Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 11:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
everything
Originally Posted by zisbenz
WOW!
I was looking into purchasing the tune from Powerchip at the time I picked up my car, but decided against Powerchip tuning my car after I spoke to a person who answered the phone called Wayne. What a strange businessman.... It is interesting hearing that others had a negative Powerchp experience also. I guess others who have a Powerchip tuned W212 E63 will ask if thier car feels faster or tuned??
racer M, did you ever get a dynograph printout from Powerchip to support their claims as they said?
Why is it always so painfully obvious when a fake gintani/oe tuning account chimes in? It's always a recent addition to the forum who has had some random posts/discussion to look legit and half their posts are about ecu tunes of competitors being bad? Wayne lives in Australia, he doesn't pick up the phone at powerchip, unless you are one of the 10 people in Australia who have a w212 E63 I doubt that this has any merit. Also if you read the thread, the dyno graphs are posted in a link I posted, try a little harder to deceive people Jeremy/oe tuning/gintani employee.

Originally Posted by i_am_amused
awesome... dropping the ****-bomb.

NO TUNE FOR YOU!

Originally Posted by Vic55
My car has nothing to do with the OP's car, I was dyno'd on a different day in different conditions with 1k miles- my files were never transferred to the other test car. My car was dyno'd stock, read, redyno'd with tune and I drove home to get beers.

see above and see my thread too- their dyno got a new software update and that made the numbers even lower. I have no issue coming in 30 hp less, my goal was to see what the gains were with a tune within 15 minutes of a stock dyno and I got it. The car was not moved off the dyno nor were the fans adjusted. My temps were less than 100 degrees but not much less.
Interesting because the OP told me on the phone when I challenged his claim that an actual stock file was put in as we and the dealer can return it to byte for byte 100% stock, that the stock file was donated from your car. He claimed it has to be the same software version and everything because they just popped it in and were in awe of their findings. He also said your cars were there at the same time not dyno'd two weeks apart, his justification to me was that he saw your car there. Not trying to give you a hard time vic, just letting you know what my assumptions are based on what I was told by the OP on the phone and what I know.

Matt @ PC
Old 09-10-2010, 12:06 PM
PREMIER SPONSOR

None fast enough!
Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
Is it possible that OE tuning had a stock E63 file because Vic's car was also tuned there? I'm sure they pulled his stock file before tuning his car. Is it not possible to put Vic's stock file on the OPs E63? That would lead me to the question of who's car was tuned first? The OP's or Vic's?

It's also possible that neither the OP's nor Vic's E63 was the first W212 E63 that they've tuned, and they already had a stock file.

Or maybe I have no clue what I'm talking about, which is absolutely possible.
No, this is not possible. There is a lot of encryption and security. You cannot take a file from one car and put it in another, that would be akin to pulling the DME from one car and seeing if it works in the other.

You can take the file from one car (tuned or stock), go through it and see what was altered and overlay it in another ECU, but that is not a quick process.

thanks
brad
Old 09-10-2010, 01:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
E63 P30, CL500 Sport
Originally Posted by jonmartin
No they were about 2 weeks apart and I kinda touched on that earlier. How you strap a car down can also make a difference in the numbers. Also Vics car has 20" Wheels that can possibly change the way the dyno reads (rolling diameter). The important part is that the gain was almost the same on two different cars without removing the cars from the dyno during tuning changes. Any real tuner will tell you if you unstrap a car from a rolling dyno can change the final numbers and will make any numbers after that useless to compare to previous dyno results especially 2 weeks apart. If you read the the OP's dyno chart all the runs were done in 100degree weather vs Vics car which was likely cooler.
I understand the 20" wheel theory and maybe the software update on the dyno theory but just not the "strapped down differently" theory so I have to disagree with you there. I've been dynoing my cars for the past 12 years and almost every single time I dynoed the cars, they've been strapped down differently (sometimes too tight and some times a bit lose), and we have never found any significant difference in hp between them what so ever. Maybe a couple of hp at most but that's about it.

Please don't believe me on this. Take your car to any dyno shop. Then strap the car one way and dyno it, then re-strap it a different way and dyno it again and see the difference for yourself.

On another note, most skilled dyno operators are very consistent between strap downs. Alex and his crew at Gintani are very skilled and I would doubt that the variation between their strap down methods is that great to begin with
Old 09-10-2010, 01:57 PM

Mystery M3
Originally Posted by racer m
We put the car on the dyno at Gintani and did a baseline with the PC tune and then runs with the car re-flashed to stock.
How do you know your car was flashed back to stock? That's an old tuner's trick to have "stock flashes" sitting around that have been modified and then to use them whenever they want to show somebody that a competitor's tune makes less power than stock. Like I said, it's one of the oldest tricks in the books. Then to show that their tune makes even more power, they usually adjust the dyno correction factors without the car owner knowing about it.

Here's a Dyno DIY that explains a lot of this.
http://www.bimmertech.info/dyno-diy/

Never in my life have I ever dealt with someone so unprofessional, rude, and assuming. After reading some of the posts he has made on the internet, while representing his company, I can't even comprehend how Powechip can remain in business.
Just curious if you did the same due dilligence about Gintani and OE tuning? It sounds like you're pretty happy with them, but did you actually do the same searches? IMO, the stuff I've read them doing pales in comparison to your experiences with PC. Just curious if Wayne called you and threatened violence or said on a public forum that you could lick his *****. Because if he didn't, then this story is nothing compared to what the other guys are doing. Then of course there's the whole $500k lawsuit from the football player too. Everybody wants to just ignore that and act like what they did doesn't even matter.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
This is turning into the peanut gallery fight... OP posted, PC posted and its time to close.

FYI- they video'd my car too- nothing more than a camera filming my car on a dyno with no other intention than to show the before and after.

Take your personal agendas to PM or some other medium. And PG I could care less if it read 400hp or 300hp, I just wanted unmanipulated numbers of before and after. You seem to have an agenda with jon since your history shows nothing here in regards to MBZ posts.