Sponsored by:

Drag Racing: Need Input

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:28 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E55, Hummer H2 SUT
Has anyone experimented w/ race gas? Next time I think I'm going to ice the intake, lower air pressure, and try dyno mode, if I can figure out how to get the darn thing in it. Thanks for all the input!
Old 01-28-2005, 10:57 PM

2002 MB E55 AMG
"It was awfully considerate of him to continue for another 250 feet down the track ..."

If you look closely you'll see that *him* was a *her* LOL!

TJC
Old 01-29-2005, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by tjcMBE55AMG
"It was awfully considerate of him to continue for another 250 feet down the track ..."

If you look closely you'll see that *him* was a *her* LOL!

TJC
LOL. I just noticed that because you pointed it out. No helmets either on these drivers. I thought you were required to wear racing helmets at all tracks.
Old 01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by saber
Personally, I would avoid the burn out with the drag redials. The heat built up in the engine with the e55 during the burnout hurts the run more than the better traction helps. My suggestion, lower the airpressure to 22 psi and avoid the water, take the esp off, upon launch half thottle for a fraction of a second and then floor it. You should experiment to see what best suits the track conditions but keep in mind that often your first run will be your best because of heat soak. I understand that track conditions (altitude, temp etc.) have a great effect on performance but if your trap speed is below 114, my opinion is that the computer is managing heat resulting in reduced power (rich fuel mixture, timing etc.). These are just my observations
Speaking of burnouts...how do you guys do yours? I avoid using the brakes as much as possible because I hate replacing brake pads and brake dust gets everywhere, but if you don't use the brakes you start drifting everywhere if you're not careful. So I was just wondering, how do you guys do burnouts?