM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by Improviz
I haven't seen the 15 carlength article. I have seen the no gap article. I have also seen Auto Motor und Sport's data showing a 0.7 split to 150, which in no way, shape, or form would be 15 carlengths, but would rather be a virtual tie.
In all fairness to being accurate:

Assuming that the acceleration is liner and even .7 secs should translate to approx 77 feet or almost 4 car lengths.

(154 feet is .7 secs @ 150mph, take half due to even acceleration from 0)
Old 12-28-2004, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Sorry, M&M, not going to play your game.

As I pointed out: you're not interested in honest debate, only flamefests and "my links are better than your links" type pissing matches. Data I've provided clearly shows that you're cherry-picking data while flaming others for doing it, *and* that your claims were false.

Have a nice day, as you put it.

Click here for more interesting information about our friend M&M:

Last edited by Improviz; 12-28-2004 at 09:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=M&M]Actually I'm the one that beat 2 different C55's at 2 different venues with a stock M3 & have the videos to prove it. Who wants to see the video again. Impro, you dying to see my video again?

/QUOTE]

YOU beat no one, you never showed up at hte track. Personally I doubt you have driver's license. End of story.
Old 12-28-2004, 03:58 PM
M&M

Belmondo, what are you on about? I already proved myself by wrtiting MBworld on a piece of paper & taking a pic in the car together with the timeslip. I'm sure Impro-man can post a link to the thread. Where you been? Don't want to go through this again, but if you want you gonna' get a whole heap of links, videos & pics from the track.

But back to the topic. To each his own & I know some people hate BMW here, but you have to take your hat off to one fast 4-door.

The new M5 won against Lamborghini Gallardo, MERCEDES SLR MCLAREN and many more the election of the Supercar of the year. See latest Autobild http://www.autobild.de/

Evo magazine
'Despite the largely dire roads, not to mention an unhealthy dose of pre-launch sceptisism, the new M5 has proved to be an utterly addictive, immensely accomplished car. Desperately fast, uniquely vocal, deliciously understated, breathtakingly sophisticated and, thanks to its SMG seven speed gearbox, more useable and versatile than ever, BMW has rendered the E55 and RS6 Plus surplus to requirements, restoring the M5 to its rightful place as the ultimate, class-defining supersaloon'

Say, speaking of Autocar, here's their verdict:
http://www.autocarmagazine.com/RoadT...p?RT_ID=212071
"It’s not often a car comes along so capable that it raises the standard way beyond that of its rivals. But the M5 does just that. Unlike its one-dimensional AMG and Audi counterparts it has such depth of character that you could drive one for months without fully experiencing all its qualities."

" It can, of course, play the family hauler, the business express and the supercar to a level that it was almost impossible to imagine before it arrived. And just the noise of the engine will make you smile. It does have flaws — depreciation fears, and its guzzling consumption — but otherwise it’s such a complete, beguiling car that it might just be the best car in the world. Which is why we award a rare five stars."

Last edited by M&M; 12-28-2004 at 04:05 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by M&M
Belmondo, what are you on about? I already proved myself by wrtiting MBworld on a piece of paper & taking a pic in the car together with the timeslip. I'm sure Impro-man can post a link to the thread. Where you been? Don't want to go through this again, but if you want you gonna' get a whole heap of links, videos & pics from the track.

But back to the topic. To each his own & I know some people hate BMW here, but you have to take your hat off to one fast 4-door.

The new M5 won against Lamborghini Gallardo, MERCEDES SLR MCLAREN and many more the election of the Supercar of the year. See latest Autobild http://www.autobild.de/

Evo magazine
'Despite the largely dire roads, not to mention an unhealthy dose of pre-launch sceptisism, the new M5 has proved to be an utterly addictive, immensely accomplished car. Desperately fast, uniquely vocal, deliciously understated, breathtakingly sophisticated and, thanks to its SMG seven speed gearbox, more useable and versatile than ever, BMW has rendered the E55 and RS6 Plus surplus to requirements, restoring the M5 to its rightful place as the ultimate, class-defining supersaloon'

Say, speaking of Autocar, here's their verdict:
http://www.autocarmagazine.com/RoadT...p?RT_ID=212071
"It’s not often a car comes along so capable that it raises the standard way beyond that of its rivals. But the M5 does just that. Unlike its one-dimensional AMG and Audi counterparts it has such depth of character that you could drive one for months without fully experiencing all its qualities."

