Sponsored by:

painted chrome trim around windows and belt moldings

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 10:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E55 drowned/ 2011 CTS-v coupe gone/ 2012 E63 PP,LSD finally here
painted chrome trim around windows and belt moldings

[IMG][/IMG]Hey I am getting ready to have my chrome belt moldings on the doors and the chrome drip rail moldings above the side windows painted in black that will match the trim that runs vertically between the front and rear doors, as it stands I bought 4 new door moldings and new right and left drip rail moldings, once the new ones are painted I will swap out the original chrome ones and install the already painted new ones, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying my originals that I will also have professionally refinished in black, that way you could get them from me and just remove your chrome ones and install a set that is already painted black, I think these cars look so much better with the belt moldings and the drip rail moldings refinished in black, also I bought a new set of side markers for my car and am painting them the body color (steel gray) so I will have an extra set and could paint them any color you would like to match your particular body color, if there is someone with a 212 who would be interested please contact me as soon as you can, I will post pics of my car after everything is painted and installed, also I am getting my windows tinted 35% this week and the blacked out trim looks so good when the windows are tinted[IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG] here is a pic of a members car that has had these same trim pieces painted black, this is the exact same look I am going for with my car so if anybody is interested in getting these moldings already professionally painted black and ready for install along with a set of side markers painted your body color just PM me and we can work something out, thank you.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
07 M6 | 09 RX-8 | 07 LGT Wagon | 17 Bolt

Did the same on my car.
It is a vast improvement in appearance.

After tinting the windows the stupid Auto Dimming Mirrors will drive you nuts at night.
I'm disabling mine by covering the sensor.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by lunarx

Did the same on my car.
It is a vast improvement in appearance.

After tinting the windows the stupid Auto Dimming Mirrors will drive you nuts at night.
I'm disabling mine by covering the sensor.
I have covered every sensor on my Benzes since that damn feature came out. I just use a small piece of black electrical tape about the size of a paper punch to cover it.