Sponsored by:

Paint Scratch/Chip Repair

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 01:27 PM

Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
--
Paint Scratch/Chip Repair

I'm still debating all the available mail order kits for paint repair, but was wondering if anyone in the NY area knew of a great body shop that could save me the hassle, and give me like new results, for a reasonable price and turnaround time.

Manhattan area, preferred.

Also, if anyone has a strong opinion for the some of the mail order kits, please pass on your experiences. I've historically used the ole factory provided paint brushes provided by MB dealers, but the application method is so far from ideal, i won't go that route again.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:00 PM

Received 95 Likes on 70 Posts
'06 E55
If the scratch catches your nail then you are screwed..If it's a solid color (black/white/red) you might be able to touch it up but with metallic colors you would have to sand the damage area/color the scratch and clear coat the entire panel,ask me how i know.
For the records,i just passed on a very rare silver car with 2 scratches (1"-2")on the rear q-panel that no body shop in NY will touch it besides doing the entire panel.
LMK if you do find some one that could sand/color and repair the damage..
GL
Old 06-12-2011, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 63,E55 (gone) E46 ///M ,B5 stage 3 S4 ,E36 ///M , 03 EVO (800 WHP)
honestly i have good friends that own one of top body shops on the eastcoast right here in westchester. but i will warn you they are pricey . but u will get like new results. at any given day u can drive by and see a combo of 15-20 exotics - Ferrarri , lambo bently ect.

J&B autobody on beach street in mt. vernon ny