2010 e63 - squeaking noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 03:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E63, Obsidian Black, P2, Pano
2010 e63 - squeaking noise

Hey folks,

This is a great site getting e63 owners / enthusiasts together and sharing information. Going forward, I hope I can share some of my experiences as well.

I purchased my 2010 e63 about 2 weeks ago and frankly, I am new to the AMG world. I only have 460 KM but have been impressed with the ride quality as an everyday car given the potential performance I look forward to unleashing.

Quick question, especially when the engine is still cold, when I drive over a speed bump or when the car moves up and down, I hear a small squeak I believe from the inside driver's side somewhere near the dash. Maybe I'm a bit **** but it's bothering me. I dropped by the service center and was told the potential problem can be from the a-pillar cover and it was adjusted. I'm still getting the small noise.

Has anyone experienced something similar and could this be a noise coming from the suspension or bushing?

I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

Many thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jsnchng
Hey folks,

This is a great site getting e63 owners / enthusiasts together and sharing information. Going forward, I hope I can share some of my experiences as well.

I purchased my 2010 e63 about 2 weeks ago and frankly, I am new to the AMG world. I only have 460 KM but have been impressed with the ride quality as an everyday car given the potential performance I look forward to unleashing.

Quick question, especially when the engine is still cold, when I drive over a speed bump or when the car moves up and down, I hear a small squeak I believe from the inside driver's side somewhere near the dash. Maybe I'm a bit **** but it's bothering me. I dropped by the service center and was told the potential problem can be from the a-pillar cover and it was adjusted. I'm still getting the small noise.

Has anyone experienced something similar and could this be a noise coming from the suspension or bushing?

I would appreciate any comments or feedback.

Many thanks!
I used to have a similar sound on my W211 E63 and was annoying me as well, but mine seemed like it was coming from the interior Does yours sound like it was coming from the outside or inside?
Old 05-04-2010, 10:44 PM

Thanks for your reply. It seems like this creaking noise is coming from the inside, driver's side. The creaking noise also seems to happen less frequently as the car warms up (and this is the reason I thought it may be bushing related).

It's annoying and I would love to fix this; help!

Thanks again for your comments.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jsnchng
Thanks for your reply. It seems like this creaking noise is coming from the inside, driver's side. The creaking noise also seems to happen less frequently as the car warms up (and this is the reason I thought it may be bushing related).

It's annoying and I would love to fix this; help!

Thanks again for your comments.
I had the exact same symptoms on my car. I would hear very minor cracking noise when the car is very cold, then it would almost disappear when the car warmed up. The dealer thought it was a lose clip or two behind the dash although even when they fixed it, it never completely went away. Then all of a sudden, it stopped by itself I will check back my service records and see exactly what they did.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:58 PM

Thanks so much for your reply. I would really appreciate any service record feedback that you can provide so that I can go back to the service center with something. It does seem like it is coming from the driver's side dash...

Again, many thanks for your help!