E55 vs IS300 Turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 01:27 AM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 vs IS300 Turbo

Here is a video originally posted by GordoNx3o9 in the Kill Stories section. Had to repost here since it had an E55 racing a IS300 Turbo and then the same E55 racing a SupraTT.

http://azinwood.com/compilation.wmv
Old 01-06-2005, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by adx
Here is a video originally posted by GordoNx3o9 in the Kill Stories section. Had to repost here since it had an E55 racing a IS300 Turbo and then the same E55 racing a SupraTT.

http://azinwood.com/compilation.wmv
As I said: Poor E55, trying to hold its ground with only (!) 469 ponies. Compare to the 620+ in the other cars. Sad, so sad. I really feel bad for the little brave E55. Oh well, you can't win them all. So, whats Brabus's phone number?
Old 01-06-2005, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

great vid, that IS300 Turbo has some serious grunt

time for some mod for that E55!
Old 01-06-2005, 02:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 E320
Sick video! Thanks for the post.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W221
Very nice video. Everyone always makes the "opponent" of the E55 the underdawg. Only to find out that the other car is modded up the *** and the E55 is stock. Kinda not fair. but that is just my 2 cents...
Old 01-06-2005, 05:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
Very nice video. Everyone always makes the "opponent" of the E55 the underdawg. Only to find out that the other car is modded up the *** and the E55 is stock. Kinda not fair. but that is just my 2 cents...
Haha, until the next M5, that's the closest they can do for competition!
Old 01-06-2005, 08:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
man those Lexus and Supra are damn fast!
Old 01-06-2005, 10:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Whatever keys I grab first...
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
man those Lexus and Supra are damn fast!
Yeah, after a heart and soul makeover. This just inspired me, to take my E55 to Brabus. I would hate to lose to a Lexus or a Toyota.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Lexani
Yeah, after a heart and soul makeover. This just inspired me, to take my E55 to Brabus. I would hate to lose to a Lexus or a Toyota.
There's always will be someone faster then you
Old 01-06-2005, 03:30 PM
adx
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
Haha, until the next M5, that's the closest they can do for competition!

Only time will tell on the M5 vs E55 saga.
Old 01-07-2005, 02:32 AM

Hey guys that was me in the E55 both Chris (IS300) and duy (supra) are freinds of mine. We decided to have a little fun knowing before hand the results. As you guys have said the IS and Supra both have some serious power. The IS300 is just an amazing car anyways glad you guys like the vid I am having renntech chip and pulley as well as an eisenmann exhaust installed next week. We plan on running again just to see the difference but unless the renntech makes a huge difference i dont see the results being all that different.

edit: sorry i couldn't represent the beast any better than i did but as you guys know there is always someone faster

Last edited by bmoores; 01-07-2005 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by bmoores
Hey guys that was me in the E55 both Chris (IS300) and duy (supra) are freinds of mine. We decided to have a little fun knowing before hand the results. As you guys have said the IS and Supra both have some serious power. The IS300 is just an amazing car anyways glad you guys like the vid I am having renntech chip and pulley as well as an eisenmann exhaust installed next week. We plan on running again just to see the difference but unless the renntech makes a huge difference i dont see the results being all that different.

edit: sorry i couldn't represent the beast any better than i did but as you guys know there is always someone faster
You did what you could. I mean you did run againest a higher hp modded IS and a supra. Either way good job. Please post a vid of your car after your mods. I have been wanting to see the eisenmann exhaust on the E55 and wanted to hear it also. Did you get the race or the sport? *Crosses fingers and hopes for race*
Old 01-07-2005, 03:07 AM

I got the race system it is on the water rite now and should hopefully be here end of next week im getting anxious i just keep listening to the SL55 vid on their website hoping it sounds something like that. I'll post a new vid or at least a sound clip as soon as I get it installed.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:10 AM

What exactly does that is300 have to get that much power?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:10 AM

2005 SL55 AMG
That IS300 turbo is sick, serious fu@#ing power! Wonder if it is a XS-engineering turbo package, i know they do some serious (well over 600 rwhp) tuning for the IS. Anyway, maybe you should look into a set of kleemann headers in addition to your ecu/pulley and cat-back exhaust, or evosport, but with the kleemann headers, the cats must be removed, therefore more power. I think the end result between your e55 and the IS will be not be any different with just the ecu/pulley and cat-back. You will definitley come closer, but from your video, it seems like the IS just pulls and pulls, very amazing for that car though, just too much power in a lighter car. It might be a closer race on the highway once you have ecu/pulley, headers, exhaust, and maybe a few cooling upgrades.

What do the rest of the forum members think?
Old 01-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

W221
I got the race system it is on the water rite now and should hopefully be here end of next week im getting anxious i just keep listening to the SL55 vid on their website hoping it sounds something like that. I'll post a new vid or at least a sound clip as soon as I get it installed.
That is what intially got me interested. Please give me a report on sound compared to what you heard on the SL and such. It would greatly be appreciated. Impressions on any power difference, fitment issues and such. Thanks again...
Old 01-07-2005, 03:19 AM

Honestly I know with the additions I will be making to the car I won't be much quicker against the IS300 but it will be interesting to see how she does. As far as the modifications to the IS300 go they are extensive the turbo setup is a custom setup and is run off of a tec3 standalone setup here is a pic of under the hood and a front shot of the intercooler. The IS is one of those cars that will make you lose your lunch if your not ready for it.