" It can, of course, play the family hauler, the business express and the supercar to a level that it was almost impossible to imagine before it arrived. And just the noise of the engine will make you smile. It does have flaws — depreciation fears, and its guzzling consumption — but otherwise it’s such a complete, beguiling car that it might just be the best car in the world. Which is why we award a rare five stars."

Does anyone know anybody that has actually driven the new M5?? How long has it been available in Europe? I know that it is not going to be on our shores until late next year. Why is it taking so long? We've been reading about this car for over a year now.

I've said this already - when an actual owner takes his/her car to the track and posts his/her timeslip, we will know how fast it is. Magazines are interesting, but there are enough variations between test results (putting aside the special "ringers" that manufacturers like to provide for testing) that the magazines cannot be treated as gospel.

And as far as I am concerned, if I am going to "rely" on a magazine test, it is going to be Car and Driver or Motor Trend running same day comparisons on two US-Spec cars here in the US.

Owners' time slips tell a story that reflects what you'll see in the street. Conjencture about what is possible (e.g., 1.7 sec. 60 ft. times) is fun, but does not always reflect what happens in the real world.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Frustrated with acceleration data showing he's wrong, M&M changes the subject again:

This time, to who won the magazine comparos....it's easier to debate subjective opinions, as there can be no clear winner!

Of course, as one can observe by noting the car he puts in his sig, and reading the results of both this comparo and this comparo, M&M isn't exactly one to go rushing out and by the winner of all BMW vs. others' comparo articles!!
Old 12-28-2004, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W215 CL600
Damn Improviz, you can sure set people straight...

:MBAMGPWR takes out notepad and reminds himself never to get into a pissing match with Improviz:
Old 12-28-2004, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 374 Likes on 275 Posts
2005 E55
Originally Posted by DRCrowder

The proper response would be "The 55K won (or tied to 200km) for that specific comparison, but the E60 is so new, and unfamiliar to the test drivers at this point they can't be getting their best times. I wouldn't get all excited about this one because I am sure that the next comparison to a 55K could easily swing to the BMW side. I feel confident that with this rivalry, BMW wouldn't release this car if they can't call it 'the fastest 4 door production car'" (Skratch tried a half-@ss version of this but blew it by saying he "read" that it did the ring in 7.53...... yawn...)

=)
Well heres some reading for you.It was not 7.53 it was 7.52
like I said I read it somewhere and it was a while ago.
ring
lets wait and see wut the final m5 does when its out.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:09 PM

ML350 '06
I personally APPRECIATE Improviz' efforts in forcing M&M to be accurate! If not, M&M would be feeding all of us his usual line of BS of his amazing M3 is faster than anything on this planet, oh except the M5 of course.

M&M:
I do have to ask, why are you so fixated on trying to prove your "BMW facts" to a group of MB enthusiasts? It comes across as desperate and insecure! It really does, I'm not just trying to be belligerent either and start another flame war. Just take a step back, look at the content in which you write about. It does contain a lot of "facts" (which Improviz seems to be able to dispute quite well) but I question your motive behind it all. You will post a very controversial topic and start out "nice" and then it turns into your VIDEOS and LINKS of MY CAR IS THE FASTEST thread.

I like debate and I love that you are passionate about your interest in cars but your topics lead to the same discussion which I just mentioned above.

Nick
Old 12-28-2004, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Nickerz, thank you!

As to M&M, I agree: his goal is not discussion, but to start fights. He's done this for years; click here for a bit of detective work I did on his posts, both here and over on Audiworld, where he has posted with no fewer than three different posting handles.

Myself and others have asked him on several occasions (here's a prime example) exactly what it is that motivates this rather odd behavior, which as I showed in the thread above has been going on for years, on multiple forums...he never answers, of course, preferring to engage in his usual barrage of non-sequiturs, subject-changing, cherry-picked facts, and circular arguments, but it really seems to be some sort of odd compulsive disorder...I mean, really: what on earth would motivate someone to carry on like this, particularly for several years?

