Dead Battery (I think)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 07:03 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55/BMW X54.4/Porsche 914-6 2.8
Dead Battery (I think)

Friday morning I started the car and the display read "Battery Protection Convenience Package Temporarily Unavailable". Whatever that means. Took it to dealer, afraid to shut it off until I got there. They checked it out and called me to say it was not a problem and fixed. It started right up with no "readout".
Last night I get in to go out with my wife and the same readout appears. We take her car. Today it is completely dead. Nothing. Any idea what the heck is going on here. It'll be towed in as soon as possible but it would seem the dealer doesn't have a handle on this.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 C63 Black on Black
Question Dead Battery

I had a dead battery problem a few weeks back. It appears that it was related to my recall for the "Dynamic Brake" recall. Did you just have your E55 in for the brake recall? I posted after the incident and a cuple of others responded that they had the same failure. Completely dead !
Old 01-31-2005, 06:44 PM
Almost a Member!

E55/BMW X54.4/Porsche 914-6 2.8
I did have my car in for the brake recall not long ago. Good information. I'll pass it on to the service dept. at the dealer. I have a funny feeling they don't have a handle on this problem. Thanks a lot.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:04 PM
Banned

every once in a while ill just get a pic of a battery in red in the readout. then the next morning it goes away. who knows