Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting in rear seats after the fact?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1M, F550M, F550B, F40, S600, 365GTC, DBSx2, etc.
Originally Posted by Snipe656
When I made that comment I thought they sold an E550 Wagon but looked just now and see they do not. If they did then I'd figured making an E550 faster than stock would not be some major undertaking.

As far as seats for frat buddies, have you tried to get an adult into those rear seats in the E wagons? I could not imagine it being possible, the things are tiny.
For ****-drunk buddies, the fact that they've got a seat is somethign they should be grateful for. It's up to them to see which one gets to play drunk contortionist. I'd just as soon throw em on the roof

Nathan: no. Different purposes / appeals.

--Dan
Old 06-26-2012, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Derek - your car come in yet by any chance?

--Dan
Old 06-27-2012, 08:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by bobafett
Derek - your car come in yet by any chance?

--Dan
Not yet Dan. On the 21st I was told it was at sea and due to arrive in the US on the 30th. I'm anxiously awaiting some news but cautiously pessimistic, it's been a LONG process.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

No kidding. After the whole MY12 v MY13 rigamarole, I think you'll relieved more than anything else once it finally shows! Waiting in spirit with you (I'm way behind yours).

--Dan
Old 06-27-2012, 09:53 PM

1973 BMW 2002Tii, 2013 E63 wagon Cavansite P30+Premium
saw Derek's post (found out that Derek's wagon and my wagon were built the same day) and decided to call my dealer and the response I got was that it'll be here mid July but then they will have to wait for PERMISSION from MB Canada to release it to me.

Apparently head office needs to look at how many 2012's are out there first and if there is too much inventory, they'll hold off on releasing my car until more of the 2012's are sold!

Totally sucks *** as I've already traded in my truck and have been borrowing a car for the last month, which I need to return this week!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by CanuckRRS
saw Derek's post (found out that Derek's wagon and my wagon were built the same day) and decided to call my dealer and the response I got was that it'll be here mid July but then they will have to wait for PERMISSION from MB Canada to release it to me.

Apparently head office needs to look at how many 2012's are out there first and if there is too much inventory, they'll hold off on releasing my car until more of the 2012's are sold!

Totally sucks *** as I've already traded in my truck and have been borrowing a car for the last month, which I need to return this week!
I think I can one up your story Wilson, another punch to the gut, just when things were looking up:

- Car went from scheduled for 6/20 build to 6/12.
- Actually built 6/11! Yay!
- 6/13 waiting for the boat
- 6/14 I was given my VIN
- 6/21 was told it was due at port on 6/30
- 6/27 received at port early! yay!
- 6/28 told we are at the "mercy" of Benz releasing the 13's when they deem fit.

OK, I've been very patient. I've now been waiting 7 months. I'd love to hear the reasoning on why they would A: build my car B: ship my car C: have it sit at a shipping port in NJ(?) and then D: "deem it" not ready for delivery, instead of just giving me my damn wagon already!

I've called MB customer service to tell them this is the worst buying experience I've ever had. I'd rather go shoe shopping with my wife for Christ sake!!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 PM

I guess I'm not too shocked as my rep told me this might happen.

All we can do is hope they blow out the 12's early or something. I don't know about you guys in the states, but here in Toronto a friend leased a C250 at like $399 a month with Zero down at a one day sale special at the dealer! Maybe they'll offer the same on the E Klasse's!!!

Have to admit, from getting the car built to arriving stateside in 3 weeks, that's frick'n fast!!!!

Did they tell you if they would release it to the dealer to hold or are they going to hold it at MB USA? If they release mine to the dealer, I plan on visiting my little beast, say hi, maybe break in the seat a little and grab the owner's manual to study at home!!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:32 PM

2007 SLK55 AMG 2013 E63 Wagon
MBUSA is listing a July launch date for the Es, see 2nd slide.

I'm still waiting to get an allotment for a '13 E63 wagon.

https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...edan-wagon.pdf
Old 07-10-2012, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Dudes! Just catching up to things. What the donkey punch is this about? Cars are on deck, but they won't release them due to bad inventory management on MBUSA's part? Hit the phone / email tree and work up to whomever runs AMG USA or MBUSA. Inform them that any and all communication will either be through or copied to your counsel.