It is truly odd, no doubt about it. There are therapists out there for obsessive/compulsive disorder...

I can only surmise that his sense of self-worth is so deeply tied up in the car and brand he drives that any competitor is seen as a threat to his very being, and so he is driven to persist in this rather quixotic campaign of converting the heathens whose subjective opinions (gasp!) vary from his own....it won't work, of course, but he seems to get some bizarre sense of satisfaction out of waving BMW tail feathers in others' faces nevertheless.

To make matters worse, he is by no means the only Bimmer fan to troll here on a continual basis. Cain, Thai, many others have also come and gone, drawn like moths to the flame of Mercedes (and in M&M's case, any other competing model in the class) forums, where they flutter around incessantly, perfectly emulating the pesky behavior of the lovely creatures who love to eat our fine clothing and decorate our windshields on dark nights.

And, I might add, they are every bit as substantive.

Originally Posted by Nickerz
I personally APPRECIATE Improviz' efforts in forcing M&M to be accurate! If not, M&M would be feeding all of us his usual line of BS of his amazing M3 is faster than anything on this planet, oh except the M5 of course.

M&M:
I do have to ask, why are you so fixated on trying to prove your "BMW facts" to a group of MB enthusiasts? It comes across as desperate and insecure! It really does, I'm not just trying to be belligerent either and start another flame war. Just take a step back, look at the content in which you write about. It does contain a lot of "facts" (which Improviz seems to be able to dispute quite well) but I question your motive behind it all. You will post a very controversial topic and start out "nice" and then it turns into your VIDEOS and LINKS of MY CAR IS THE FASTEST thread.

I like debate and I love that you are passionate about your interest in cars but your topics lead to the same discussion which I just mentioned above.

Nick

Last edited by Improviz; 12-28-2004 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
Screw all of this. Line up his M3 or SOMEBODY's M5 whenever they FINALLY show up here, against my 55. Now I don't have numbers on my blown W210 yet, but I'm waiting. If I'm a little faster than a stock W211 E55, I'm sure we can find SOMEONE here with a stocker that'll be happy to put their money where their mouth is. I'm first in line. Next?
Old 12-29-2004, 03:01 AM
M&M

Hey Impro-man, I'm touched you care for me so much but let's get back to the topic.

Why did I reply to this topic? Well, the original thread states that an E55 is faster than an M5 in a straight line due to an SL55 matching the M5. If someone had said the E55 is a better car or looks better or has better floormats or whatever I would have stayed out of the thread. Because all of that is subjective & everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, I disagree that the E55 wil be quicker in a straight line. Allow me to elaborate. HEre's the test of the 476hp SL55 that was put against the M5:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/sl55amgst2002-1.htm

Supertest in sport auto 04/2002
Gewicht 1968 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,1 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,3 s
0 - 120 km/h 5,6 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,1 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,4 s
0 - 180 km/h 11,2 s
0 - 200 km/h 13,8 s

Pretty quick. M5 is quicker from 180 onwards & starts to pull away.

Now, is this quick or not. Well, here's the same mag's test of a 500hp SL55:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/sl55amg2003-1.htm

Test in sport auto 4/2003
Gewicht 1988 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,4 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,6 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,0 s
0 - 140 km/h 7,8 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,8 s
0 - 180 km/h 11,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 14,3 s

So this SL55 is faster than the other one they tested. ALso the SL wasn't governed as can be seen by the speed it attained down the Doettinger straight when it was tested at the Ring.

