Sponsored by:

iForged wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM
Originally Posted by amirsafdari
HRE/DPE/iForged/etc are high quality CUSTOM wheels, when you compare their finish to NON-Custom high end mass production wheels, they SUCK. This is reality. NO HRE WHEEL IS ABOVE ANY BBS WHEEL in terms of QUALITY.
Are you aware of how many satellite companies BBS makes wheels for and rebrands them under a different name? You may find that there are several cast wheel companies, whose wheels are made by BBS, that make a far inferior product (ie: wheels that bend much more frequently than any HRE wheel would).

And, when it comes down to it, I'd much rather buy HRE and spend a few extra hundred dollars in exchange for proper customer service. Last time I tried to buy IF wheels, it was one of the most nightmarish consumer experiences I've ever gone through...and unfortunately I am not alone in that experience. Please please please... next time you mention HRE and IForged in the same sentence, separate them with something more significant than a backslash.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont think I can say much more here, I've said everything I can related to the topic.

I don't like iForged either, simply due to their CS.

I admitted that taking apart a wheel that had been welded is a bad idea, not actual welding to put it together.

I'm aware of the BBS thing, I was talking about all marketed BBS wheels.

Again, not much more I can say.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Banned

amir...

why dont you go back to knock off school dude...DPE straight up sucks man...from a forged multi piece standpoint..you dont know ish...

the part you are talking about being welded is the outer section rim halves...I was talking about DPE welding their wheel center (yes center) to the one piece wheel outer...hahah..what a joke you are...you dont even know what the helll you are talking about....

sure hre will do it for you, but i dont think they've had many requests to weld their wheel center to their outers....it just hast happended...at least i havent seen it...

so why dont you take your fake rivets...get them gold dipped....have the wheel centers encrusted with cubic zirconia and get ta steppin dude...

hahaha...clowns are everywhere on car forums...one born every minute..
Old 04-06-2005, 07:07 PM
Banned

amirsaf...

by the way...you dont get to choose the lip size on the DPE wheels...they use a one piece outer...and you cant change the size of the lip (outer)....

so whats next? you better move onto the next car forumn dude...you've been pretty much owned here...get lost little boy..
Old 04-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Banned

anybody down with the fake rivets?? man, i'd be pissed if i paid forged wheel prices and got fake rivets!!!! hahahaa.a.a.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Banned

what are you talkiing about "driving in the rain"? DPE uses a one piece outer..so they dont need to weld their outers together....all others companies use 2 pieice outers because of the flexibility...sealing it with industrial grade silicone is not bad.....putting fake rivets and welding your CENTER TO YOUR OUTER is bad.....

so what now sucka?
Old 04-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Banned

so i wonder why almost EVERY other forged wheels manufacturer uses silicone to seal their outers? cause it work? hmmm.... something to think about before you come on here spoutin smack boy
Old 04-07-2005, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by s4avantgarde

so what now sucka?

Nothing, yeah, you have me "owned".

I guess DPE does suck. You are very rare, I have never spoke to anyone that has said ANYTHING negative about DPE. From the E46forums, MANY Porsches, Audi forums, g35 forums, they all love their DPE's, have had zero complaints, and they all seem to prefer it over the outdated HRE's.

Out of allll the people on the forums that praise DPE rims, they are all wrong and just you, are right.

I've explained to you every aspect, and you still cant seem to comprehend it. Certain rims are good for certain peoples needs, the DPE's fit my needs better than HRE's, and because I cannot afford custom 19" BBS LM's, I'm going to go with the product that suits me best. I would take DPE's over HRE's anyday, and I have already done so.

My point throughout this was exactly that, that for certain people, DPE's are a better choice due to their designs which are fresh, and originality, without the rain issues, and leaking issues that HRE is notoriously known for having. I just want to throw rims on my car and drive, and I want a quality product, so I'm going with something forged, and strong. DPE fits the bill perfectly, and for you to straight up just say they "suck" because of that, then maybe you are too young to be judging stuff like this.

Last edited by amirsafdari; 04-07-2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E55TK, '00 Brabus/Kleemann 5.8 GCab, '05 CLK DTM

The difference is that you began arguing that DPE was superior in every aspect to HRE (and that their welding process made them a good company) ... now if you had stuck to your "supposedly" original point that DPE was a better solution FOR YOU and nothing more... you probably wouldn't have gotten such a hard time and forced to recant on your statements.

