W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

Anyone Upgrade Sound System in a W212 E63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2011 | 01:44 PM

E63 W212
Smile Anyone Upgrade Sound System in a W212 E63?

Hello everyone.

Just joined MBworld after getting my 2010 E63 last month after 8 month wait, and this is my first post, i am still exploring the car, first German purchase after driving for Japanese cars for 10 years and long comparison with BMW 550i series. was waiting for the M5, but thought the interior will depress me after checking out in their current range (550i) which i suppose will be same for the M5.

Looking to see if anyone has had any success upgrading the sound system in a W212 E63? i have the harman kardon sound package upgrade along with navigation, but i am not satisfy with the bass or the sound, so was looking if anyone was able to add amplifier and woofer to the sophisticated system.

Just had the car for a month now, ordered vorsteiner V6E body kit, arriving end of this month, will post the pic after installed. i am based in Hong Kong, but would welcome comments from anywhere, anyone.

Greatly appreiciate your time and cooperation.

Johnny
Old 12-06-2011 | 04:35 PM

2019 E63s Polar White
Yo can install an amp and sub which would tap into your back speakers. I did that in my old G. I was gonna do it in my 550 coupe but MB is to classy I think for that.
Old 12-06-2011 | 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Welcome. I'm kind of in the same boat with my first German car purchase 2 weeks ago being a W212 E63. I have been driving Japanese cars for 18 years.

Well, I'm based in the USA. I'm fine with the sound system that comes with the P2 package. But it's just me. It's nice for me already. Just hope I have something similar inside the house.
Old 12-09-2011 | 03:18 AM

2010 E63 AMG
Don't compare to other sound systems your E class and enjoy the way it sounds. To me, Upgrades are useless. The way car interior is structured, and speaker placements, it not gonna get too much better. E and CLS are the worst in terms of acoustics. C and S class are the best.
I've tried several things and nothing helped much. At the end I decided just to stick with the stock. Another reason for my decision is that I plan to get upcoming M5 next year, so I decided not to bother any more. I've spent over 4K in E class sound upgrades and wasn't satisfied.