Now, just to confirm that this SL is 'special', 'cos hey I may be talking bull, let's compare it to the E55 & CLS55 times:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/e55amg2003-1.htm

Test in sport auto 01/2003
Gewicht 1944 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,3 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,6 s
0 - 120 km/h 5,9 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,6 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,8 s
0 - 180 km/h 12,2 s
0 - 200 km/h 14,6 s

HEre's a 530hp BRabus tuned E55:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/brak82003-1.htm
Test in sport auto 8/2003
Gewicht 1975 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,2 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,3 s
0 - 120 km/h 5,7 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,3 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,2 s
0 - 180 km/h 11,5 s
0 - 200 km/h 14,5 s

ANd here's the CLS55:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/cls55amg2004-1.htm
Test in ams 23/2004
Gewicht 1960 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,4 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,7 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,2 s
0 - 130 km/h 7,0 s
0 - 140 km/h 8,0 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,3 s
0 - 180 km/h 12,8 s
0 - 200 km/h 15,5 s

Seems a bit slow 15.5 to 124, maybe a freak slow CLS55. Btu what's this another E55 doing that time:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/e55amgt2004-1.htm
Test in sport auto 07/2004
Gewicht 2046 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,6 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,9 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,4 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 8,1 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,4 s
0 - 180 km/h 12,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 15,6 s

So lets recap. THis 'special' SL55 is almost 2 seconds faster to 124 than the CLS55 & one of the E55's. It's faster than a 530hp E55 & faster than a 500hp SL55. And yet it still loses to the M5 at higher speeds & is tied with it at lower speeds. These are just the facts. Impro, ay comments on the facts I have provided & let's try to stay on topic.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 E55
Originally Posted by M&M
Hey Impro-man, I'm touched you care for me so much but let's get back to the topic.

Why did I reply to this topic? Well, the original thread states that an E55 is faster than an M5 in a straight line due to an SL55 matching the M5. If someone had said the E55 is a better car or looks better or has better floormats or whatever I would have stayed out of the thread. Because all of that is subjective & everyone is entitled to their opinion.

However, I disagree that the E55 wil be quicker in a straight line. Allow me to elaborate. HEre's the test of the 476hp SL55 that was put against the M5:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/sl55amgst2002-1.htm

Supertest in sport auto 04/2002
Gewicht 1968 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,1 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,3 s
0 - 120 km/h 5,6 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,1 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,4 s
0 - 180 km/h 11,2 s
0 - 200 km/h 13,8 s

Pretty quick. M5 is quicker from 180 onwards & starts to pull away.

Now, is this quick or not. Well, here's the same mag's test of a 500hp SL55:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/sl55amg2003-1.htm

Test in sport auto 4/2003
Gewicht 1988 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,4 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,6 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,0 s
0 - 140 km/h 7,8 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,8 s
0 - 180 km/h 11,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 14,3 s

So this SL55 is faster than the other one they tested. ALso the SL wasn't governed as can be seen by the speed it attained down the Doettinger straight when it was tested at the Ring.

Now, just to confirm that this SL is 'special', 'cos hey I may be talking bull, let's compare it to the E55 & CLS55 times:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/e55amg2003-1.htm

Test in sport auto 01/2003
Gewicht 1944 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,3 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,6 s
0 - 120 km/h 5,9 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,6 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,8 s
0 - 180 km/h 12,2 s
0 - 200 km/h 14,6 s

HEre's a 530hp BRabus tuned E55:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/brak82003-1.htm
Test in sport auto 8/2003
Gewicht 1975 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,2 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,3 s
0 - 120 km/h 5,7 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 7,3 s
0 - 160 km/h 9,2 s
0 - 180 km/h 11,5 s
0 - 200 km/h 14,5 s

ANd here's the CLS55:

Test in ams 23/2004
Gewicht 1960 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,4 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,7 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,2 s
0 - 130 km/h 7,0 s
0 - 140 km/h 8,0 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,3 s
0 - 180 km/h 12,8 s
0 - 200 km/h 15,5 s

Seems a bit slow 15.5 to 124, maybe a freak slow CLS55. Btu what's this another E55 doing that time:

http://www.einszweidrei.de/mercedes/e55amgt2004-1.htm
Test in sport auto 07/2004
Gewicht 2046 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,6 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,9 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,4 s
0 - 130 km/h - s
0 - 140 km/h 8,1 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,4 s
0 - 180 km/h 12,9 s
0 - 200 km/h 15,6 s

So lets recap. THis 'special' SL55 is almost 2 seconds faster to 124 than the CLS55 & one of the E55's. It's faster than a 530hp E55 & faster than a 500hp SL55. And yet it still loses to the M5 at higher speeds & is tied with it at lower speeds. These are just the facts. Impro, ay comments on the facts I have provided & let's try to stay on topic.