Speak with the owner of the dealership or at the very least the GM and explain that you're at a loss and are now considering your legal options. Explain that you understand this is not just the sole dealer, but a function of MBUSA.

You should get phone calls back to you VERY quickly. If nothing else, they should "quietly" release your car to you "as a favor."

Absolutely redonkulous. Go bananas, D!

--Dan
Old 07-10-2012, 08:54 AM

I'm up in Toronto so I don't know if it's any different, but my story sounds the same as Derek's. The sales dude gave me a heads up before I signed my papers in March that this might happen as it's happened before.

I think they do it to protect the value of the 2012 cars. If the 2013 is out, people are not going to want the 12's and they'll just sit on the lot and eventually they'll have to discount them which obviously hurts the bottom line.

I just got word from my dealer that the price on my car only went up $200 from a 2012!!!

Still waiting, end July delivery date and he thinks the 2012 inventory here in Canada looks good so they will most likely release my car on time.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S

I think they do it to protect the value of the 2012 cars. If the 2013 is out, people are not going to want the 12's and they'll just sit on the lot and eventually they'll have to discount them which obviously hurts the bottom line.
Might be the case. I have been shopping C63s the past couple of weeks. I found a couple 2012 cars still sitting on lots and figured they'd be discounted but nope not really. One of them the dealer was willing to do 3.5% off. I was surprised to then see 2011 cars still sitting on lots, now those are a good $10-12k off.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally Posted by bobafett
Dudes! Just catching up to things. What the donkey punch is this about? Cars are on deck, but they won't release them due to bad inventory management on MBUSA's part? Hit the phone / email tree and work up to whomever runs AMG USA or MBUSA. Inform them that any and all communication will either be through or copied to your counsel.

Speak with the owner of the dealership or at the very least the GM and explain that you're at a loss and are now considering your legal options. Explain that you understand this is not just the sole dealer, but a function of MBUSA.

You should get phone calls back to you VERY quickly. If nothing else, they should "quietly" release your car to you "as a favor."

Absolutely redonkulous. Go bananas, D!

--Dan
I have been quietly laying back on posting my continued hardship with delivery on my E63 Estate. I now have daily phone conversations with MBUSA. They will not allow me to speak to AMGUSA, or rather they tell me the call would just come to MBUSA anyway. I'm approaching wits end here. Bananas will be handed out shortly. I'm truly at a loss and it's completely sucked the wind out my sails about this car.

I'm up in Toronto so I don't know if it's any different, but my story sounds the same as Derek's. The sales dude gave me a heads up before I signed my papers in March that this might happen as it's happened before.

I just got word from my dealer that the price on my car only went up $200 from a 2012!!!

Still waiting, end July delivery date and he thinks the 2012 inventory here in Canada looks good so they will most likely release my car on time.
I'm happy to here your pricing info. I hope it will hold true for me as well.
While I can understand the logic- is this not what happens every year as the new MY are brought out? I can not imagine this isn't accounted for in some form or fashion.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM

I was just going to msg you Derek!

I just got off the phone with the Manager at the dealer and he is telling me my car is in Halifax and should be here at the month end. No word on if they are going to hold it or not, but chances are they will release it.... knock on wood.

Since I traded in my truck in early june, I've been driving my 1973 BMW 2002tii for the last couple weeks as my daily and have been sweating my ***** off ( I wear a shirt and tie everyday to boot!). Since my SA has been quite useless in getting me a loaner until my wagon arrives, I decided to email his manager a humorous email about my self diagnosed sweat condition called Hyperhidrosis and to take pity on me and give me a loaner. I guess he found it funny cause after he fwd'd my email to the other managers he is giving me his personal car to use until my wagon arrives! Score! Always have to celebrate the small victories in life!