How about this...let's move on
Old 04-07-2005, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by silversurfer
The difference is that you began arguing that DPE was superior in every aspect to HRE (and that their welding process made them a good company) ... now if you had stuck to your "supposedly" original point that DPE was a better solution FOR YOU and nothing more... you probably wouldn't have gotten such a hard time and forced to recant on your statements.

How about this...let's move on
Can you post where I said as a fact that DPE is superior to HRE?

It is my opinion that it is, which is why i purchased them. Why would I purchase a product that I thought was inferior to another when they are both around the same price range? (under 4k u.s. for 19's in my size)

In terms of finish, I've read that the DPE brushed aluminum IS superior to HRE's brushed aluminum. The materials are the same, and DPE has eliminated the issues of the leaking air as well as the rain issue. Drawbacks are that you have to have your wheels sent to DPE to do any further work on them.

Now it comes down to who you want to believe that DPE finish is better than HRE's, or whether it is REALLY important to you or not that the HRE isnt welded.

Also, you have to realize, I never said any of these products are BAD, they are all quality forged products for their price.

My point was to show S4avantguard that the info he is spreading about DPE in a negative manner, is misleading. That is all.

It's all subjective, which is fine since he is the only person which i have ever read saying that "DPE sucks".

To say "DPE sucks" is pretty stupid in my opinion, thats not how educated consumers describe a product that is in their opinion inferior to another. The fact that he couldnt see the benefits of DPE and what it serves as to their consumers and on his own "standards" being contrary to what they make, his whole thought process and wording is not the best.

It doesnt offend me, but usually on these forums, theres a certain level of understanding you require, and is usually followed which keeps me coming back to this forum.

Reality, is, 99% of HRE customers dont actually take their wheels apart, they just want light, forged, show wheels. THATS IT. For another company to come and cater to the market that doesnt care about taking the wheels apart locally, and would be happy to inherit the benefits of welding, and still want a quality product, I don't see how this would make that company ****ty, or be a company that "sucks".

I don't know how to stress this any further than this.

Last edited by amirsafdari; 04-07-2005 at 02:22 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:20 AM

E46 M3, 05 E55
i just came from a friends house who is currently having problems with DPE, he's been waiting for his wheels..guess if you really want something done right, you'd really have to pay the extra $$$ to avoid the all the headaches

It's all subjective, which is fine since he is the only person which i have ever read saying that "DPE sucks".

Last edited by Teej55; 04-07-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by Teej55
i just came from a friends house who is currently having problems with DPE, he too says DPE sucks but this is because he's been waiting for his wheels for 3 mos now...guess if you really want something done right, you'd really have to pay the extra $$$ to avoid the all the headaches
Thats horrible to hear, I hope DPE isnt taking the iForged pattern with their customer service.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:29 AM

i just came from a friends house who is currently having problems with DPE, he too says DPE sucks but this is because he's been waiting for his wheels for 3 mos now...guess if you really want something done right, you'd really have to pay the extra $$$ to avoid the all the headaches
Does your friend who has been waiting for 3 months have a contact? MSN AIM anything like that?

what style did he order? what size?

sorry, but to be fair, I need to confirm this for myself, I'm having some trouble believing this right now.

Last edited by amirsafdari; 04-07-2005 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:37 AM

E46 M3, 05 E55
it's for an e55 as well, a black one and i think he ordered 20's

Does your friend who has been waiting for 3 months have a contact? MSN AIM anything like that?

what style did he order? what size?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:38 AM

it's for an e55 as well, a black one and i think he ordered 20's
a contact?
MSN? AIM? is he on the forums?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:45 AM

E46 M3, 05 E55
nah, not sure if he does...he's not on the board much

a contact?
MSN? AIM? is he on the forums?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:49 AM

nah, not sure if he does...he's not on the board much
can you ask him? most DPE owners are on the net.
Old 04-07-2005, 02:51 AM

E46 M3, 05 E55
you can aim me at teejlc976 and i can give u more details about it

can you ask him? most DPE owners are on the net.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:49 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by Ray J
dtxmob,
the car you are referring to is mine and I am selling the wheels if anyone is interested!