Dead horse, I know. But some people are thick. Search this site or go to www.dragtimes.com. Check out the E55 trap speeds and e.t.'s of us "real" folks with "real" cars. These are real times. (While you are at it, find all of the bone stock M3's with 1.7 to 1.8 second 60 foot times.)

If I am doing 188 kph in 12.07 seconds, I am as fast as that "special" SL that was the subject of the comparison test that started this whole thread. Or are you suggesting that we are all liars because our cars can't actually outperform what magazines obtain and publish.

Please show me what in that comparison (the link that began this thread) supports your statement that the "M5 is quicker from 180 onwards & starts to pull away." I don't see any data after 180 kph in that comparison. Thanks.

When the M5 hits the track, we will see how quick it is. And keep one important thing in mind - AMG owners can repeat their times much more easily than M5 owners will be. We don't have to depend on a launch control system that we can only use once every 45 minutes. Also, would be nice to see a rolling start acceleration test from 5 mph. I bet the M5 loses out big time with so little torque (comparitively speaking) and no benefit from launch control.

Yeah, I know, the M5 will start to pull away at 135 mph. I find myself doing 135 mph so often that I can't stand the embarassment. :p
Old 12-29-2004, 09:43 AM

04E55AMG, 05Dodge RAM 1500 Quad Cab, 02Montero Limited
Why do we waste our time with these types of threads? Who cares, just enjoy our beasts! By the time the M5 comes to our shores the W211 E55 will be going into its 4 year of production. If anything, the M5 should be compared to the next generation E55 since it will be out during most of the new M5's production.

We are all blessed to be able to drive $90K plus four door sedans

Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 12-29-2004, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Can't wait to drag one of these whenever they finally arrive.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:38 AM
M&M

Originally Posted by enzom
Dead horse, I know. But some people are thick. Search this site or go to www.dragtimes.com. Check out the E55 trap speeds and e.t.'s of us "real" folks with "real" cars. These are real times.
When are you going to understand that Sport Auto's standard test technique involves 2 people in the car, full tank of fuel & their V-box GPS testing equipment. ALso they test with pump fuel & stock tyre pressures. More or less 'real world' conditions.

Also their surface is a normal road surface. Not prepped or anything. I doesn't take a genious to realise you can't compare those time to Englishtown dosed with 4 layers of VHT & a car running on fumes with no passengers, low pressures, good fuel etc.

Oh tell me dear Enzom, is not reasonable to assume that one cannot compare times from this side of the Atlantic. AMi being unreasonable. Case in point for the E39 M5 Autocar got a 1/4 mile time of 13.7. I'm sure there are owners in the US that beat that by some margin.

Anyway, even with these conditions M5's are doing mid 13's to 124 & trapping 119 on the 1/4. I say, PLEASE NOTE I COULD BE WRONG, but I say the E60 M5 will be quick. Pulling the weight of the passengers & full tank weighs more in the favour of the car with more torque. But nevertheless the M5 is still proving to be quicker, especially after 100mph where the gearing, p/w ratio, high rpm power contrive to make impressive acceleration.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You said it yourself, all that crap in the car is going to favor the car with more torque. So in the "real world" as you speak, the 55's are going to have an even bigger advantage since you're pretty hard pressed to be able to drag from a dead stop (advantage BMW with "launch control") and race to in excess of 100MPH on the street. More likely, I'll find one of these to run on a roll from 20-40 MPH and the race is over by 100 MPH due to Johnny Law, common sense, traffic, etc. and it's no contest. At a track, we all dump everything we can, you get to use launch control, and an E60 still can't best a 55 that's essentially unchanged since '03. :p Now if we could just find a track that STARTS the race at 100 MPH we could have a BMW in the winner's circle.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:23 AM
M&M

Yeah but what I'm saying is even with the weight in real world conditions the M5 starts pulling on the 55's from 60mph. Autocar got a 0.7 sec gap to 124. SA got a 1.5 sec gap to 124 over the CLS55.

