W211 AMG Discuss the W211 AMG's such as the E55 and the E63
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slow out there? Any good Drags latley? Love my E55.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
Slow out there? Any good Drags latley? Love my E55.

With the RE market on the rise in Orange County California I have been working 24/7 and have not got in any good runs latley.

Has any one out there got any new stories?

My 2005 E55 is running very strong, it now has 4100 miles on it. I love the drag tires for street use. I run with traction control off all day every where I go. The other day I was running the car a little and I caught a red light had to stop purdy hard, but just as the nose of the car was at full down load and as coming to a complete stop, the light turns green. From a dead digg I flat footed gas pedel. The car hook so so so hard and violent that it almost shuttered and then lauched. It was perfect timing and weight transfer, all the load was on the back wheels. yes, Traction control was off and Drag Radials were nice and hot.
Old 02-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by draggingcents2
With the RE market on the rise in Orange County California I have been working 24/7 and have not got in any good runs latley.

Has any one out there got any new stories?

My 2005 E55 is running very strong, it now has 4100 miles on it. I love the drag tires for street use. I run with traction control off all day every where I go. The other day I was running the car a little and I caught a red light had to stop purdy hard, but just as the nose of the car was at full down load and as coming to a complete stop, the light turns green. From a dead digg I flat footed gas pedel. The car hook so so so hard and violent that it almost shuttered and then lauched. It was perfect timing and weight transfer, all the load was on the back wheels. yes, Traction control was off and Drag Radials were nice and hot.
Just wanted to ask you how you like the G-Force tires? I was thinking of buying a set and putting them on my stock rims to use when I need them.

Or, do you think they would be a good tire to run all the time? I was going to put Pilot Sport2 on my 19" aftermarket wheels, but was wondering how the G-Force are as an every day tire?

Would appreciate your comments on them.. wet, dry, traction, etc..

Thanks!
Old 02-17-2005, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55
G- Force tires

The tires are great for dry and are awsome in the wet but in a down poor the suck. They hydroplane very easy. I will drive on wet but if it is poring then I do not drive E55. I was driving it in rain other day and the drag tire hook up better then my GS400 with new AVS sports on them and 200 hp less and 300 lbs of tq less. So I was impressed with them in the wet as well.

On the dry pavment I never spinn tires.