Question on AMG Challenge vs. Graduate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 08:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Question on AMG Challenge vs. Graduate

Guys - I signed up for the AMG Challenge event in CT but am wondering if I would be better off doing the graduate event instead. I did the Skip Barber one day driving school at Lime Rock in 2001 and the NASCAR experience at Pocono Raceway this past September.

Is the Challenge event sufficiently "fun"? I am planning on doing the graduate event next year, but don't want to waste $1,195 to be treated like an eighty/eighteen year old driver either. Any thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Porsche 997TT
I'm sure you'll get lots of other opinions. I did the "basic" last year at Homestead and had a great day. We were definitely not treated like 80/18 yr. olds. You could go as fast and hard as you wanted. The straightaway at homestead allowed you to get to 140 +, something you could not do at Pocono, and i'm concerned we won't be able to do at lime rock. I don't think the straight at lime rock is long enough to allow the car to reach those speeds. The E55 is fast, but not that fast! Perhaps someone with experience at lime rock can chime in.

I'm actually doing the basic again and the graduate the next day. What the hell, it's only money right? I just think it will be fun to have an extra day and really get to know the track and get as much out of the car and myself as I can. From looking at the webpage it looks like the graduate will just expand on the basic with specifically the "drift" car which was not at the basic.

I just read your thread again and realized that you have already driven lime rock. So, how long is the straight!! LOL
Old 02-15-2005, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E55
Originally Posted by cte430

I just read your thread again and realized that you have already driven lime rock. So, how long is the straight!! LOL
Thanks, Cte. The straight is not very long. I was told that my skip barber dodge did about 110 on the straight. I guess we should probably be in the same area. Turn one is pretty tight, so you need to scrape off quite a bit of speed at the end of the straight.