Got Check engine light ON!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Got Check engine light ON!

Yesterday i got check engine light on, but for somereason i thought it was fuel pump, and i was too lazy to check in a manual, I didnt notice any difference in performance or anything like that, went to the MB service today and they said if I dont see power loss it's nothing serious, but i'm gonna drop it off tomorow so they can take a look!

Maybe it's because i'm giving it a hard time?

We'll see tomorow i guess!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by BoBcanada
Yesterday i got check engine light on, but for somereason i thought it was fuel pump, and i was too lazy to check in a manual, I didnt notice any difference in performance or anything like that, went to the MB service today and they said if I dont see power loss it's nothing serious, but i'm gonna drop it off tomorow so they can take a look!

Maybe it's because i'm giving it a hard time?

We'll see tomorow i guess!
It's probably carbon build-up... I know just the remedy.. Take it on a nice clear road, bring it up to 240/h or 250km/h and run it for 20min at that speed.. It should clear right up!! (kidding)

It's probably an O2 sensor that isnt reading properly or some bad gas.. Go through the current tank of gas and put some Sunoco 94 in it.. If it doesnt go away ask dealer to do a Star Diagnostic scan on it.

Good luck!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by vrus
It's probably carbon build-up... I know just the remedy.. Take it on a nice clear road, bring it up to 240/h or 250km/h and run it for 20min at that speed.. It should clear right up!! (kidding)

It's probably an O2 sensor that isnt reading properly or some bad gas.. Go through the current tank of gas and put some Sunoco 94 in it.. If it doesnt go away ask dealer to do a Star Diagnostic scan on it.

Good luck!
Cannot be bad gas, i went through 3-4 tanks of 94 sanoco, so must be somthing else!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 Porsche 997TT
Originally Posted by vrus

Good luck!
Did just that today. Broke my personal best of 157 and hit 160. Only for a few seconds though. Usually do a few loops and u-turns to check for cops but didn't today. Couldn't take the chance of an extended run at those speeds.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:54 PM

03 E55 k2; Ford GT
If the check engine light was reset (turned off) on your quick stop at the dealer just forget about it unless it comes on again. My came on and there was no difference in performance so to avoid a trip to the dealer just to reset the light I disconnected the ECU for one minute and the light went off. That was a month ago and it never came back on.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
My light blinked on a few weeks ago as well. I'm planning to hit the dealer soon.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
none
My check engine light came on and went off after a restart. Took it to the dealer and they said my crank position sensor was bad.