Derek, I would gather names of the top people at MBUSA and AMG, even in Germany and fire out a mass email about your situation. I've done this twice before with my phone and internet company and it usually gets results shortly after the email goes out.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
Since I traded in my truck in early june, I've been driving my 1973 BMW 2002tii for the last couple weeks as my daily and have been sweating my ***** off ( I wear a shirt and tie everyday to boot!). Since my SA has been quite useless in getting me a loaner until my wagon arrives, I decided to email his manager a humorous email about my self diagnosed sweat condition called Hyperhidrosis and to take pity on me and give me a loaner. I guess he found it funny cause after he fwd'd my email to the other managers he is giving me his personal car to use until my wagon arrives! Score! Always have to celebrate the small victories in life!
Luckily he didn't refer you to get a botox.

By the way, what's the "personal car" you got?
Old 07-13-2012, 03:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Agreed - start the email campaign. Also, it can't be that hard to track down the name of the AMG USA folks, right? Just call in and ask for them (unless your name has automatically been flagged, in which case tell them you're Steve McQueen).

I think our sweaty Canadian counterpart is right (funny that hyperhydrosis got you a car) - email is the way to go. Send notes to the folks in .DE as well. Let me know if I can help.

--Dan
Old 07-13-2012, 12:00 PM

got a nice C350 demo car! nice and cold AC! suppose to reach 104F this weekend up here in Toronto!

Car has the blindspot alert thing which saved my *** on the way back to work... have a feeling i should have sprung for that driver's assistance package! hahah!

was walking around in the showroom and there's a red C63 Black series in the showroom. Can't believe it's still there!! I dropped off my truck June 1st and it had already been there for like a month, so it's been sitting there for over 2 months.... and anyone can put their grubby hands on it! Apparently the owner doesn't have time to pick it up....
Old 07-13-2012, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
Or the owner doesn't want to part with his/her funds just yet.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
FF. W212 E63 M156 non-pano 18" P2 ParkT NightV (gone but will be missed).
was walking around in the showroom and there's a red C63 Black series in the showroom. Can't believe it's still there!! I dropped off my truck June 1st and it had already been there for like a month, so it's been sitting there for over 2 months.... and anyone can put their grubby hands on it! Apparently the owner doesn't have time to pick it up....
I wonder if it's all locked up. That's the case with an unsold S65 sitting in my local dealer's showroom.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:25 PM

Nope, sitting downstairs in the AMG section, WIDDDDEEEE open for people like me to get their grubby hands on the tinted windows trying to look inside!

My SA tells me he paid for it in full!!! I guess that dude is too busy making money hand over fist to come pick it up! I'll bet it's his winter car! hahhaa!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2015 C63S
My SA tells me he paid for it in full!!! I guess that dude is too busy making money hand over fist to come pick it up! I'll bet it's his winter car! hahhaa!!!
I know a certain Doctor who is big into cars and I remember way back when the Vipers were first introduced. He went out and paid for one in full. Then a year later when the car actually showed up at the dealership he was called up to be told his Viper came in. His response was "what Viper?" ... he completely forgot that he even bought the car.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
e63 AMG bi-turbo wagon
Any more news on putting the third row into the wagon? I would totally be interested in this for my wagon if it's plug and play. My impression is that the companies take out the option as a nannying thing, account of higher speeds and such. Witness no third row option in BMW MX5.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Not yet. Work will be local (this car will be in the bay as well) - so you're welcome to come see how it goes.

--Dan
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 AM

e63 AMG bi-turbo wagon
Oh exciting, I'll PM you
Old 07-24-2012, 03:15 PM

e63 AMG bi-turbo wagon
back on the third row topic: I'm getting more and more obsessed with making this happen, and the only additional thing I'd say is that all of the original press for the E63 wagon announcement mentioned the third row as a done deal. Also, I could have sworn that I even saw photos of a press drive (in Spain?) early on where there were third row seats shown. Anyway, all this points to the likelihood that this was a late game time call from MB, which would hopefully increase the likelihood that this is a plug-and-play mod.

It would be great to find out if the third row is available in Europe, I think I'll try to jump on the German configurator later.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:51 PM

e63 AMG bi-turbo wagon
spent some time on the German AMG site (in English, but I know it wasn't the US site because it included CLS Shooting Brake, C wagon, etc.), read through the E63 wagon articles and text, and not a single reference to the seating capacity! Man, those Germans are thorough and clever, nothing to catch them out on.

Anyway, meeting with Sonic MS today to discuss the possibility of this mod. The adventure continues...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Putting in rear seats after the fact?