Old 01-07-2005, 03:21 AM
Super Moderator

W221
Originally Posted by Sunny55
That IS300 turbo is sick, serious fu@#ing power! Wonder if it is a XS-engineering turbo package, i know they do some serious (well over 600 rwhp) tuning for the IS. Anyway, maybe you should look into a set of kleemann headers in addition to your ecu/pulley and cat-back exhaust, or evosport, but with the kleemann headers, the cats must be removed, therefore more power. I think the end result between your e55 and the IS will be not be any different with just the ecu/pulley and cat-back. You will definitley come closer, but from your video, it seems like the IS just pulls and pulls, very amazing for that car though, just too much power in a lighter car. It might be a closer race on the highway once you have ecu/pulley, headers, exhaust, and maybe a few cooling upgrades.

What do the rest of the forum members think?
WERD. IMHO I don't think it'll be too different when you get the ecu, pulley. You will probably hang a little bit longer but since the IS is lighter and has more power, it will pull and pull and pull. You will need some serious power to keep up with that puppy...
Old 01-07-2005, 03:26 AM

Originally Posted by BenzoBoi
WERD. IMHO I don't think it'll be too different when you get the ecu, pulley. You will probably hang a little bit longer but since the IS is lighter and has more power, it will pull and pull and pull. You will need some serious power to keep up with that puppy...
I don't think I will push the E55 too much further I want to maintain the little driveablity that is left once the renntech is on lol so i have been looking at other options like this:

996 Turbo 240K invested
Old 01-07-2005, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator

W221
I don't think I will push the E55 too much further I want to maintain the little driveablity that is left once the renntech is on lol so i have been looking at other options like this:

996 Turbo 240K invested
Now that is what I'm talkin about. My next car will probably be a 996 Turbo or a 997S. Either one WILL have full techart. At first glance of the Techart 997S I was in love. That 996 is hot!~!
Old 01-07-2005, 03:35 AM

I test drove a 05 GT3 last weekend one of very few that will be coming to the U.S. this year and my god what a raw car that is. I spoke with the salesman who is a porsche driver himself (997S) and he said that on a track a 997S will hold its own against a GT3 and the rest of the 996 cars and if your like me the 997 styling is just irresistable I just can't justify moving on a 996 turbo with the 997 turbo rumoured to be less that a year away.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
When it comes to the 2JZ engine... I've seen and done it all. For years I ate, slept, and breathed the 2JZ. Automatic, 6-speed, twin turbos, single turbos, lexus, toyota, you name it.

I see nothing strange here. You have two extremely modified 2JZ powered cars running against a bone stock E55. I've seen 100% street driven Civics that are just as fast as the IS and Supra in the video... big deal. Both those cars require race gas to get those figures, sticky tires, and are nowhere near as reliable/dependable as the E55. Stick 91 octane in both of those cars and I GUARANTEE you will see very different results.

Wait until we have some cooling upgrades out, fill them both up with 93 octane and run them from a dead dig with non-drag radial street tires... you'll be pleasantly surprised.

-m
Old 01-07-2005, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Marcus Frost
When it comes to the 2JZ engine... I've seen and done it all. For years I ate, slept, and breathed the 2JZ. Automatic, 6-speed, twin turbos, single turbos, lexus, toyota, you name it.

I see nothing strange here. You have two extremely modified 2JZ powered cars running against a bone stock E55. I've seen 100% street driven Civics that are just as fast as the IS and Supra in the video... big deal. Both those cars require race gas to get those figures, sticky tires, and are nowhere near as reliable/dependable as the E55. Stick 91 octane in both of those cars and I GUARANTEE you will see very different results.

Wait until we have some cooling upgrades out, fill them both up with 93 octane and run them from a dead dig with non-drag radial street tires... you'll be pleasantly surprised.

-m
Marcus you summed everything up perfectly both of these guys were running a pump/race gas mix however neither were running drag radials surprisingly. I would love to run them on pump but unfortunately deep pockets afford them the luxury of running race gas all the time.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Real Cars
bmoores,

When it comes to going ***** out, the 2JZ is a serious contender. With my old '98 Supra I was making 830rwhp on a stock block with 110 octane and would have put a serious hurt on both of those cars from a roll.

In regards to tires, I wasn't assuming either way. I was just making sure to say this is a better comparison between the two cars both should run pump gas and be on true street tires. I had to run BFG Drag Radials 24/7 to consistently hook up on the street, whereas with my E55 I've cut 1.8x short times on the stock Conti's withuot problems. A pump gas/race gas mix doesn't say much, since that can still be 100-110 octane, depending on the mix.

A gentleman I know, and that probably know, Cary (aka Cheezefrog) with the Civic hatch... has put a serious hurt on some very fast cars down in the Houston area. I haven't spoken to him a while but about a year ago there were a couple of videos with him pacing a very fast Heads/Cam Viper (Albert) with that Civic of his. The Viper on heads/cam was a low 11 second car and this Civic was neck and neck with him from a relatively low speed roll-on.

When it comes to doing it all... luxury, power, comfort, prestige, and drivability... you are extremely hard pressed to find any car that can do it like the 55 AMGs. Once the cooling upgrades start to come out you will see these cars really start to get unleashed.

-m
Old 01-08-2005, 01:27 AM

All the points you make are dead on and like you say these cars are the tip of the iceberg as far as the 2JZ go. I do know Cary and his car was awesome there are a few honda guys in houston quite a bit quicker now and cary has since opted out of "the scene" rumor has it though there is something bigger and better in the works knowing him im sure it will be impressive but i guess we will just have to wait and see.

P.S. I've seen that viper run a 10.7 that civic was mean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: E55 vs IS300 Turbo