W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a chance to run above 200kmh with my car yesterday...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 02:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Had a chance to run above 200kmh with my car yesterday...

I was cruizing home from a friend it was around 12:30 at night i Entered 407hwy from bathurs str was going towards yonge strt, Then i see that the highway is totally empty so i said what the hell, and hammered it to the floor from 60km/h And damn in no time i was going 180 then when i saw my exit in about 15 seconds i was going 225 lol, Man that car accelerates like damn train!!! I wish they had an autobahn in Canada so i could enjoy my car more often like this!!!

E55 is the best car i ever had!! My next car should be as powerfull or more powerfull, I really cannot imagine to drive somthing with less then 450 hp !!!
Dont you guys? :v
Old 01-15-2005, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
I was cruizing home from a friend it was around 12:30 at night i Entered 407hwy from bathurs str was going towards yonge strt, Then i see that the highway is totally empty so i said what the hell, and hammered it to the floor from 60km/h And damn in no time i was going 180 then when i saw my exit in about 15 seconds i was going 225 lol, Man that car accelerates like damn train!!! I wish they had an autobahn in Canada so i could enjoy my car more often like this!!!

E55 is the best car i ever had!! My next car should be as powerfull or more powerfull, I really cannot imagine to drive somthing with less then 450 hp !!!
Dont you guys? :v
Be careful on the 407!! You know those damn cops love to patrol that area.

P.S-> I get tempted all the time too.. it's hard to resist when it is clear like that.

I see you are having fun with the E55. I've had all kinds of rocket ship cars but I have to say I am also impressed with how quick the E55 is.

Drive safe.
Old 01-15-2005, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by vrus
Be careful on the 407!! You know those damn cops love to patrol that area.

P.S-> I get tempted all the time too.. it's hard to resist when it is clear like that.

I see you are having fun with the E55. I've had all kinds of rocket ship cars but I have to say I am also impressed with how quick the E55 is.

Drive safe.

Well this was my first time to see an open empty road like that so i took my chances
Old 01-15-2005, 11:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2003 E55 & 2014 GL550
That's about 140 for you MPH types....whew Bob....that's cookin...

How'd it feel.....I've heard the Benz can actually start to smooth out over 130.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Jakpro1
That's about 140 for you MPH types....whew Bob....that's cookin...

How'd it feel.....I've heard the Benz can actually start to smooth out over 130.

Well it feels not as fast and the car feels very stable at that speed next time i wanna touch the speedlimit But whats very cool is that the pull is still there, i was very susprised!!! It just keeps pulling you into the seat!

The fastest i ever got was in my 745 i went all the way to 255 that was at night at a very long strech of the road...

p.s I just can imagine putting E55 engine into CLK55 + LSD + mod the engine closer to 600hp... Maybe one day If i have enough moneny i could pull it off :v
Old 01-16-2005, 12:55 AM

01 clk55 cpe
yippers...at a buck forty the scene on either side starts to blurrr...

When I was at that speed....mortality thoughts start to kick in.
The pulse rate was up there....
Then weird thoughts start to creep in....
Thank god there was some traffic up ahead.

I don't know about you guys, I would really hesitate to run at that speed
in the left lane when there is traffic on the road.

For those of you who have bumped the speedo to 155, under what
circumstances have you done it, at night without cars, some cars, etc...

I would like to hit a buck fiftyfive but what I'll do is have a buddy a couple
of miles ahead of me in the same lane I plan to do it in and have him on the cell speakerphone just to make sure that there are no bogeys and ***** on the road.

At that speed, if anythings in my lane like road kill or those f**king tire threads, they'll just scrape me off the road when I hit it.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by clk55fan

of miles ahead of me in the same lane I plan to do it in and have him on the cell speakerphone just to make sure that there are no bogeys and ***** on the road.

At that speed, if anythings in my lane like road kill or those f**king tire threads, they'll just scrape me off the road when I hit it.

Well when i wanna do a top speed run i ususaly go to an empty road which i know with No cars at all... yesterday there was only one car on the highway and i saw that it was a taxi, plus i did this from one exit to another... And yeah it gives you this kind of udrenalin rush.... I like it... But i'm too afraid to loose my license... My biggest fear of them all!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:41 AM

That is what I thought when I first got me E55 and today. I remember saying, I can't image what my next car would feel like if it had more than 500lbs of torque. But, this torque and HP thing is addicting, and I am already looking forward to the next car with still 2 more years on my current lease.
There should be some hp/torque annoumous group we should go to so we can get unaddicted to the pure joy of driving these cars!
Old 01-16-2005, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by clk55fan

I've also thought about having "firends" with cell phone. What I wanted to do was have one guy at one exit ramp and another at the next, that way i'll know if any cops or traffic is coming onto the road. I have hit 158 mph. There's a 2 lane hwy. on L.I. that runs along the Atlantic Ocean that during the winter is pretty empty. There is also a bridge that you need to cross to get there. No cops able to hide on the bridge so that is pretty "safe". Once on the hwy. I will cruise for a mile or so checking for cops and traffic, make a u-turn and floor it. With my limiter removed top speed should be around 187. Hitting 158, I couldn't imagine having the guts to push it much further. You're right, mortality starts to creep into your head! I will tell you though, the car is still accelerating at 158