Here are the pics: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMmbJm1ZsWrEug

thanks
ray

Ray, I sent you an email (to your hotmail account). My email address is tofumann@aol.com.

Look forward to your reply.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:53 PM

///E63V10 ///F80CS ///Can-Am X3 XRS
TeeJ, your friend is disappointed with DPE because of the wait time or the wheels?
Old 04-07-2005, 03:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i just came from a friends house who is currently having problems with DPE, he's been waiting for his wheels..guess if you really want something done right, you'd really have to pay the extra $$$ to avoid the all the headaches
With all do respect Teej, I know the full side of this story in which in all do fairness needs to be said for everyone to know. This way they can make a unbiased judgement.

The problem is not with DPE, but with the retailer (who I may add is no longer a retailer). The retailer for one did not turn over the order for a few weeks to DPE. Second, when the order was placed, a down payment according to DPE policy is required. No down payment was given. In fact, the retailer owed the consumer some money/credit so the consumer stated to use this money towards a down payment for the wheels. No down payment was made to DPE. Thus according to policy, the wheels should not have been rolled into production, but nonetheless because DPE wants to help the consumer, they started the wheels.

Let's already take into account the wheels are already 2-3wks in production according to the consumer. The consumer has no idea the retailer submitted it 2-3wks after they said they would (without the down payment).

Then the consumer decides to tell the retailer that they want to change the wheels size from 20's to 19's. The 20's (already in production) were stopped. DPE made the change to 19's, thus starting all over again. DPE notified the retailer to communicate this to the consumer.

So the real issue is not with DPE, but with the retailer (who is no longer an authorized dealer) and lack of communication with them. One must be careful before posting things of this nature without the full story because it can be detrimental to a company's reputation.

Hope that helps and clears things.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Banned

yo amir..

i didnt mean to come off like an a$$hole..but in all fairness...from a business standpoint..i thnk DPE should disclose that they weld their centers to their outers..because i know of a handfull of people that are pissed now that they are going to get theiir centers refinished or lips re polished.....and if the best you have is that you "read" that DPE's finish is superior to HRE..than you have another thing coming...HRE does their finishing in house now, but used to use speedway which is one of the best if not the best wheel finisher out there...hre just decided to go in house to avoid overhead costs...

My only point is.if you're paying for a forged multil piece wheel and get a welded, fake riveted wheel, which ALL dpe products are, i think DPE should disclose that to the customer ahead of time..not let the customer find out after they've purchased the wheel.

and btw, bbs lm's arent a custom fitment wheel, thats why alot of people end up having to use spacers to fit them on many cars....they only make a few offsets in both 18 and 19" sizes bro.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by s4avantgarde
amirsaf...

by the way...you dont get to choose the lip size on the DPE wheels...they use a one piece outer...and you cant change the size of the lip (outer)....

so whats next? you better move onto the next car forumn dude...you've been pretty much owned here...get lost little boy..
With all do respect s4avantgarde, the lip size on DPE wheels are customizable depending on the offset. Here's something you should take a look at straight out from iForged:

"There are two types of 2pc. wheels. They are 2pc wheels were the barrel is one piece and the center is bolted into a flange on the barrel. This method is starting to be phase out because it is very limited in the offset dept.

There is also a 2pc. wheel that is welded together. I see this as the new trend, because you can offer a wide range of offsets. Billet Companies such as Boyd Coddington have been welding aluminum for 20 years. Many Japanese wheel companies are also following the trend. I have seen Racing Hart, Rays Engineering [Volk], Piaa, as well as some other famous brands using this technology. Welding aluminum is not as easy as steel, and takes an expert welder to get the job done."

Link: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...5&postcount=13
Old 04-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Banned

lowryder,

for a single vehicle application with say..big brake kit..wheels with a one piece outer system which dpe uses are not interchangeable on the lip size because you have a fixed register where the center bolts/(in dpes' case welds to) If they were to use the 2 piece outers then they would have lip adjustability.
Old 04-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Banned

Most japanese wheel companies (ie volk,work,racing hart) use cast center sections welded to the one piece outer...this is a whole new ballgame...just a really inexpensive way to make wheels...most outers for these applications are spun, not forged.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: iForged wheels