Stay away from Mercedes Benz of Fort Lauderdale & Mercedes Benz of Miami

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 01:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Duane

sorry if this is a repeat..Call your CC company and tell them the charge was unauthorized, you did not get the service you were promised. Let the Credit card company dispute this and perhaps the dealership rather than fight will get the bill to a more reasonable level.Also your local Ag should be notified as well as the BBB of your complaint. You were rooked in several ways and what would have happened to your car had you been unable to obtain 5500?

Do it , most likely they have a history of complaints and rip offs.
Old 03-13-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 SL65
juicee55...

i believe the CC issuer will require the cardholder to attempt every reasonable remedy before disputing the charge.

when disputing the charge, the CC issuer likely will require submission of documentation to back-up your claim.

so, you probably must go through a process roughly similar to that described previously in advance of a dispute.

the good part is that once a dispute has been submitted to and validated by the CC issuer, the charge likely will not have to be paid for the duration of the investigative period, which may last up to 90 days.

i don't know certainly, but do believe that the disputed amount will be applied to your credit limit.

i am also uncertain whether the disputed amount will affect your FICO as a carried balance (of course, it may not be material in your situation). and whether interest will be applied to any amount not granted to you when a decision is rendered.

hope this is helpful.

david
Old 03-13-2005, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
488 GTB
Thanks for the response, I already disputed it with amex and they said it was a frivlous claim on my part.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Wow, amex is usually a good card to use the dispute process. I am suprised, I would dispute it again sying you did not authorize the amount of the repair and the only reason you submitted the payment was to obtain your vehicle with full intent of a dispute. They also can remove the charge while you pursue the dealership through your local Attorney General. I have been rejected by amex in letter form in the past , called back in and re-opened an investigation. They do suspend the amount due during the investigation and perhaps this will give you enough time to find some illegality with the invoice, estimate, insurance, warranty etc.. I would of assumed you would have been covered by the warranty 100%. Anyway sory for the continued ramble but I hate seeing folks being ripped off.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 378 Likes on 244 Posts
'22 Alpina B7,'21 G63 Renntech obviously (wife), Wrangler(kids)
I have such a good service experience here,that I would probably never move anywhere, after hearing all these horror stories .
Old 03-14-2005, 12:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 140 Likes on 107 Posts
ML350
Originally Posted by absent
I have such a good service experience here,that I would probably never move anywhere, after hearing all these horror stories .
That sounds great for you. Congrats Mr. absent.

But regarding the original thread, did i miss something, or did the service guy tell you $2200 OR LESS cuz he said he would work with you, and THEN charged you $5500 on the spot without even a phone call? Also, i would figure AMEX would say no right off the bat. Call again and again and again. Hopefully you have a relative who is an attorney or a good friend to ask. This is definitley bogus and i would be royally pissed off, and would make it my mission in life to set this mtf straight.

T
Old 11-30-2012, 02:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
So glad to see your post tonight! I'm moving to Ft. Lauderdale next weekend and need to get B Service done soon. Any idea what Pompano or West Palm Beach MB dealers are charging for this service? Costs $350 if I have it done here before I put the car on the Auto Transport. Thanks!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
none
Welcome to South Florida!
However if you noticed this thread was over 7 years old....

However Mike Ferraro is still there as a service advisor. Mike Ferraro used to be a corvette salesman if you were inclined to know. Autonation owns most of the Mercedes Benz dealers in the metro miami/fort lauderdale area and they suck.

I used Almog Veig who is very,very cool and extremely knowledgeable on Mercedes, AMG, and the SLR. Unfortunately i think he moved to MB Delray Beach.

If you're looking for service for your MB, go see Tino at his shop in Hollywood
He's a certified master tech and used to work at MB of Miami for several years.
Everyone i sent to him goes back. For Service B i think its around $250.

http://starmotors.wix.com/page