Sponsored by:

Getting new tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'12 e63 p30
Getting new tires

Hey everyone, I'm starting to look at new tires and I have heard good things about the Michelin PSS. What do you guys like? I want something pretty soft with a lot of grip but not over the top so I don't wear them out in a single day if I decide to light up the tires. BTW I have a 2012 e63. Also, could I fit 295 or 305? I have heard that these fit.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 03-24-2012, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Can't go wrong with Michelin PSS.
Old 03-25-2012, 12:09 AM

'12 e63 p30
Originally Posted by otakki
Can't go wrong with Michelin PSS.
Would you happen to know if a 305 would fit this car with no rubbing? Also, if you have PSS's, how do you like them compared to other tires
Old 03-25-2012, 11:39 AM

2011 E63
I was told that 305s would not fit. Are you planning on using the stock rims? My experience is with 20 inch rims.

I was thinking about the pilot SS also but wound up with the Hankook V12. The PSS are definately better for the track but the Hankook were a better compromise. They were quieter and rode better, which for me was more important for 90% of my driving. They were very similar to the stock continentals that came with the car but with better wet and dry grip.

If you are looking for the best grip / handling, do allot of spirit driving and are not as concerned with ride quality and noise, I would say go get the PSS. If you want a "softer" ride and will give up a bit of road handling to achieve this, then the Hankooks, in my opinion would be better.

Hope this was helpful.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:53 PM

'12 e63 p30
Originally Posted by diononiz
I was told that 305s would not fit. Are you planning on using the stock rims? My experience is with 20 inch rims.

I was thinking about the pilot SS also but wound up with the Hankook V12. The PSS are definately better for the track but the Hankook were a better compromise. They were quieter and rode better, which for me was more important for 90% of my driving. They were very similar to the stock continentals that came with the car but with better wet and dry grip.

If you are looking for the best grip / handling, do allot of spirit driving and are not as concerned with ride quality and noise, I would say go get the PSS. If you want a "softer" ride and will give up a bit of road handling to achieve this, then the Hankooks, in my opinion would be better.

Hope this was helpful.
Very helpful, thank you
Old 03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Originally Posted by joshb63
Would you happen to know if a 305 would fit this car with no rubbing? Also, if you have PSS's, how do you like them compared to other tires
Sorry, don't have PSS yet but I tend to read reviews in advance on what I need to get since tire is one of those things where replacement can happen at a blink of an eye. The ratings on PSS from Consumers' magazines and from users are so far superior compared to the next rival it is pretty much an easy pick; of course except for the noise and ride quality as mentioned earlier. Anyway, PSS is currently what I plan to get after the Conti's wear out.

Not sure about the 305 but I also have a feeling that rubbing is going to occur.

The previous post on Hankook is good info. Hankooks are definitely good bang for the buck. That is also good to take into consideration.