But now take same weight out of both cars & rerun the tests. I doubt the gap will be much bigger though.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:28 AM

05 E55, 03 Z4 3.0
Originally Posted by M&M
Yeah but what I'm saying is even with the weight in real world conditions the M5 starts pulling on the 55's from 60mph. Autocar got a 0.7 sec gap to 124. SA got a 1.5 sec gap to 124 over the CLS55.

But now take same weight out of both cars & rerun the tests. I doubt the gap will be much bigger though.
Got links for that? I'd love to read those comparisons, sounds like some good info
Old 12-29-2004, 12:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Like I said, can't wait to drag one of these when it shows. Oh wait, I'm not stock, does that matter? Again, there's no doubt we can find a stock W211 that'll be happy to line up against the E60, about 12 seconds later we will have the answer. I, of course, will be happy to put down the cash if no one else will. Until then, this is pointless.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55 AMG
Originally Posted by M&M

Why did I reply to this topic?
I believe this IS a reasonable topic for discussion: why are you here?

Why have you trolled multiple Internet forums for at least the past three years, first at Audiworld and now here?

I really believe that you owe us an answer for these questions. Why the moderators haven't stepped in and banned you for your constant trolling is a mystery, because you are clearly here for no other purpose than to incite arguments and flamefests, stemming from some odd insecurity on your part.

Are you a Mercedes enthusiast, or an Audi enthusiast? Obviously not, considering the time you spend on each brands' forum trying to degrade the cars and incite their owners.

So, why are you here, M&M?

Originally Posted by M&M
let's try to stay on topic.
I believe this is the central issue, as you are clearly here for no productive purpose. I have presented facts which clearly show that your data and methodology are flawed, and that as I mentioned earlier, you have now gone back into your default mode: cast aspersions on any test showing that which you do not want to believe, while any test you *do* want to believe is iron clad. It is pointless to argue with such a person.

I repeat, again: why are you here, troll?
Old 12-29-2004, 01:15 PM
H50
Almost a Member!

BMWM3 BMWM5 E55
M5 vs SL55

i heard that in one of the first SL55 tests, i think the Nardo test that the SL55 was running with a SLR prototype engine as amg claimed that its a 55 .. thats why the numbers were very very impressive.. but i still think the SL55 is perform is classic some figures that you really like to compare how cars perform with it
Old 12-29-2004, 02:25 PM
M&M

Originally Posted by DRCrowder
Got links for that? I'd love to read those comparisons, sounds like some good info
Sure thing. Here's the Auto Zeiting results:

M5 / CLS 55

0-100km/h: 4.4 sec / 4.7 sec
0-200km/h: 13.9 sec / 14.6 sec
80-120km/h: 1.9 sec / 2.6 sec

Slalom (18 m): 66.7 km/h / 64.3 km/h
Laptime around their track: 1.43.2 min / 1.45.0 min

Brakes ( Cold/hot): 34.8 m, 34.9 m / 35.0 m, 35.1 m

Sound in dB:
100km/h: 64 dB / 66dB
130km/h: 69 dB / 71 dB
180km/h: 78 dB / 74 dB

Comfort (front): 138 p / 135 p
Comfort (back): 75 p / 69 p
Gearbox: 96 p / 90 p
Consumption: 54 p / 68 p
Slalom: 84 p / 72 p
Handling: 138 p / 132 p
Traction: 51 p / 41 p

Summary: 3317 p / 3275 p

Sport Auto M5 vs CLS55 (tested on the same day)

http://www.einszweidrei.de/bmw/m5e602004-1.htm

Test in ams 23/2004
CLS55 M5
Gewicht 1960 kg 1820 kg
0 - 80 km/h 3,4 s 3,4 s
0 - 100 km/h 4,7 s 4,4 s
0 - 120 km/h 6,2 s 5,3 s
0 - 130 km/h 7,0 s - s
0 - 140 km/h 8,0 s 7,5 s
0 - 160 km/h 10,3 s 9,3 s
0 - 180 km/h 12,8 s 11,5 s
0 - 200 km/h 15,5 s 13,9 s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proof that the E55 is faster than the E60 M5