Big problems with Merc Dubai, need to contact Merc Germany

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 02:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E63 AMG 2010
Big problems with Merc Dubai, need to contact Merc Germany

Hello guys,

I have had a series of problems with Mercedes Dubai ever since I have received my E63 in April. With the car being 100% healthy and problem-free (apart from a "Right Windowbag Malfunction", which was there since day 1), I took it to the first service at 13000 kms, the car came back to me with really intense engine vibrations, you could literally feel your body shake on the seat when in idle. I returned it, and 3 days later I received it again.. engine vibrations were reduced a lot, but the car had rubber deposits / streaks on its sideskirts, mainly just aft of the front wheels but also the back wheels.. that is definitely NOT something you want to see taking your car out from the Mercedes workshop?! There was also a missing bolt from the air filter covers, but I realized that much later when I was about to fit my ITG air filter.

A couple of weeks later, the workshop called me again and said that the spare parts for the right airbag were here and they wanted to fix it onto my car. So I took my car in and it stayed with them for 3 days. When I collected it, the car was extremely dirty from inside, it had dust and sand all over the right hand seat and door from the inside. Also, a bit of the paint was chipped off the front-left corner of the car, as if someone had hit something lightly there, or as if its been scraped off. On top of that, one side of my electric rear blind was no longer working. The cable and connections seemed to have been ripped right out of its socket.. now I have NO CLUE as to why they would even go to the rear of the car to fix the front right seats airbag... and I wouldnt know either why they would have to handle that blind with such force as to rip it out of its socket?

I would just like to know who the best person to contact for these problems with Gargash Mercedes in Dubai. Its not only me, often when I am there I can see people shouting at the workshop manager for taking their cars in with no problems and them coming out with many serious ones.

Is it best if I contact BMW Germany? Daimler? Phone or Email? Any ideas guys?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Sounds terrible, awful customer service. I would start here:

http://www.mideast.mercedes-benz.com...ogue_home.html
Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 PM

'05 CL65
I had no idea they were that bad at Gargash (but have had similar experience with Al Tayer). This makes me think twice about switching back to a Merc again over here as its not like we have a choice of dealer.. good luck getting it sorted out.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:46 PM

E63 AMG 2010
Thanks for the help big ben, ive sent them and MB Germany my complaint.

Ezah, unfortunately Gargash is the worst dealership in the UAE pretty much. I knew that before I got my E63, but to be honest I thought people were exaggerating. I can now see that they werent... Ive tried BMW and Porsche before and they arent half as bad as Gargash is.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 911S (garage queen) '13 X3 (family hauler)
not sure if you can join the AMG Private Lounge, but if you are a member email or PM the moderators there, I sent them an email about an issue I was having and MB made everything right--after the PL guys talked to whomever.
Give that a shot, they seem to have some pull.
Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience--just do what you can to bad mouth that dealership to everyone you know and eventually it will catch up to them--just don't bring your car back to them again.

I'd be so mad if this was done to my car, not sure if you could sue them (in the US or your country), but you could always go to the press with a story like this if you know someone? Can't you hire someone to go bury them in the desert?
Old 11-22-2010, 10:30 AM

2010 E63, Obsidian Black, P2, Pano
I'm sorry to hear about your bad service experience. Just to address the vibration issue, I had the same problem after the service center overfilled the Mobil 1 engine oil. Perhaps your vibration issue can be unrelated but in my case, I watched them flush out the engine oil and refill at the correct level. The service technicians paid particular attention to oil levels based on engine/oil temperature. With the 'correct' engine oil level, I am now free of the vibrations. I hope this helps.