W212 AMG Discuss the W212 AMG's such as the E63

AMG advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2012 | 11:09 PM

2012 E350 Coupe
AMG advice

Hello everyone!

I am posting this across a few of the AMG forums on MB world so please forgive me. I need some advice.

I am a former E92 BMW M3 owner. I recently traded in that car for a new 2012 E350 coupe which I love. I think I have now become I Benz guy. I love everything about MB and really appreciate how much better it is to be a MB owner compared to a BMW owner, IMO.

Problem is, I miss the power and performance of the M3. I now regret to some degree, not getting the E550. In every other way, the E coupe is much better than my M3. I only have 1000 miles on my E coupe but can't even think what kind of depreciation I will face if I try to trade it in for let's say a new C63. I am sure we are talking somewhere of at least $5-10K.

I thought I had was to get a older AMG for somewhere around $20-25K so that I can have my performance car on weekends or for joy rides. For a daily driver, the E coupe is perfect.

So, with that in mind, what should I do? Try to trade the E coupe back in or find a nice used AMG. If the latter, then which one do you guys suggest? I would be the only one driving. I am basically looking for something comparable to the M3. Any other suggestions are appreciated. If you want to call me crazy, then that's fine as well

Thanks,
Jay
Old 03-31-2012 | 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i drive them all, fast and hard
you talk about how the e350 is so much better than the m3, can u expand and tell us what specifically you speak of, im curious

in terms of a 20K amg, get a c55
Old 03-31-2012 | 07:54 AM

2012 E350 Coupe
I should have explained better. My old M3 was base as it gets. It had the DCT but that was it. No iPod integration, no nav, no power seats even. As far as creature comforts go, the Benz is a winner. The luxury factor for not even comparable between MB and BMW. Now, I just want to up the performance factor.
Old 04-02-2012 | 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Sounds like you have one of those track version M3 without anything fancy. Obviously it's hard to beat the E Couple in terms of creature comfort. Of course, you went from a V8 to a V6 so it's a big change in performance, especially changing from an M3. C55 as mentioned above would fit the bill.

It is just really hard to decide at this point when you got the E coupe new. You are really going to get hit with a mega depreciation with any new MB... Personally, I would just cut the loss as early as possible and trade in for a C63 and let it be a lesson learned. The longer you wait, the more you're going to lose.
Old 04-02-2012 | 09:21 PM

Porsche 991 GT3, 2012 cls63 Kleemann K3
C63 is very well liked , IF its big enough for you, for me it was too small. and you get that glorious 6.3(2) L n/A engine. !!! everyone drools over.

trade the e for a new c63 sedan. still most of the comforts. def way more than your m3
Old 04-03-2012 | 11:29 AM

2015 C63S
I'd wait for a CPO C63 to show up and trade in on that. You are going to loose a lot on the E coupe and going to loose a lot on a new C63. So might as well at least let someone else take the hit. If you had another car to drive then I'd maybe consider just selling the E coupe now and doing an ED on a new C63. I know last month they were offering EDs on them and assume still are.