Sponsored by:

Expected Maintenance Costs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'05 E55
Expected Maintenance Costs

I got a call yesterday from my friendly, neighborhood BMW dealership. The salesperson, aware from their records that the lease on my current car is almost up, wanted me to come in so they could put me in a new BMW. We chatted casually for a bit about cars and I finally told her that I had ordered an E55 and was expecting to receive it shortly. Of course, she went into full-press sales mode, proclaiming the virtues of BMWs over MBs.

One point that she wanted to stress was the difference in maintenance costs. Her claim was that MB does not cover anything and that everything would be out of pocket. It's true that haven't had to pay anything for my current car. In the three years that I've had it, it's been in for service three times (two scheduled services and one for replacement of the brake pads) and total cost to me has been zero. I even went by the dealership early one weekend because of an annoying "check oil" light and they topped off my fluids without any hassle.

My question is to all, both E55 owners specifically and E-class owners generally, is what do you expect your yearly maintenance costs to be? What do you usually pay for the scheduled maintenance (just for oil and parts)?

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL 65 AMG and E63s AMG
Who cares. It doesn't matter. Whatever it cost is worth it. E55 is a bargain. My BMW stays in the shop and doesn't cost anything because it's under warrantee but it's still a PIA to hassle with.